onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just watched the goals back again in sky. Credit where credits due, great ball from Spearing for their first and  Vaughan’s touch for his first to take him away from Crookes was brilliant. But on the flip side, we looked all over the place at the back to be cut open so easily for some of their chances. That isn't just down to the fact that Mills was on the pitch either, there’s something totally wrong in how we set up and play. 

16 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Didn’t he pick up a knee injury in pre-season and then get rushed into playing 2 consecutive games unnecessarily instead of being eased back in? But there’s no way IMO that he should be lumped in with some of the other players to potentially get rid of. We had a spate of hamstring injuries all at the same time through what was going on in training this season. Finally for once we are managing a player back into fitness instead of rushing them like we have done in the past with Manny, Monty and Amoo. That’s been our downfall. 

That was my original point ... we ll never do any good with our sick list and maybe I was wrong to drag gibbo into it he s a player I really like but he does miss games through injury... including today !
We can carry an injury prone player, I remember Foyley explaining to me he knew Lee Mathews was injury prone but he was worth a risk at very little cost to the Vale... we can all remember Michael Walsh I m sure... but we ve never had such a list of players we can’t get out on the pitch Manny, Monty, Amoo, Cullen and then compound that with Legge suspensions, Conlons injury, Gibbo s injury, and it’s no wonder we ve struggled.  I can only remember one player missing semi regularly under Adams ( Vincent) ... have to get shut of any players we can’t get out in the pitch I m afraid we have too many of them.

While I m on a rant we re also too lightweight as I said at the start of the season... then take Pope and Legge out and we re bantam weight.

so frustrating because it wouldn’t take much to turn this team around. 

thank goodness for the cricket in the morning even the rugby let me down 😂

1 hour ago, LancyTony said:

No - as has been said before he was brought in to try to develop kids to become first-teamers. I'd suggest the blame for the defensive "coaching" lies somewhere else?

That’s fair play mate, I just wondered. Perhaps he should be if we are so poor there

Brown 6 

Mills 4 

Smith 4 

CROOKES 3 

Montano 5

WORRALL 2 

joyce 4 

Taylor 4 

Rodney 2

Guthrie 2 

Conlon 5 

All in all a poor display only last 20 we played and even we nearly gave a goal away.

Too easy to score against, embarrassing defensive display again and Worrall and Rodney did bugger all .

Only Swann and Hurst come out of that game with any credit as even though Brown saved us a few times by being rooted to his line he instills no confidence in me with his positional play from crosses .

First goals a shocker an embarrassing amateur goal concede. 

The other two werent much better Valesdefence takesocial distancing to a new level of toss.

The thing is the new loan signings can come into the starting 11 now, so that should plug a few gaps and provide a few goals!

get them straight in, <ovf censored> match fitness we don’t have the time!

12 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

I’ve still not calmed down, bunch of incompetent fookers throughout PVFC. If it wasn’t for Bell end and Grimble being so <ovf censored> we’d be in it up to our necks. Thanks Carol and co for another false dawn !!!!!!! 

Spot on!Tranmere fans are saying the same tonight, as most opposition fans recently,we are garbage .Lucky not a cricket score today and our only saving grace is the two bottom teams looked doomed.Bloody wake up Port Vale Football Club, the "honeymoon "is over!!!!!!

Just watched the goals back again in sky. Credit where credits due, great ball from Spearing for their first and  Vaughan’s touch for his first to take him away from Crookes was brilliant. But on the flip side, we looked all over the place at the back to be cut open so easily for some of their chances. That isn't just down to the fact that Mills was on the pitch either, there’s something totally wrong in how we set up and play. 
Was Vaughan's touch that good?

I thought he put the ball exactly where you would expect him to put it and crookes went charging in like a steam train without thinking, leaving him with a free shot on goal.

Not sure where to post this, here will do I guess. I have anumber of questions and frustrations, all I can say is that too many people within PVFC have been and are still getting a free ride whilst there are none of us in the ground to vent our frustrations.

Here are a few of mine:-

How can a team that looked 'decent', perhaps a centre mid and x2 strikers short last season head towards 20/ 21st position in this poor league some 9/10 months later?

Why do we persevere with players who obviously have major issues with fitness and maintaining fitness?

Cullen, Oyeleke, Montano, etc. They may be decent but are no good to us sat in the stands for half a season or more.

What has happened to Leon Legge?

Why have we not appointed a new manager some 7 games on?

Why do we look like so poor defensively when our coaching staff in the main were either defenders or defensive minded?

Why do we sign strikers who never look like they will score goals and make excuses for them?

We lack discipline, we lack leadership, we lack goals and can't stop conceding them, not rocket science and needs addressing.

We have 4K Season Ticket holders, who as each week goes by are turning into 2K or less, the impact on walk-up and flexi 10 ticket purchases will follow suit.

I appreciate these are difficult times, the same times that apply to the other 71 EFL clubs.

We are going backwards, all the positivity of the new ownership is fast disappearing, something I both hate and never thought I'd be saying.

To do nothing or compromise with Vale or any club only leads one way - down, the only question is when and how long it will take.

To say I'm dissapointed is a massive understatement and contradicts my thoughts of last year.

A real poor and sorry affair again at Vale. As the saying goes: "You can only kick a dog so many times, eventually it will stop coming back to you"

100 % effort but after watching him for a few games i agree i do wonder if he has it.
Doubt he would be in the Tranmere 22 man squad.
Reminds me of Hannant but not as good as him

I like Hurst - hard working and can cross with both feet, I think he’s well worth persevering with

Archived