Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

17 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I remember going there once when they only had one stand open and looked like they were headed out of the league.  Some time in the mid 80s.

I also Remember going . I do hope vale can pick up 3 points at ((.come on the Vale .))  

• Like 2

Advert:

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Really don’t understand the criticism of Hurst, I think people are being really unfair on him. At the start of the season, I don’t think anyone thought he’d even be in our match day squad, and I inclu

Do you mean Dario?! 😆

After a few beers, I've reflected on today's game.... and i still think we're <ovf censored>

Posted Images

David Nugent to make his 2nd debut against the Vale? His first was for Bury aged 16 in  March 2002.  In between he has been sold for £6Million, and scored for England in his only appearance. What a contrast for our young Swan.

27 minutes ago, osprey said:

Tranmere made a few signings today including David Nugent

Last time I saw him play he was rolling more than he could actually run.

Advert:

8 hours ago, TylerB said:

Last time I saw him play he was rolling more than he could actually run.

More nougat than golden nugget?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1 said:

on a side note - Robinson's middle name is Ronaldo. Ronaldo lol!

What's Cullen's? Cantona?

Robos parents did get one thing right, he did become a footballer, but they were a bit too ambitious in the billing.

On 31/01/2021 at 19:45, Guitar Ray said:

My memory isn't great but pretty sure we did OK away there in the 80's and 90's.

I going there and we gained promotion..never seen us lose there..here’s hoping UTV

13 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

David Nugent to make his 2nd debut against the Vale? His first was for Bury aged 16 in  March 2002.  In between he has been sold for £6Million, and scored for England in his only appearance. What a contrast for our young Swan.

He hasn't played a game for 7 months.  Scored 1 in 25 last season.  Strange signing.  He'll probably score against us now!!

Advert:

1 hour ago, Raveninblack said:

I going there and we gained promotion..never seen us lose there..here’s hoping UTV

I’ve seen us win a few and lose a few there.  Never regarded it as a certainty we’d lose, unlike some grounds.

I can't remember what year it was, but I remember an away game at Tranmere when we won 0-1 and Mark Goodlad put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from a keeper, certainly live. Even a pair of Tranmere fans commented on my way out of the stadium that based on that performance he should be in the England squad.

Edited by TylerB

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I can't remember what year it was, but I remember an away game at Tranmere when we won 0-1 and Mark Goodlad put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from a keeper, certainly live. Even a pair of Tranmere fans commented on my way out of the stadium that based on that performance he should be in the England squad.

Is that the truth or is it just a social media experiment you're trying to trick us with?

Just now, mr.hobblesworth said:

Is that the truth or is it just a social media experiment you're trying to trick us with?

You decide, big man.

14 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I can only remember us winning away at Tranmere twice, both 2-1 wins.

The first one was inspired by Ainsworth and Naylor in 97/98 and in the other I think Jeff Smith scored there on a Friday night in about 2006.

• Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, Santa said:

I can only remember us winning away at Tranmere twice, both 2-1 wins.

The first one was inspired by Ainsworth and Naylor in 97/98 and in the other I think Jeff Smith scored there on a Friday night in about 2006.

I might have got the score wrong - I couldn't name half of the lineup! I just remember Goodlad having a worldie of a game and making save after save, along with it being an evening game in midweek.

22 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Brown

Gibbons Smith Crookes Monty

Joyce
Oyeleke Conlon

Worrall Guthrie Rodney

Subs: Scott, Olagunju, Mills, Taylor, Burgess, Hurst, Swan

I think that would be slightly harsh on Taylor. After a 5-1 win, I’m sure we’ll play the same team injuries permitting. It’s great that Manny is pushing, but he has not earned the right to walk straight back in. Looking forward to seeing Swan get a run out at some point. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I think that would be slightly harsh on Taylor. After a 5-1 win, I’m sure we’ll play the same team injuries permitting. It’s great that Manny is pushing, but he has not earned the right to walk straight back in. Looking forward to seeing Swan get a run out at some point. 

Yeah fair point, I was thinking Taylor would come on 2nd half and give us some energy:)