onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

All quite true, Mr L. But where does the accountability for this lie? And how is it going to improve? Many of the posters you say are having a needless pop at the players saw the wheels coming off in November, yet here we are in February still searching for the Holy Grail.

Something has to change and change soon or next season the club will not have the revenue to do very much at all.

We need leadership and hope. 

Thank you for your reply Mr. C - how formal we are!  The accountability is too easy to nail on to one person. We are coming out of a period where we had an awful owner, with a poor demotivated team that struggled against relegation with managers who couldn't fix it. The owners at least are now better, and investing in the team at a difficult time during a pandemic with no fans able to bring in money to the club.  They are sending all the right messages. The players?  Yes, they are accountable, but I think they are doing heir best, it just isn't good enough. Leadership and hope off the field might be incoming with the new manager.  Leadership and hope on the field normally comes with players performing well and gaining confidence.  Every player should be a leader, not just the biggest, oldest, fiercest. I sometimes think leadership is overrated to be honest, if you have intelligent individuals who can work it out for themselves.  But that's just my opinion.

Advert

"Tranmere today had better players than us in key positions."    (Lornelounger)

.... I would probably change that slightly, to "every" position. On today's performances, I couldn't see any one of our players that would get into their team. Perhaps Brown - not sure what their keeper is like as we didn't give him anywhere near enough to do.

In no game do we see the other defence concede a goal like we did for the first and the second and third were we social distancing .

A waste of a tenner yet again this season has being a joke you have Leon legge on the bench and you could see from there first corner that arerially they had the beating of us I'd have brought him on immediately. 

Pugh is not up to the job Oyeleke would have given us strength in midfield ,we have lost that game through the ineptitude of the defence again every ball in created a chance for them yet Pugh just stood there and didnt change any of the useless shower at the back .

Get a decent man motivator in or else and reinstate Legge as his aerial presence would have made a difference in both boxes today ,Crookes was not up to the job today ,Mills and Smith are liabilities and Rodney has done nothing today yet remained on the pitch ,all in all a half hearted display which got what it deserved Nowt 

50 minutes ago, MBE said:
Can anyone see where our points are coming from in February not to be sucked into a relegation fight?
Newport (H) Leyton Orient (A) Stevenage (H) Cambridge (H)
Stevenage looking like a 6 pointer.
March looks even worse.. really difficult run of games.

I would say the question is more can you see where Southend and Grimsby are going to get the points from to suck us into a relegation fight.

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

Well done, Jake Taylor - back in scoring mode

Thats what Taylor is in the team for.

Unfortunately we need a midfield player too and as long as Joyce plays in a three with Conlon and Taylor we will remain a poor team. 

Not convinced about Taylor at all. Yes he will score goals , i think , but at what cost. He has not been in the game so far and we are being overran in midfield. First priority is get rid of Joyce.

I think we looked exactly what we are today.

A tired, directionless, rudderless ship.  We've got a lot of bang average players and too many poor players.

They were miles ahead of us.

It's alright saying well, they've got Vaughan.  Well, yeah, they have.  Why have we never got a Vaughan?  We've spent on utter dross like whitehead, Fitzpatrick, robinson, mckirdy just off the top of my head. If their wages combined wouldn't get us a Vaughan at this level then Tranmere must be paying every one of their other players in food vouchers.

2 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

would say the question is more can you see where Southend and Grimsby are going to get the points fro to such us into a relegation fight.

There is always one team each season who pull some results together to escape. Lets just hope this season is the exception and they remain as porous as us.

8 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

I think we looked exactly what we are today.

A tired, directionless, rudderless ship.  We've got a lot of bang average players and too many poor players.

They were miles ahead of us.

It's alright saying well, they've got Vaughan.  Well, yeah, they have.  Why have we never got a Vaughan?  We've spent on utter dross like whitehead, Fitzpatrick, robinson, mckirdy just off the top of my head. If their wages combined wouldn't get us a Vaughan at this level then Tranmere must be paying every one of their other players in food vouchers.

This sums it up for me and proves why we are where we are. We always seem to have a massive squad of average or poor players, we never sign quality. Our squad is miles off certain teams in this league and we are meant to be one of the bigger clubs. We never have a Vaughan or a Spearing, proven quality players who will get you promotion. We have appointed one experienced, proven manager in Adams and gained promotion.

If you are prepared to spend on quality and experience then it really isn’t that hard to get out of this league eventually.

10 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Thats what Taylor is in the team for.

Unfortunately we need a midfield player too and as long as Joyce plays in a three with Conlon and Taylor we will remain a poor team. 

Not convinced about Taylor at all. Yes he will score goals , i think , but at what cost. He has not been in the game so far and we are being overran in midfield. First priority is get rid of Joyce.

Was very poor at a bang average Scunthorpe hardly got a start so we give him a 3 and 1/2 year contract and yes I know he did ok last season for us 

8 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

Which thinking back gobsmacks me. The start of the season , keeping the squad together, I really thought this year was our year. Jesus wept how wrong I was.

Its still not quite sinking in how <ovf censored> we have been.

When we played Tranmere at the start of the season we looked a far better team than them.  Subsequently Tranmere have clearly thrown money at it, added players, changed manager and sorted themselves out.  Currently we're moving in opposite directions.

Archived