onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thank you Danny Pugh

Iron Curtain

why did he have to say publicly he doesn’t want the job? The players might actually give a damn if they think they’re playing for someone who could decide their future. It’s so amateurish. I get talking to Carol behind closed doors about it, but the fans are waiting now and wondering why it’s taking so bloody long to get someone in when we’re dropping like a stone.

Advert

14 minutes ago, the valiant said:

Anyone who keeps picking Mills needs to go and fast 

Don’t get me wrong, Crookes is <ovf censored>, but he can’t be any worse out of position than Mills. I hate to <ovf censored> on a guy but come on we’re trying to stay in the league here let’s stop pandering and drop the constant <ovf censored> ups.

26 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

See ya nice chap but we do not need a nice chap we need a man motivator ,a bastard we played like how you talk today ,let's talk a good game but deliver nowt ,we too nicey nice and thats not going get us anyway other than national league. O

Have thought similar, but I just wonder if Carol could/would employ, work with and get on with "a bastard" of a manager - i.e. someone that would rant, rave, swear, ruffle feathers in the squad and put them in their place where required.

Or is she looking for/preferring someone that is a nice guy who gets on with people? - a la Askey / Pugh

Anyone who picks that back four again  needs to go through the door that is not a sunday league defence never mind a football league one.

Pugh has been the constant during the reign of both Aspin and Askey. I struggle to understand why anyone would think he’d suddenly developed the skills to be a league standard manager. His experience is being a coach for 2 failed managers 🤷‍♀️

4 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Have thought similar, but I just wonder if Carol could/would employ, work with and get on with "a bastard" of a manager - i.e. someone that would rant, rave, swear, ruffle feathers in the squad and put them in their place where required.

Or is she looking for/preferring someone that is a nice guy who gets on with people? - a la Askey / Pugh

My boss is hard faced rubs lots of people up the wrong way and is generally disliked as he doesn't fit the' yes man ' narrative lots of people crave. 

He's possibly in 30 years of work , the best boss I've ever had. Those who are in close working relationship with him know that he gets things done and ruffles feathers. Because of this more and more people have grown to respect him though not necessarily liking him. 

We don't want a yes man at the Vale we want somebody to instill a winning ethos and change the whole downward spiral we have been in for about 5 years at least. 

I'd like to think that our board are streetwise enough to know that we don't want a puppet , we want tangible improvement and hope.

And if the new manager is a horrible git so be it, as others have said it's tiring becoming the team who has our belly tickled 

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

My boss is hard faced rubs lots of people up the wrong way and is generally disliked as he doesn't fit the' yes man ' narrative lots of people crave. 

He's possibly in 30 years of work , the best boss I've ever had. Those who are in close working relationship with him know that he gets things done and ruffles feathers. Because of this more and more people have grown to respect him though not necessarily liking him. 

We don't want a yes man at the Vale we want somebody to instill a winning ethos and change the whole downward spiral we have been in for about 5 years at least. 

I'd like to think that our board are streetwise enough to know that we don't want a puppet , we want tangible improvement and hope.

And if the new manager is a horrible git so be it, as others have said it's tiring becoming the team who has our belly tickled 

You've just described Micky Adams there, and the impact he had when he first came to Vale!

....not for one minute that I'm saying we should appoint him - but that type of character could be what is required?

As per my previous point though, could anyone imagine Carol appointing/working with someone like Micky Adams?!

I think she just wants someone that will win games.

She's a fan like us remember.

This notion that she's some sort of soft touch is ridiculous. Trust me, you don't build a hugely successful business by being 'nice'.

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

I think she just wants someone that will win games.

She's a fan like us remember.

This notion that she's some sort of soft touch is ridiculous. Trust me, you don't build a hugely successful business by being 'nice'.

You're probably right - I certainly hope so anyway.

She has made plenty of comments though about what nice guys Askey and Pugh are, and how they get on with people and are liked. I hope that isn't an influencing facet when selecting a new manager.

10 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

You've just described Micky Adams there, and the impact he had when he first came to Vale!

....not for one minute that I'm saying we should appoint him - but that type of character could be what is required?

As per my previous point though, could anyone imagine Carol appointing/working with someone like Micky Adams?!

The mard arse players wouldn't put up with Micky Adams nowadays.Too many are stealing a wage in these difficult times.They're bloody lucky to be playing.Too many think they're celebrities. 

Slate all you want but i don’t hear enough voices when watching on ifollow. smith isn’t the most vocal, crookes very quiet and so is mills and and monty, the one player who bosses our back line was legge and he can’t get a look in so why did we get a 19 year old academy player in jan? we should’ve signed an experienced cb if legge wasn’t aloud to play. personally i’d swap manny with joyce next game, manny seems a mor stronger and composed player than joycey. felt for guthrie having to fight against 2 big Defenders today and even when he did win his aerial battle he had a player in devante that couldn’t be bothered to run off him for the flick on! we need to start getting in teams faces and start showing some fight and a player like popey and legge can install that in this squad. whatever the problem is whether it’s fallout or contractual just get it sorted, surely the cost of relegation is going to cost more than an apology or the cost of a clause being taken out of a contract. this team needs belief and passions and only a few players show that. conlon, legge, pope, smith, brown 

38 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Micky Adams would show her respect, but he’d  still get the job done. They don’t make too many like him anymore. 

It doesn't matter if they are a nice person or not. Being nasty doesnt make a manager a good manager. Shouting loudly at a player won't make them any better. If they're crap they're crap. 

Im not bothered if our manager is nice or not, as long as they get the best out of the players and make good signings e.t.c. 

Archived