onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Last post I'll make on here for a bit as this club is really not healthy for me. Pop the champagne, lads. 

I stated that the good start was a false one and it was being covered up through Scott Brown being unsustainably elite and would inevitable tail off. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that the decline had begun around the Kings Lynn/Tranmere debacle. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated Askey needed to go as it after Stevenage was clear he'd lost the plot and the signings weren't good enough. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated the club had to act decisively once Askey was sacked to appoint an external appointment, to sort out the issues and prepare the rebuild. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that Carol's initial interview of 'we will probably stick with Danny' was a poor attitude and needed rectifying. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that Carol's decision to completely u-turn was wise and hoped she acted quickly, and was relieved to hear Danny didn't want it. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads (and we should stick with Pughy anyways).

I stated that a month without a manager is an inexcusable attempt of ponderous dithering, and the confusing u-turns, seemingly compounded by the breakdown in talks with Flitcroft, were deeply worrying. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that a new, external man is needed ASAP to assess the squad and prepare for the summer. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads, and the season wasn't over yet, and give it to Pughy, no harm.

I was given stick for always being on here and expressing dissatisfaction, which is probably fair. It is a laugh to log on and see the exact same people who were berating me/my views to now be expressing the exact same opinions, just about 6 weeks too late. One bloke on the manager thread has u-turned in 24 hours. Stop moaning and get behind the lads, lads!

I've been told for 20+ years to stop moaning and get behind the lads, and guess what?; nothing has ever improved. We're still a laughing stock, today 4 places above where we were in 1980. We're still absolute sh!te. I've moaned about Bratt, Norman, Glover, Foyle, Gannon, Bruno, Brown, Askey. Always - stop moaning and get behind the lads.

We've finished in the top 6 ONE TIME IN 30 YEARS. I've seen two relegations and two administrations. One promotion. A goal at Man City in a hammering. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I feel all I've done this year is correctly predict what would go wrong and get all levels of stick for it on here. This is a pretentious, 'I told you so' post, I accept, but Christ does it feel good after loads of stick for correctly telling you all we would end up like this. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

We're commendable on the pitch but naive on it. The lack of football expertise/vigour at the club is startling. It feels like a Parish Council. Tea and biscuits and kindness and not a lot else (footballing side, this. Off pitch it's sound). We put aside the managerial search to focus on the window, and ended up signing two kids from academies we have contacts at. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I didn't watch the game today as I felt so detached from it all, another season of nothing caused by dithering, delay, and poor decisions. I didn't miss it at all. Martin Tideswell sitting on the managerial interviews as we refuse to pay the money for a decent manager, lobbing Danny Pugh to the lions and getting bent over by Mansfield and Tranmere, losing to farmer outfits like Barrow and Stevenage. £10 well saved, and will donate it to the Hubb Foundation tonight, where it will be put to better use than if I gave it to the club itself. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

Speed Not Haste. Want Need Expect. Blah Blah Blah. League f*cking 2. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

Won't be looking at the responses to these so argue amongst yourselves. Wish those of you with stronger wills all the luck in seeing this season out. 

Just remember to stop moaning, and get behind the lads.

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

I can't wait for this season to end, put us out of our misery.

How many times have we said that over the years i wonder

One thing is for sure,Carol will have to realise soon that you get what you pay for manager wise,the longer it goes on now then the more it is going to cost overall 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Last post I'll make on here for a bit as this club is really not healthy for me. Pop the champagne, lads.

I stated that the good start was a false one and it was being covered up through Scott Brown being unsustainably elite and would inevitable tail off. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that the decline had begun around the Kings Lynn/Tranmere debacle. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated Askey needed to go as it after Stevenage was clear he'd lost the plot and the signings weren't good enough. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated the club had to act decisively once Askey was sacked to appoint an external appointment, to sort out the issues and prepare the rebuild. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that Carol's initial interview of 'we will probably stick with Danny' was a poor attitude and needed rectifying. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that Carol's decision to completely u-turn was wise and hoped she acted quickly, and was relieved to hear Danny didn't want it. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads (and we should stick with Pughy anyways).

I stated that a month without a manager is an inexcusable attempt of ponderous dithering, and the confusing u-turns, seemingly compounded by the breakdown in talks with Flitcroft, were deeply worrying. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I stated that a new, external man is needed ASAP to assess the squad and prepare for the summer. Was told to stop moaning and get behind the lads, and the season wasn't over yet, and give it to Pughy, no harm.

I was given stick for always being on here and expressing dissatisfaction, which is probably fair. It is a laugh to log on and see the exact same people who were berating me/my views to now be expressing the exact same opinions, just about 6 weeks too late. One bloke on the manager thread has u-turned in 24 hours. Stop moaning and get behind the lads, lads!

I've been told for 20+ years to stop moaning and get behind the lads, and guess what?; nothing has ever improved. We're still a laughing stock, today 4 places above where we were in 1980. We're still absolute sh!te. I've moaned about Bratt, Norman, Glover, Foyle, Gannon, Bruno, Brown, Askey. Always - stop moaning and get behind the lads.

