onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thank you Danny Pugh

Iron Curtain

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Oh dear... another poster who feels they can criticise and comment with total freedom but when anyone criticises  their posts they get all sad.

I will be more delicate in future.

Your opinion matters.

Nope not at all. Every time I post you ignore the post (like the whole of the post you have quoted) and just say anger issues. Now even comments such as queer. Just embarrassing. 

More than happy to have debates about the football. My opinion and all matters vale. However you don’t. You don’t mention football and if you do it’s a passing comment. 

Advert

16 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Nope not at all. Every time I post you ignore the post (like the whole of the post you have quoted) and just say anger issues. Now even comments such as queer. Just embarrassing. 

You might just want to be careful around assuming a negative connotation to words. 

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/there's_nowt_so_queer_as_folk

Instantly assuming I meant the other meaning of the word and then on top of that to take that as a negative would be an offensive thing to do to a community of people.

One to move on from I would suggest.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

You might just want to be careful around assuming a negative connotation to words. 

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/there's_nowt_so_queer_as_folk

Instantly assuming I meant the other meaning of the word and then on top of that to take that as a negative would be an offensive thing to do to a community of people.

One to move on from I would suggest.

I would suggest not using words such as queer.

25 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I would suggest not using words such as queer.

Your suggestion and view that it’s a negative adjective is noted.

Feels like a backwards step for a community of people who have fought to remove the negative connotations from a word they use... especially when it’s used in a different context with a different meaning. For us to jump to the conclusion it was used as an insult with a different meaning is a shame.

Maybe I’m woke. Who knows?

Just to step in here.

The phrase "nowt as queer as folk" uses the word queer to mean strange or odd.

It's explained in this link - http://www.familyhistoryresearchengland.co.uk/blog/theres-nowt-so-queer-as-folk#:~:text=Many of you will know,nothing as strange as people. 

Of course, I would disapprove strongly if someone came on OVF and posted in a discriminating way or made fun of specific groups or individuals but I don't think this is the case here.

I hope this clears this misunderstanding up.

However, if you ever do feel another poster has broken any rules do contact the team and we will look into the matter ASAP.

Thanks,

Rob

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I love stuff like this... 2 posters on the very upper end of vitriolic apoplectic anger at Askey demanding he be sacked. The thought of him being anywhere near the team seemed such a terrible concept they would spend hours bashing away at their keyboards about how he 100% would take us down. 

Now however, they claim that they think he would have won those 2 games despite the face that we had played the team in 23rd a few times this season and failed to win.

Nowt as queer as folk! 

When is team is on a downward spiral like we were it’s very hard to pull out of... Danny did a cracking job and should be very proud!

You're a bit of a strange one really, aren't you?

Askey's time was done, that's a fact, and in the end Carol agreed which is why he was sacked. But if he wasn't we wouldn't have gone the whole season losing every game, and you would have to be an absolute bell end to think we would. So, at Vale Park, I would have fancied our chances of beating two absolutely abysmal sides in Grimsby and Southend even under John.

You can actually say Pugh has done alright without also wanting his nuts in your mouth.

Just to step in here.
The phrase "nowt as queer as folk" uses the word queer to mean strange or odd.
It's explained in this link - http://www.familyhistoryresearchengland.co.uk/blog/theres-nowt-so-queer-as-folk#:~:text=Many of you will know,nothing as strange as people. 
Of course, I would disapprove strongly if someone came on OVF and posted in a discriminating way or made fun of specific groups or individuals but I don't think this is the case here.
I hope this clears this misunderstanding up.
However, if you ever do feel another poster has broken any rules do contact the team and we will look into the matter ASAP.
Thanks,
Rob
Off topic i know but perhaps relebant to your post. Are we ok making fun of Stoke fans Rob ?

I'm not getting into personal spats on here life's too short. 

But personally I agree that even with JA we beat Grimsby and Southend. 

That's taking nothing from Danny Pugh as he's done a sterling job. 

Can't argue that they are two horrendous sides, take a look at their goal difference compared to everyone else. Still you can only beat what's in front of you. 

Thank you for standing in during a turbulent period on the pitch and personally with having covid. 

Let's not be blinkered the right decision is to get a manager in and if Pugh is part of that process all well and good if not sadly it's the harsh reality of football. It's ruthless. 

Well done Danny and good to see you back on track health wise . 

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

You're a bit of a strange one really, aren't you?

Askey's time was done, that's a fact, and in the end Carol agreed which is why he was sacked. But if he wasn't we wouldn't have gone the whole season losing every game, and you would have to be an absolute bell end to think we would. So, at Vale Park, I would have fancied our chances of beating two absolutely abysmal sides in Grimsby and Southend even under John.

You can actually say Pugh has done alright without also wanting his nuts in your mouth.

Yes fair cop, looking back you did make some comments that indicated you thought Askey would have got some points including “I'd have more faith inAskey  than Danny <ovf censored> Pugh”

My bad.

Christ. We beat two sides at Vale Park Portly Vale would have given a game to and put in a dog <ovf censored> performance away to Forest Green in which we somehow scrambled a draw. He's done fine, sure, but some people are acting as if he's the League Two manager of the year suddenly or something.

12 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Christ. We beat two sides at Vale Park Portly Vale would have given a game to and put in a dog <ovf censored> performance away to Forest Green in which we somehow scrambled a draw.

If you look at the stats for that game they don't match your description.

26 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Christ. We beat two sides at Vale Park Portly Vale would have given a game to and put in a dog <ovf censored> performance away to Forest Green in which we somehow scrambled a draw. He's done fine, sure, but some people are acting as if he's the League Two manager of the year suddenly or something.

Can you point to someone on this thread who has genuinely acted like he is league 2 manager of the year?

It’s a thread of people saying thank you and saying he has done what was asked and worked his arse off for the club. 

This feels like another over reaction.

Archived