Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Management can you please change the back four around a bit.  Bring on Legge and the new lad.  Can't be worse than those playing at the moment.

Come on Vale, a quick goal and we could even win this game.  I know we can dream.

Love us to level just for the fun of hearing the commentator erupt with anger and shout.  The other commentator seems a bit more level headed.

• Like 2

Advert:

Advert:

Mary Mother of God and all the Holy Orphans.......I couldn't take any more! My ears were bleeding and I had a headache listening to that Scouse co-commentator....I've had to turn the commentary off.

Was tempted to turn it off until Jake scored as well.....their defence is as bad as ours and there's point(s)up for grabs here.

Edited by ClntonBoulton
Typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, grand prix pants said:

Depends what you mean by “supporting”.

Well paying money to watch largely dreadful games every week despite being unhappy about a lot of the goings on at the club is surely supporting. 

Or maybe I should have been doing the Carlton dance after we beat Grimsby and Southend at home and saying that Pugh deserves a contract like some, maybe that's what real supporting is and I have it completely wrong.

Talk about being our own worst enemies. Awful cross by Monty, next thing you know they’re attacking our box and only a poor final ball prevents a third.

This side really is infuriating. We’re having the lion’s share of the game then will do something utterly stupid and concede a chance/score yet always seem to have to work really hard for any of our own. 

Pugh simply has to get Mills off. He’s actually been a hindrance this half, we’d be better with 10 men. Joyce has been poor as well, but we’ve generally been too slow moving the ball around. 

Smudge at right back and Leon on please for the second half. If we tighten up our defence, we can get back in this. We can see it but somehow I doubt whether our management will. If we'd have started with Smudge and Leon, we wouldn't have to be clawing our way back.

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 1

Advert:

Their first, very hard to defnd against, their second, Crookes completely lost his man. Mills all over the shop, I’m afraid. Legge might be a very expensive solution... ? Bring Mussie on for Crookes but that’s high risk as well. We’re still in it but very much up against it without obvious solutions. Wish Gibbo was fit enough.

The first goal the leg up goal what the hell where was our defence ,the second goal we give cheap possession away and no ones committed enough win the ball back, they have hit the bar and somehow Browns saved a certain goal but other than that they ain't that good just us making the opposition look good with abject defending .

MIlls rightly slated for second goal first goal its Smith's man and once again he as let him go or another member of another team in on our goal ,very very poor that as I felt there is something in this game for Vale but having watched how inept we are at the back ,not just Mills either unless they are replaced we are not going get away from this game without conceding 4 minimum we are that crap at the basics 

Mills has had a lot of criticism and whilst he hasn't been great other than the bad pass before their second I don't think he has been the worst on the pitch for us. He certainly has in other games.

I think this may be the last we see of crookes just let their lad run through for the first and sold himself for the second. If it isn't it should be.

Until his goal all Taylor had done was kill attacks with short/hospital passes.

I'm not sure what Guthrie offers other than a presence up top. I don't see much difference between him and Reggie.

I would have never thought Otis Khan would make a full back but has probably been the best right back I have seen against Rodney this season. He used to be our tormentorfrom midfield but hadn't been great the last few times we have played Mansfield.

Despite being so poor we are somehow still in this. Come on Vale

Advert:

1 minute ago, wotsyobeef said:

Mills has had a lot of criticism and whilst he hasn't been great other than the bad pass before their second I don't think he has been the worst on the pitch for us. He certainly has in other games.

I think this may be the last we see of crookes just let their lad run through for the first and sold himself for the second. If it isn't it should be.

Until his goal all Taylor had done was kill attacks with short/hospital passes.

I'm not sure what Guthrie offers other than a presence up top. I don't see much difference between him and Reggie.

I would have never thought Otis Khan would make a full back but has probably been the best right back I have seen against Rodney this season. He used to be our tormentorfrom midfield but hadn't been great the last few times we have played Mansfield.

Despite being so poor we are somehow still in this. Come on Vale

Guthrie is piss poor. He might offer a bit of a presence but he won't score as many goals as Robinson would, who we all know is pretty useless himself. There's a reason a poor Bradford side wanted rid of him.

• Like 1