onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

2 hours ago, dazzerjames said:

We were always going to concede again if the team wasn’t changed half time . An experienced manager would have changed it . Pugh wouldn’t have the confidence to be that bold . Needs the new manager in soon

Askey was an experienced manager. He would not have changed it. For Askey read Pugh.

I find it very difficult to praise or criticise a manager and not include his team also.

Big difference being Pugh now has the final say in all matters but it is still the same decisions as if Askey was in charge ???

1 hour ago, Powerline said:

Picking on the wrong people there imo. Young lad making his way in his first season in the football league. I think he’s been one of our brightest players today. There’s certainly been many worse on the pitch.

He's an easy target, but he'll never be at his best while the defence behind him is inviting pressure on us all the time! He should be coming off the bench for 15 - 20 minutes at a time, and in a team that's competing, not permanently under the cosh! 

2 hours ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Problem is if you do that you need another pair of fullbacks to cover for them while they are injured for 50 pcent of the games ... so in effect you need 4 first team full backs which is difficult given budgets... for me we have some promise with a few of our younger players but we carry too many injury prone players.... tough as it may seem that’s where we need to start with any kind of cull... a constantly injured player is no use to us even if they are worth their place when they fit.

True.

We know we cannot rely on Monty playing a full season.

Gibbons we need to see. This season was a first but from now on we dont know.

32 minutes ago, Houston Valiant said:

He does enough shouting (90 mins)  to make it sound like it’s his role. 

People do make me laugh. Askey castigated by fans for not being animated on the sideline. Now Sinclair getting complaints for shouting too much. What do people want?

4 minutes ago, Santa said:

Didn’t watch the game for the sake of my own wellbeing. Had a much more relaxed afternoon watching BBC red button with Garth Crooks with an air of resignation as the Tranmere goals popped up on the videprinter. 

All the best. 

Really wished I had. To think £7 of my £10 went to Tranmere to watch that.:banghead:

6 minutes ago, Walter said:

I think today just shows how far off we actually are.

Spot on. And I think that’s the most depressing thing. We started the season thinking great, settled squad, a couple of experienced additions, promotion here we come. As you say, we are nowhere near and facing another summer overhaul.

I thought they were ok, nothing spectacular, if anything I didn’t think they looked as good as they did at VP.

But then of course they didn’t have to be did they.

I think I’m done with the away games for this year.

8 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

100 % effort but after watching him for a few games i agree i do wonder if he has it.

Doubt he would be in the Tranmere 22 man squad.

Reminds me of Hannant but not as good as him

I feel people are being very harsh judging him so soon. He’s been one of our better players since coming in and he’s never played above conference north until now. Not exactly a good season for him to be eased into either, been thrown in at the deep end. Give him a chance.

Archived