We've finished in the top 6 ONE TIME IN 30 YEARS. I've seen two relegations and two administrations. One promotion. A goal at Man City in a hammering. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I feel all I've done this year is correctly predict what would go wrong and get all levels of stick for it on here. This is a pretentious, 'I told you so' post, I accept, but Christ does it feel good after loads of stick for correctly telling you all we would end up like this. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

I didn't watch the game today as I felt so detached from it all, another season of nothing caused by dithering, delay, and poor decisions. Martin Tideswell sitting on the managerial interviews as we refuse to pay the money for a decent manager, lobbing Danny Pugh to the lions and getting bent over by Mansfield and Tranmere. £10 well saved, and will donate it to the Hubb Foundation later on, where it will be put to better use than if I gave it to the club itself. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

Speed Not Haste. Want Need Expect. Blah Blah Blah. League f*cking 2. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

Won't be looking at the responses to these so argue amongst yourselves. Wish those of you with stronger wills all the luck in seeing this season out. 

I agree mate.

But you'll be back

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

I didn't watch the game today as I felt so detached from it all, another season of nothing caused by dithering, delay, and poor decisions. Martin Tideswell sitting on the managerial interviews as we refuse to pay the money for a decent manager, lobbing Danny Pugh to the lions and getting bent over by Mansfield and Tranmere, losing to farmer outfits like Barrow and Stevenage. £10 well saved, and will donate it to the Hubb Foundation tonight, where it will be put to better use than if I gave it to the club itself. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

Stop moaning and get behind the lads. 

Traaaa

We're commendable on the pitch but naive on it. The lack of football expertise/vigour at the club is startling. It feels like a Parish Council. Tea and biscuits and kindness and not a lot else (footballing side, this. Off pitch it's sound). We put aside the managerial search to focus on the window, and ended up signing two kids from academies we have contacts at. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.
I didn't watch the game today as I felt so detached from it all, another season of nothing caused by dithering, delay, and poor decisions. I didn't miss it at all. Martin Tideswell sitting on the managerial interviews as we refuse to pay the money for a decent manager, lobbing Danny Pugh to the lions and getting bent over by Mansfield and Tranmere, losing to farmer outfits like Barrow and Stevenage. £10 well saved, and will donate it to the Hubb Foundation tonight, where it will be put to better use than if I gave it to the club itself. Stop moaning and get behind the lads.

Maybe following a football team, especially one in league 2 isn't a good option for you. Have you ever thought of taking up dressage?

2 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

Mills has had a lot of criticism and whilst he hasn't been great other than the bad pass before their second I don't think he has been the worst on the pitch for us. He certainly has in other games.

I think this may be the last we see of crookes just let their lad run through for the first and sold himself for the second. If it isn't it should be.

Until his goal all Taylor had done was kill attacks with short/hospital passes.

I'm not sure what Guthrie offers other than a presence up top. I don't see much difference between him and Reggie.

I would have never thought Otis Khan would make a full back but has probably been the best right back I have seen against Rodney this season. He used to be our tormentorfrom midfield but hadn't been great the last few times we have played Mansfield.

Despite being so poor we are somehow still in this. Come on Vale

Agree with all this :

Crookes is very poor. Smith not much better. We need two center halfs.

Taylor scored again but he offers very little else in midfield and needs to be carried by the others. Joyce has to be replaced for us to do this and get the best from Taylor.

Guthrie not showing enough so far. Tells me that the best number 9 we have is still Pope. We need a goalscorer up front.

Rodney showed nothing today and yes against Khan who had a good day at full back. Defended well and good going forward. Their left back also had a good defensive game, got stuck in and was good going forward. Clark is a proper center half and they could even carry a donkey in Monte.

Spearing is a player who protects the back four and also plays his part in forward play.

Vaughan up front. Goals goals goals. add Lloyd and Lewis and the have a top team

Oh and for everyone that states Worral is the best. Take a look at Woolery today. He is a top player who can : work hard for his team, play wide and create chances.

Very good team Tranmere. When we played them earlier i said they would be 15+ points above us. Now need to say it will be 25+. We have a long way to go before we are a top team.

2 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Turning it off now.....I'll go and watch the rugby. This is depressing,,,,AGAIN. Defending is woeful....may as well just send a shirt out!

Will have to calm down a bit before commenting on the rest....awful.

Think Mills was thinking of rugby. Did you see his attempt at an up n under chase

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Does it have to be champagne Joe, I've got some cheap spumante in the cupboard. 🥂

PVFC : For better or worse, till death us do part.

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Seriously hope he scores a hatful for us. However seen a lot of strikers down the Vale some good many poor. Gutherie doesnt look like a goal scorer,  hasnt got that desire. Maybe its too early some will say but chuck someone into a swimming pool and you soon see if they are a swimmer. Rodney looked like he had something from day one, dont see that in Gutherie.

Just my opinion of course and happy to come on here and eat Humble pie if I am wrong.

Confidence plays a massive part for a goalscorer. Guthrie does have effort and he does not hide. He wants to be involved. Rodney looked poor today. They both need service to look better.

Pope still looks the best number 9 we have and he is very close to being past it i am afraid.

Archived