onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sentinel: Vale in talks with potential managers as owner reveals criteria

News Feed

Advert

It's a good article and gives some reassurance. I think the points made are fair enough - that there's no point rushing into an appointment. It's unfortunate that any new manager will be in when the window is closed but this is a huge appointment and it's critical that the club get it right. So fair enough that there's set criteria and the club are taking their time.

That's a very promising and sensible article...as you would expect from our owners. It's fairly clear Danny Pugh would have held the position if results hade been better. So, we have lost this window for the new man. But, it's good that Carol will be looking for the kind of footballing philosophy that most of us want: attractive football and developing young talent. And new guy will be in place to be able to assess the squad before the close season. 

I expect she will attract further criticism for also wanting the club to have a strong role in the community - personally, I think this should be applauded and welcomed. It's often said that towns/cities have to look after their football clubs because they are the heart of their communities...which is spot-on, and why our club should be doing what they have been doing, It cannot be detrimental to the playing side, in any way, shape or form...but, might attract future fans. 

To me, that's an optimistic message, and I would hope there is sufficient strength in the squad to finish somewhere near mid-table, at worst, with the influx of new ideas from the new manager?

39 minutes ago, robf said:

It's a good article and gives some reassurance. I think the points made are fair enough - that there's no point rushing into an appointment. It's unfortunate that any new manager will be in when the window is closed but this is a huge appointment and it's critical that the club get it right. So fair enough that there's set criteria and the club are taking their time.

This would be fair enough if we weren't in a relegation battle. We have won just two games in the last 17, stand at 22nd in the league form table over the same number of games, and played more matches than any other club in L2. Once the other clubs fighting to stave off relegation have played their games in hand, the odds are it will look even worse.

At the moment, it looks like Grimsby and the Vale for the drop and I've seen nothing to suggest that the current management pairing will be able to stop the rot.

So, for me, we have to bring in a manager with a proven track record in the lower leagues or we will be dicing with the future of the club.

And we have to do it now.

18 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

That's a very promising and sensible article...as you would expect from our owners. It's fairly clear Danny Pugh would have held the position if results hade been better. So, we have lost this window for the new man. But, it's good that Carol will be looking for the kind of footballing philosophy that most of us want: attractive football and developing young talent. And new guy will be in place to be able to assess the squad before the close season. 

I expect she will attract further criticism for also wanting the club to have a strong role in the community - personally, I think this should be applauded and welcomed. It's often said that towns/cities have to look after their football clubs because they are the heart of their communities...which is spot-on, and why our club should be doing what they have been doing, It cannot be detrimental to the playing side, in any way, shape or form...but, might attract future fans. 

To me, that's an optimistic message, and I would hope there is sufficient strength in the squad to finish somewhere near mid-table, at worst, with the influx of new ideas from the new manager?

I think the main thing with the community side is the best way to help Burslem is to have a successful football team.

Archived