onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Spot on. And I think that’s the most depressing thing. We started the season thinking great, settled squad, a couple of experienced additions, promotion here we come. As you say, we are nowhere near and facing another summer overhaul.

I thought they were ok, nothing spectacular, if anything I didn’t think they looked as good as they did at VP.

But then of course they didn’t have to be did they.

I think I’m done with the away games for this year.

We be ok a few easy pickings away soon. Salford Orient Cheltenham, only 30 quid , 9 points , what's not to like 🙄

Advert

Confidence plays a massive part for a goalscorer. Guthrie does have effort and he does not hide. He wants to be involved. Rodney looked poor today. They both need service to look better.
Pope still looks the best number 9 we have and he is very close to being past it i am afraid.

I can’t recall him having a shot on goal in any/many games... his only effort today, was a weak header

5 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Spot on. And I think that’s the most depressing thing. We started the season thinking great, settled squad, a couple of experienced additions, promotion here we come. As you say, we are nowhere near and facing another summer overhaul.

I thought they were ok, nothing spectacular, if anything I didn’t think they looked as good as they did at VP.

But then of course they didn’t have to be did they.

I think I’m done with the away games for this year.

Im definitely done with away games now. I'll just wait for the updates on here

14 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

True.

We know we cannot rely on Monty playing a full season.

Gibbons we need to see. This season was a first but from now on we dont know.

Na Gibbons has been missing in action before this season as well unfortunately ... we just can’t keep carrying players we can’t get out in the pitch on a regular basis...

8 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Na Gibbons has been missing in action before this season as well unfortunately ... we just can’t keep carrying players we can’t get out in the pitch on a regular basis...

Didn’t he pick up a knee injury in pre-season and then get rushed into playing 2 consecutive games unnecessarily instead of being eased back in? But there’s no way IMO that he should be lumped in with some of the other players to potentially get rid of. We had a spate of hamstring injuries all at the same time through what was going on in training this season. Finally for once we are managing a player back into fitness instead of rushing them like we have done in the past with Manny, Monty and Amoo. That’s been our downfall. 

3 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Interim manager or not, we've got a man in charge who openly admits he's not ready to be a manager. So far he's been given 6 games... how many more?

As many as it takes until he is ready 😬

We really are a bunch of pathetic losers aren't we?

Lose. Lose. Lose. Lose.

What is up with those players?

Tranmere weren't in the league up until recently yet look head and shoulders above what we'll ever be.

I'm that angry I can't even be bothered to look at the league table but I'd hazard a guess only Southend and Grimsby will have lost more than us this season.

2 minutes ago, Wrex said:

As many as it takes until he is ready 😬

Yep. I've felt right from the off that Carol has been itching to give the job to Pugh, and has been hoping that a few wins would not only justify it to anyone opposed, but would also help to persuade Pugh(y) himself that he should take it on - noticed he stated yesterday that "This has definitely given me taste for the management side of things".

As was posted elsewhere on here this week, surely out of the "40 quality applicants", there must be someone amongst them that is suitable & affordable?

Archived