onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Giving teams a leg up leads to defeats we have being doing it all season ,fair play to Tranmere they got stuck in and there commitment saw them home ,we looked  like  conceding every time they came forwards and thanks to Brown he kept the score down but he does not give me confidence watching him as he is rooted to his line you need get out .

ALL 3 goals we conceded were a shambles .

GET A MANAGER IN WHO CAN MOTIVATE 

Advert

Sorry meant Fitzpatrick

Am a minimal contributor as like to have a balanced opinion.....but...
1. Pedestrian, risk averse, lacking confidence , lack of creation and initiave/ leadership.
2. Joyce worst offender re above.
3. Defence are disjointed, nervy, inviting pressure, and lacking any quality whatsoever. Mills, Crookes and Whitehurst should be nowhere near this side.
4. Southend and Grimsby flattered beyond reality.
5. Is it too much to ask for Ifollow/EFL to instruct BBC broadcasters that people all over the world are not paying to listen to avTranmere superfan interrupting and contradicting an even-handed BBC reporter to push his own opinions beyond challenge. We can all do that if so employed. But not pleasant listening for relatively moderate fans.

Anyway, team is crying out for a STRONG new manager ASAP to get rid of some and bang a few heads of others.

3 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Why sign Guthrie? Yet again we sign a player no better than what we already have. His statistics before we signed him are <ovf censored> and will only get worse now he’s come to the Vale.

5 goals in his last 40 odd games/appearances. It's alright though, he offers other things than goals according to some. Just don't ask me what.

14 minutes ago, jasmart02 said:

We are in deep trouble, played too many games and not enough points. 

One game played more than Grimsby and 11 points more than them. One point from last five games, four points fewer than us.

Two games played more than Southend and 12 more points than them, beat them 5-1. One point from last five games, four points fewer than us.

Guest Vale at home
10 minutes ago, bomber said:

As said keep shipping two and three goals a game you are going nowhere except non league! Sort out this effing defence its embarrassing to say the least 

Yes I agree . 

28 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

That defence is shocking.7goals conceded in 2 games v Tranmere tells it all .Sinclair ,involved on touchline, is ex defender,what the hell is going on???

This defence is like diarrhoea they are not even strong enough to gel together into a decent turd.

I also don’t understand why people are blaming Sinclair for this. He’s meant to be working with the academy, not the first team. It’s also not Pugh’s fault, he’s not a manager, he’s a coach. They’re both out of their depth through no fault of their own.

Just because Sinclair was a defender he doesn’t just suddenly become a defensive coach, that’s not what he signed up for.

I’d also like to remind people Pugh also played left back as well as centre mid, so surely he’s as responsible for sorting out the defence as Sinclair is, if not more so since he’s the one in charge at the moment.

1 minute ago, Powerline said:

I also don’t understand why people are blaming Sinclair for this. He’s meant to be working with the academy, not the first team. It’s also not Pugh’s fault, he’s not a manager, he’s a coach. They’re both out of their depth through no fault of their own.

Just because Sinclair was a defender he doesn’t just suddenly become a defensive coach, that’s not what he signed up for.

I’d also like to remind people Pugh also played left back as well as centre mid, so surely he’s as responsible for sorting out the defence as Sinclair is, if not more so since he’s the one in charge at the moment.

Carol said he was helping with several other coaches run the first team as the other parts of Vale are not there at the moment.  Pugh and Sinclair are the figure heads at the moment, hence the fans venting their frustration on Pugh and Sinclair.

As Sinclair was a defender and played at a high level, the fans feel he should be sorting that side of the team out a bit more due to his experience.  This does not seem the case, or was he a good defender but a poor coach. 

Don't think that is the problem. More like the defending players are lacking in confidence and certain defenders are not good enough to play at this level.

Can anyone see where our points are coming from in February not to be sucked into a relegation fight?

Newport (H) Leyton Orient (A) Stevenage (H) Cambridge (H)

Stevenage looking like a 6 pointer.

March looks even worse.. really difficult run of games.

Tranmere were decent but again they’ve had to do very little to win comfortably because we just can’t do the basics defensively right.

First half we played ok in general but defensively sloppy again. First goal travels about 70 yards deal with it.

Second Mills plays a pass to no one in the middle.

Third... less said about that the better.

Only thing worse than our defensive effort was having my ears bleeding listening to tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb rattling on. No one ever can moan after hearing that about our commentary! Them and the clown at Bolton are miles off.

Can anyone see where our points are coming from in February not to be sucked into a relegation fight?
Newport (H) Leyton Orient (A) Stevenage (H) Cambridge (H)
Stevenage looking like a 6 pointer.
March looks even worse.. really difficult run of games.

Newport are meh. Grimsby battered them today but they got a 1-0 Orient are meh. Stevenage is winnable.

None of those have the quality Tranmere do.

Just now, valefan16 said:

Newport are meh. Grimsby battered them today but they got a 1-0 Orient are meh. Stevenage is winnable.

None of those have the quality Tranmere do.

You could say the same about Walsall and Scunthorpe yet we lost home and away to both.

I called 3-0 before the game, and save for a shot their keeper really ought to have saved would have been right.

So if a layman like me can see this, why can’t somebody with Christ knows how many years in football like Pugh, Sinclair et al have???? 

Why go to Tranmere with a midfield and defence like that??? Oh that’s right, because the squad is absolute pants.

God how I love the season to be suspended and voided now. We look great against absolute dross like Grimsby and Southend, but put us up against anyone with any reasonable tactical nous and a bit of quality (Vaughan) then we are goosed. 

I can’t think of a single positive from that shower, apart from perhaps Taylor scoring and maybe giving him a bit of confidence to kick on.

People will say, wait, what about Brown?? Well, for me, he does 50% of his job great, but doesn't command his box, organise or distribute very well. Goalkeeping has moved on I’m afraid.

Smith can go for me. Vale fans are blinded by him coming through the youth team and being “one of our own”. Think of the teams he’s been part of. All abject failures. We’ve seriously blundered squandering a big part of the budget on a 3 year deal for me.

The less said about Mills the better. Suffice to say, I’m once again having a weekend where I’m praying this will be the last time I ever see him in a Vale shirt.

Joyce is, I’m afraid, no longer good enough for the midfield general role. Think of a slower, L2 equivalent of Nemanja Matic who plays even more square and backwards passes. Yes, hard on the eyes.

I’d say that it’s a racing certainty we’ll finish 4th/5th bottom, doing just about enough.

When’s the ticket season renewal letters go out again??

Archived