onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I can't remember what year it was, but I remember an away game at Tranmere when we won 0-1 and Mark Goodlad put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from a keeper, certainly live. Even a pair of Tranmere fans commented on my way out of the stadium that based on that performance he should be in the England squad.

Is that the truth or is it just a social media experiment you're trying to trick us with?

Advert

14 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I can't remember what year it was, but I remember an away game at Tranmere when we won 0-1 and Mark Goodlad put in one of the best performances I've ever seen from a keeper, certainly live. Even a pair of Tranmere fans commented on my way out of the stadium that based on that performance he should be in the England squad.

I can only remember us winning away at Tranmere twice, both 2-1 wins.

The first one was inspired by Ainsworth and Naylor in 97/98 and in the other I think Jeff Smith scored there on a Friday night in about 2006.

3 hours ago, Santa said:

I can only remember us winning away at Tranmere twice, both 2-1 wins.

The first one was inspired by Ainsworth and Naylor in 97/98 and in the other I think Jeff Smith scored there on a Friday night in about 2006.

I might have got the score wrong - I couldn't name half of the lineup! I just remember Goodlad having a worldie of a game and making save after save, along with it being an evening game in midweek.

22 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Brown

Gibbons Smith Crookes Monty

Joyce
Oyeleke Conlon

Worrall Guthrie Rodney

Subs: Scott, Olagunju, Mills, Taylor, Burgess, Hurst, Swan

I think that would be slightly harsh on Taylor. After a 5-1 win, I’m sure we’ll play the same team injuries permitting. It’s great that Manny is pushing, but he has not earned the right to walk straight back in. Looking forward to seeing Swan get a run out at some point. 

6 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I think that would be slightly harsh on Taylor. After a 5-1 win, I’m sure we’ll play the same team injuries permitting. It’s great that Manny is pushing, but he has not earned the right to walk straight back in. Looking forward to seeing Swan get a run out at some point. 

Yeah fair point, I was thinking Taylor would come on 2nd half and give us some energy:)

I was there when Rob Page stood in for Micky and L̶o̶f̶t̶ Lines I think scored a great free kick at their end. Did we win that 1-0 i can't remember much else

Won 1-0 they had a man sent off first half. Pope missed the penalty and we hit the woodwork a couple of times along with their keeper having a great game and they nearly pinched a point hitting the bar in injury time which would of been a travesty!

Other recent win was 2-1 in 2006 when Goodlad had a worldie as mentioned. Got battered but saw out the win.

Vaughan always scores, I’d take a point although last team we played on a long winning run we beat 6-3!

A good test of how improved we are with the majority of our squad available.

4 points from the next 3 ahead of Stevenage would be acceptable.

1 hour ago, TRFC1992 said:

The first 11 bar McDonald (LB) Khan (RB) and Lewis (CM) were at home against Posh, our second 11 played.

Felt it was a strange question.

If your lads are tired ,5 days after the previous game perhaps they are in the wrong profession. 

26 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Brown 

Monty Crookes Smith Gibbons

Manny Conlon Taylor 

Worrall Guthrie Rodney 

That would be my team if everyone is fit enough. I'll be chuffed if we manage a draw 

Looking at that team, and the team generally, it seems to me that Joyce's role makes it more of a 3-5-3.

Joyce being a deep lying midfielder/ centre back, with two attacking full/ wing backs.

A flat midfield three requires a different strategy.

Archived