onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

Advert

Cracking win against an awful side who were very poor and spent most of the game trying to foul than actually play!

Looked much better and expected with the injuries clearing up and our better players back.

Great goal from Dave gives us the perfect start and pretty much kills Southend mentally. We didn’t actually create the chances the score line suggests but were fairly clinical, Guthrie unlucky with his shot on the turn that squirmed under the keeper but not enough to go in.

Guthrie I though struggled a bit, touch was poor but looks like he needs a goal for confidence.

Rodney superb, very calm for his second goal.

Referee was crap, against Tranmere he was giving everything and waving cards today he was pretty lax and let them get away with a lot.

Frustrated to concede although a stunner, chuffed for Manny to score. Crookes solid as was Smudge.

Was convinced we’d go down after Tuesday but seeing Grimsby and Southend has given me hope! That said hoping we improve results now and can keep players fit. Glad Monty is cramp.

People moan second half but was perfect on that pitch to rest players and five minutes to others and didn’t want to do what we did at Bolton and get sloppy and concede a couple.

4 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Wonder if he could be off. He always looks frustrated when he's playing and doesn't want to be here. Plays like it as well 

Could be him and Legge as Pugh was very cagy when asked about them during his interview... would you really go with no back up striker on the bench

2 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

I hope rodney doesnt score again this season because if he keeps going people are going to be sniffin around him

Sadly thats the idea but luckily we were clever enough to give him a 3yr deal so plenty of time to build his value.

Funny thing is many on here were saying how he was a non league player at the start no control etc... funny how opinions change

Enjoyed that well done the Vale today ,Gibbons and Montano make the difference and great see Rodney scoring twice and playing so well today ,a fitting tribute to all them wonderful players and supporters we have lost this year .

Thank you for that and welldone Danny pugh and F Sinclair in getting a fully committed display from the lads today bar one wonder goal from them looked solid and that's what we want UTV .

A special mention to Kurtis Guthrie led the line superbly hope you net soon but your a team player and that's what it's about. 

Oyeleke great see you net aswell a nice goal that I thinktheres morecome from you .

Joyce terrific today that's more like it .

Well done all 

UTV 

7 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Enjoy watching Conlon's ball control, but for how long? Should earn us a bit.

Yes, control excellent and what amazes me is how he manages to hold off much bigger opponents.

And to think that he was a Stevenage reject...

Just hope we can hold onto him because he could be the lynchpin for us who helps us to achieve our owners' ambitions.

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

When he leaves down the line I have a feeling Rodney will bring us our first 6 figure fee for a long time.

Maybe more tbh...watters left crawley for around 1m after half a season of goals,now for me Rodney has more to his game,pace,power and goals a valuable asset to have

Job done today- well done lads. I'll be really surprised if anyone finishes below Southend and Grimsby. That comfortable win really takes the pressure off us. 

The new manager will have been impressed with the first half display. Pacy full backs makes such a difference. Sad to see Monty limp out again. 

UTV!

19 minutes ago, Mario said:

heart in my mouth with some of the challenges in the 2nd half, thought the ref should have stepped in

It felt like he was being charitable to them, like it was an FA cup tie. One or two of their players were flying into tackles late because, to be blunt, they weren't League Two standard and they probably couldn't get there any earlier.

I did wonder if he needed to get the yellow out just to calm their lot down and prevent the next mistimed tackle ending up in a red card or a 22 man brawl.

Archived