onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Thank you Danny Pugh

Iron Curtain

28 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Did help playing two none league bound sides in that time to be fair. I think even us under Askey would have beat Grimsby and Southend pretty convincingly. But he's done his job and seems to be well liked at the club, so I'm sure he can stay on as a coach under the new gaffer.

Don't know why people keep mentioning the point away to FGR though like it was some amazing feat. We were absolutely rotten performance wise and stole a result.

You have deep deep issues lad 😂😂

Advert

41 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Don't know why people keep mentioning the point away to FGR though like it was some amazing feat. We were absolutely rotten performance wise and stole a result.

I don’t get this. If we pinch a point in a game like that we are crap. If some team like Scunthorpe or Orient rob us it’s also because we’re crap??

9 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don’t get this. If we pinch a point in a game like that we are crap. If some team like Scunthorpe or Orient rob us it’s also because we’re crap??

What's not to get?  In all honesty, at this point in time we are in fact crap.  JA would've still been in a job were it not so.  OK, every man and his dog can see that there are reasons for this.  For me we've needed our big players back, and performing at something like a decent level, without making simple mistakes.  For some there are other reasons, but whatever, the league table doesn't lie, and if the teams around us win their games in hand we won't be in a great position.  The next couple of weeks will be interesting on that score.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

What’s not to get? We were crap at forest green... look well done pugh, 7 out of 9 is very good but we were awful at Sunderland and poor at forest green. We’ve beaten two non league sides which I think we would under askey. He’s done what he needed to and probably as well as he could have done. It’s the right decision to get someone in from outside the club. Maybe Pugh will be the next appointment however the post you quoted is 100% spot on. 

6 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

What’s not to get? We were crap at forest green... look well done pugh, 7 out of 9 is very good but we were awful at Sunderland and poor at forest green. We’ve beaten two non league sides which I think we would under askey. He’s done what he needed to and probably as well as he could have done. It’s the right decision to get someone in from outside the club. Maybe Pugh will be the next appointment however the post you quoted is 100% spot on. 

I love stuff like this... 2 posters on the very upper end of vitriolic apoplectic anger at Askey demanding he be sacked. The thought of him being anywhere near the team seemed such a terrible concept they would spend hours bashing away at their keyboards about how he 100% would take us down. 

Now however, they claim that they think he would have won those 2 games despite the face that we had played the team in 23rd a few times this season and failed to win.

Nowt as queer as folk! 

When is team is on a downward spiral like we were it’s very hard to pull out of... Danny did a cracking job and should be very proud!

2 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I only hope the new guy doesn't come in, stir things up and then leave for a better offer after releasing some of our prospects because they don't fit his ideas.

If he does leave for a better offer it means he will have earned it by doing good things with us... so that will be nice for a bit!

Im not sure where the fear comes from that he will release out best players because they don’t fit his ideas. I wouldn’t put that at the top of your worry list.

Danny has done well. 2 wins in 5 league games and the two we lost he was absent, also respect the fact he feels he isn’t fully there yet and hasn’t applied.

Hopefully he gets kept on, learns more under a more experienced manager and maybe 2-3 years down the line will be the right man to take over the top job permanently.

Feel he has improved his reputation with this spell.

7 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

We were not crap though IMHO we matched them and battled till the end. The kind of performance that would of got us some of the points we had previously lost. 

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I love stuff like this... 2 posters on the very upper end of vitriolic apoplectic anger at Askey demanding he be sacked. The thought of him being anywhere near the team seemed such a terrible concept they would spend hours bashing away at their keyboards about how he 100% would take us down. 

Now however, they claim that they think he would have won those 2 games despite the face that we had played the team in 23rd a few times this season and failed to win.

Nowt as queer as folk! 

When is team is on a downward spiral like we were it’s very hard to pull out of... Danny did a cracking job and should be very proud!

I’m getting really sick of your posts. Every single time I post you quote that I apparently have anger issues. Stating that askey needed to be sacked after numerous losses is not anger issues. Hours bashing away at their keyboards? Speak for yourself. It’s match day. We’re in lockdown. What else is there to do? I’d place a bet that you post on here much more than me. Also I never ‘demanded’ he be sacked. Your making things up again. 

Looking at how bad both Southend and Grimsby were I think we would have beat them with askey. What’s there combined goal difference -52? That’s not to say I don’t think Pugh has done well (I literally put that in my post but you conveniently ignored it as per usual). 

It is tough hence why if you look through the match thread at what i posted you will see that I have praised the team and said I couldn’t have been happier with the performance  

Pugh has done well. (As I said) but i also think it was probably what was expected of him? To beat the two bottom sides I’d expect us to do under any manager. 

Queer? Embarrassing. Next time you quote me. Actually read the whole post instead of conveniently leaving out parts. 

39 minutes ago, mbycars said:

We were not crap though IMHO we matched them and battled till the end. The kind of performance that would of got us some of the points we had previously lost. 

Yeah we did battle I will give you that and in the end it was a very good point. First half though we were awful and it could have been game over at half time 

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

If he does leave for a better offer it means he will have earned it by doing good things with us... so that will be nice for a bit!

Im not sure where the fear comes from that he will release out best players because they don’t fit his ideas. I wouldn’t put that at the top of your worry list.

I didn't mean our current best players, I meant the ones we have been nurturing and developing for years. We have seen it before with new managers. He will want to make his mark by making changes, but I know from experience that change for changes sake isn't always a good thing.

Also I have seen managers, come in, do reasonably well with the previous managers hard work but then bail out when they realise that it isn't going so well before anyone else notices.

39 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’m getting really sick of your posts. Every single time I post you quote that I apparently have anger issues. Stating that askey needed to be sacked after numerous losses is not anger issues. Hours bashing away at their keyboards? Speak for yourself. It’s match day. We’re in lockdown. What else is there to do? I’d place a bet that you post on here much more than me. Also I never ‘demanded’ he be sacked. Your making things up again. 

Looking at how bad both Southend and Grimsby were I think we would have beat them with askey. What’s there combined goal difference -52? That’s not to say I don’t think Pugh has done well (I literally put that in my post but you conveniently ignored it as per usual). 

It is tough hence why if you look through the match thread at what i posted you will see that I have praised the team and said I couldn’t have been happier with the performance  

Pugh has done well. (As I said) but i also think it was probably what was expected of him? To beat the two bottom sides I’d expect us to do under any manager. 

Queer? Embarrassing. Next time you quote me. Actually read the whole post instead of conveniently leaving out parts. 

Oh dear... another poster who feels they can criticise and comment with total freedom but when anyone criticises  their posts they get all sad.

I will be more delicate in future.

Your opinion matters.

Archived