Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

9 minutes ago, TylerB said:

It's alright. We beat Southend and Grimsby. Super Danny with all of his experience and tactical nous will do the business until the end of the season.

Sign him up 

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really don’t understand the criticism of Hurst, I think people are being really unfair on him. At the start of the season, I don’t think anyone thought he’d even be in our match day squad, and I inclu

Do you mean Dario?! 😆

After a few beers, I've reflected on today's game.... and i still think we're <ovf censored>

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

It's alright. We beat Southend and Grimsby.

When will the players, board & fans wake up and realise we are in danger of relegation.

To say Southend & Grimsby are poor (which they are) so we will be OK is so wide of the mark.Only takes one of them sides to pick up a couple of results and we are in the <ovf censored>. Looking forward to next season if we do stay up, how can a club finishing 3rd or 4th bottom of the league attract players and convince them we are going for playoffs/promotion next season?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

What's Sinclair 's job? Defensive coach?

Head of Coaching Development / assistant to caretaker-manager

• Like 1

Advert:

Why sign Guthrie? Yet again we sign a player no better than what we already have. His statistics before we signed him are <ovf censored> and will only get worse now he’s come to the Vale.

• Like 4

Just now, MBE said:

When will the players, board & fans wake up and realise we are in danger of relegation.

To say Southend & Grimsby are poor (which they are) so we will be OK is so wide of the mark.Only takes one of them sides to pick up a couple of results and we are in the <ovf censored>. Looking forward to next season if we do stay up, how can a club finishing 3rd or 4th bottom of the league attract players and convince them we are going for playoffs/promotion next season?

Keep saying this when you look at the table, it only takes Grimsby or Southend to put a couple of wins and its bad news for Vale.  You can't rely on either of those teams to carry on their poor run.

• Like 2

Giving teams a leg up leads to defeats we have being doing it all season ,fair play to Tranmere they got stuck in and there commitment saw them home ,we looked  like  conceding every time they came forwards and thanks to Brown he kept the score down but he does not give me confidence watching him as he is rooted to his line you need get out .

ALL 3 goals we conceded were a shambles .

GET A MANAGER IN WHO CAN MOTIVATE 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 1

Sorry meant Fitzpatrick

Am a minimal contributor as like to have a balanced opinion.....but...
1. Pedestrian, risk averse, lacking confidence , lack of creation and initiave/ leadership.
2. Joyce worst offender re above.
3. Defence are disjointed, nervy, inviting pressure, and lacking any quality whatsoever. Mills, Crookes and Whitehurst should be nowhere near this side.
4. Southend and Grimsby flattered beyond reality.
5. Is it too much to ask for Ifollow/EFL to instruct BBC broadcasters that people all over the world are not paying to listen to avTranmere superfan interrupting and contradicting an even-handed BBC reporter to push his own opinions beyond challenge. We can all do that if so employed. But not pleasant listening for relatively moderate fans.

Anyway, team is crying out for a STRONG new manager ASAP to get rid of some and bang a few heads of others.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Why sign Guthrie? Yet again we sign a player no better than what we already have. His statistics before we signed him are <ovf censored> and will only get worse now he’s come to the Vale.

5 goals in his last 40 odd games/appearances. It's alright though, he offers other things than goals according to some. Just don't ask me what.

• Like 1

Advert:

14 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

We are in deep trouble, played too many games and not enough points. 

One game played more than Grimsby and 11 points more than them. One point from last five games, four points fewer than us.

Two games played more than Southend and 12 more points than them, beat them 5-1. One point from last five games, four points fewer than us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bomber said:

As said keep shipping two and three goals a game you are going nowhere except non league! Sort out this effing defence its embarrassing to say the least 

Yes I agree . 

28 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

That defence is shocking.7goals conceded in 2 games v Tranmere tells it all .Sinclair ,involved on touchline, is ex defender,what the hell is going on???

This defence is like diarrhoea they are not even strong enough to gel together into a decent turd.

• Haha 3

I also don’t understand why people are blaming Sinclair for this. He’s meant to be working with the academy, not the first team. It’s also not Pugh’s fault, he’s not a manager, he’s a coach. They’re both out of their depth through no fault of their own.

Just because Sinclair was a defender he doesn’t just suddenly become a defensive coach, that’s not what he signed up for.

I’d also like to remind people Pugh also played left back as well as centre mid, so surely he’s as responsible for sorting out the defence as Sinclair is, if not more so since he’s the one in charge at the moment.

• Like 4

Advert:

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

I also don’t understand why people are blaming Sinclair for this. He’s meant to be working with the academy, not the first team. It’s also not Pugh’s fault, he’s not a manager, he’s a coach. They’re both out of their depth through no fault of their own.

Just because Sinclair was a defender he doesn’t just suddenly become a defensive coach, that’s not what he signed up for.

I’d also like to remind people Pugh also played left back as well as centre mid, so surely he’s as responsible for sorting out the defence as Sinclair is, if not more so since he’s the one in charge at the moment.

Carol said he was helping with several other coaches run the first team as the other parts of Vale are not there at the moment.  Pugh and Sinclair are the figure heads at the moment, hence the fans venting their frustration on Pugh and Sinclair.

As Sinclair was a defender and played at a high level, the fans feel he should be sorting that side of the team out a bit more due to his experience.  This does not seem the case, or was he a good defender but a poor coach. 

Don't think that is the problem. More like the defending players are lacking in confidence and certain defenders are not good enough to play at this level.

• Like 1

Can anyone see where our points are coming from in February not to be sucked into a relegation fight?

Newport (H) Leyton Orient (A) Stevenage (H) Cambridge (H)

Stevenage looking like a 6 pointer.

March looks even worse.. really difficult run of games.

Edited by MBE

Tranmere were decent but again they’ve had to do very little to win comfortably because we just can’t do the basics defensively right.

First half we played ok in general but defensively sloppy again. First goal travels about 70 yards deal with it.

Second Mills plays a pass to no one in the middle.

Third... less said about that the better.

Only thing worse than our defensive effort was having my ears bleeding listening to tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb rattling on. No one ever can moan after hearing that about our commentary! Them and the clown at Bolton are miles off.

• Like 2