onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Tranmere Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Injuries permitting it must be the same side, new manager in the dug-out? New signings on the bench? Tranmere having a shot at a quick return to L1 after a shaky start, their current run of 4 wins will mean a stiff test for the Vale. (Trophy game with Posh Tuesday may dampen their confidence) There are 8 match days in February but Vale have only 5 games having played the most games in L2, so not so demanding a schedule with a chance to stabilise, but this could be the hardest game of the 5. Settle for a 2-2 draw. Jolley recently signed from Wigan, hope he is not at the end of the game.

Advert

2 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Hardest game of the 5 ??????

We also have orient , Cambridge, newport and Stevenage

I’d say this is the hardest month on paper so far
Newport after leading haven’t won in 8 though and are just in the play offs

Cambridge are top

Baptism of fire for the new manager

Newport struggling at present, as we have.  Cambridge at home  end of the month expecting a draw.  We are playing fewer games with a new manager bounce, but as always a game at a time.

Frustrating, I could walk to this match without lockdown. Will be having a virtual pub drink with my Tranmere friends on Friday night. Setting aside individual mistakes I feel the team is going in the right direction again and I can see the long term direction of the owners. But to the facts, Tranmere are a strong physical side and that must be matched on a tight pitch with tight stands. Yes, Tranmere are sneaking up on the promotion places and have a lot of recent knowhow in that with back to back promotions. Their relegation last season left a lot of anger. Without the season ending through COVID-19 it is 90% likely they would not have been relegated. They were steadily climbing the table on a run.

Big ask with their form but then on the flip side the last side we played on a decent winning run we beat 6-3!

Of Gibbons and Monty start we have a chance but have to see how we set up with the new manager, hard to say what they will go with and guess one positive is neither will Keith Hill.

Oddly if it is Flitcroft then he meets the man he worked with at Bolton is his first game!

Take a draw here to be honest but would love to avenge that painful November afternoon and would hope the lads need no motivation here!

Tough run on paper but maybe not as it seems, Orient missing their top scorer and don’t think he’s likely to be back by Vale game and are inconsistent, Newport falling like a stone now a couple of loanees have been recalled such as Twine.

Hopefully win at least one of those 2.

I hated going Prenton Park...never saw us do anything ever. Last time I went I found a wonderful parking spot right close tot he ground, dropped in it and me and th'Lad walked in about 15 minutes before ko. Lost 2-0, could have been worse and got outside to find a parking ticket stuck on the windscreen...great finish to a pi$$ poor night! (I was so excited at finding this gem of a spot near the ground I failed to see the sign telling me it was permit holders only.....wondered why no-one had nabbed it......oh well ,every day's a school day!)

5 hours ago, ClntonBoulton said:

I hated going Prenton Park...never saw us do anything ever. Last time I went I found a wonderful parking spot right close tot he ground, dropped in it and me and th'Lad walked in about 15 minutes before ko. Lost 2-0, could have been worse and got outside to find a parking ticket stuck on the windscreen...great finish to a pi$$ poor night! (I was so excited at finding this gem of a spot near the ground I failed to see the sign telling me it was permit holders only.....wondered why no-one had nabbed it......oh well ,every day's a school day!)

My memory isn't great but pretty sure we did OK away there in the 80's and 90's.

5 minutes ago, southport vale said:

I've been loads of times can't really remember us doing well there. As I recall we lost there and won at Vale Park. In fact the last time I went there got away quite quick but came across a youth swinging a machete. Glad to get out that day.

I’ve been a few times, remember one time we got back to the coach to find all the tyres let down.

9 hours ago, southport vale said:

I've been loads of times can't really remember us doing well there. As I recall we lost there and won at Vale Park. In fact the last time I went there got away quite quick but came across a youth swinging a machete. Glad to get out that day.

Probably on his way home from Anfield. 

Archived