Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Yeah he was class giving the ball away every time he got it. Looked mint!
Gave it away more than the others because they all couldn't get hold of it.

Advert:

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Phil B Phil, these comments come every week from a wide range of people. Sproson annoys the fans week in week out. Someone on RS needs to man up and admit on air why you let an incredibly biased

Just thought that Sproson comes across like a football dad who only wants to support his own kid during a game

Having someone on commentary who is the agent for some of the players makes the points completely biased and stupid

Posted Images

I think the record with Joyce in the team speaks for itself. Cant believe he is being hunted after last night. So many more inept, awful, disgraceful performances. Really weird in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Walter said:

I think the record with Joyce in the team speaks for itself. Cant believe he is being hunted after last night. So many more inept, awful, disgraceful performances. Really weird in my opinion.

Im not just going off last night hes been awful for months

• Like 1

reckon we’ll win this saturday, southend don’t seem to have a big target man and the last 2 games our back four have struggled with the 2 big units. they like to overplay aswell so hopefully the longer the game goes on that they haven’t scored we can get a bit of confidence back. let’s not concede early lads please! 

Advert:

4 hours ago, geoff1 said:

read carols press release!

Finally been able to read the article and encouraging news.  Hopefully the article will be read by the players and coaches and encourage them to play at the level they were at the start of the season.  The fans will be encouraged that the process of appointing a manager is happening and will happen in due course.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Yeah he was class giving the ball away every time he got it. Looked mint!

Joyce replaced Taylor. You obviously dont like Joyce.

What did you honestly think of Taylor last night 

I thought Joyce did very well when he come on tues as did Gibbons and even Amoo who was used as a striker did ok ,the 3 subs improved us to get a 0-0 second half .

So 3 days until the game and if I was manager I'd be going through a few things with the strikers and the final ball in which in general was not up to the standard we needed it be v Scunthorpe ,so if we have 20 crosses going in I want see our striker anticipating that it might be going near post and not far and get in there and score ,as for dead balls it's not good just floating them in  do the free kick used by Liverpool v Crystal palace semi final years ago think Crystal palace won 4-3 where one of the teams just slid it down the side and created a goal from it instead of putting into the box where too many of our players do not have the guts get in there ,I'd play Legge up front with Guthrie if I could as that lad always pops a very good header in lately his mate Smith has not even being getting anywhere near a Conlon dead ball or Worrall corner i bet you Legge would have .

Anyway big game and you do not score unless you believe you can do we have a striker who believes he can and do we have the guts to not give away yet more sloppy goals I mean last two league games we have had 3 on target shots from Walsall and Scunthorpe and 5 goals conceded it's like the opposition are being given gifts ,and watching on ifollow both games and seen that occur has been hugely disappointing. 

So as for team can we afford not start with Gibbons I think we need start with him but obviously we do not want to rush him back and he be injured as he is a tremendous player .

Montano comes back in immediately no doubt about it for me another player who can influence our performance with his go for it excellence and sometimes comedy value but generally love the bloke as you can see he wants win and so do we Monty lad so do we .

Centre halfs Brisley your distribution is terrible just whacking it up the field generally to no one for someone as experienced as you calm the hell down and pass it to someone in black and white .

Smith buck up or go away ,sick of your incompetence, you wouldnt be in my team ever but you be in pughs team  no doubt ,stop making mistakes and play to the level you need play at ,I've seen you do it against Coventry years ago and on some other occasions, shut me up prove to me your the man.

Worrall get down that line and cross to a Vale player ,believe in yourself ,score ,create do what you have shown on many occasions excellence and do extra crossing in training from all angles and work on putting that ball in or balls that our strikers  if they miss their headers and put  them wide only themselves to blame for not putting them away .

Brown if selected get off your line dominate you box and go onto that pitch with the attitude that nothing is getting past me today because lets face it Scott too much as gone past you .

I will continue this later me porridge is getting cold 

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
  • Like 2

Advert:

Desperate times mean desperate measures..defensive strategy and hopefully pinch a goal?
That's exactly how we were set up at the start of the season and people were moaning their bags off because we weren't creating many chances even though we were picking up points

If we can prove we're better than Southend it'll be them and Grimsby for the drop. 

Fail to do that though and we could find ourselves in deep water. 

2 0 Vale I say! 

• Like 2

Joyce win that ball every 50 /50 be the man play the ball intelligently in behind the opposition full backs ,your going be in my team sat as Taylor has not set the world on fire ,yet he will in time but we need experience now and I think your second half display v Scunthorpe offered me hope that you getting back to your best .

Conlon make sure you continue what you doing in general play just work on them dead balls more I'm expecting some assists and goals from you in coming weeks .

Hurst or Amoo not really bothered which one of you get the role on the other side as you both capable of producing so produce ,if it's you Amoo do not always pass back drive past your man and get a goal which will increase your confidence and hopefully then we will see the real David Amoo the one who is a massive asset to the club ,I have no idea what's gone on but you do not seem half as hungry as what you need be, as for young Hursty get down that line and whip that ball in for Guthrie to get on the end off your final ball needs working but other than that I feel you are doing extremely well for a newcomer .

Oyeleke we need someone to drive forwards and take out some of the oppositions players to create space for our other players I'm giving you the free role as I think there is something there, I want it still it be a kind of 4_4-2 system though but i think you could be the key to putting Guthrie through on goal then it's up to him ,welcome back stay injury free now .

Guthrie plenty of endeavour so far in what I've seen of you in the last two games and in general play not bad performances however you are there score goals so I hope you believe that you can ,you need to gamble if someone's putting a cross in and usually its snuffed out you got somehow get across your marker and bury it and you will never score if you always got your back to goal make them runs Oyeleke is well capable of putting you in then it up to you .

So that's my team UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner

Joyce win that ball every 50 /50 be the man play the ball intelligently in behind the opposition full backs

You're an eternal optimist VFIA, I'll give you that.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

You're an eternal optimist VFIA, I'll give you that. emoji23.png

With doing the basics Port Vale have players capable of winning games you do not score 6 away if you do not have the capability to do that ,I believe if the confidence of players rises they are capable of 10 wins in a row in this league however at present ,and since the kings Lynn debacle we have had so many poor giveaway goals (gifts )given to the opposition in most games I've watched them it's being absolutely ridiculous and yet the players who have being mainly responsible keep being picked ,either in my opinion that's a deliberate ploy to relegate us I have no idea what I do know is that they have angered many supporters with the manner of the defeats and rightly so we hardly going give a standing ovation to a team who twice managed be 3-2 up in games to lose 4-3 against teams who I'd describe as average at best .

That's history now we cannot look back we need every person who's putting that shirt on have Vale in   there hearts if they have not then they should be removed from the team the club with immediate effect .

UTV 

• Like 2

Advert:

We will win this. Southend are appalling. I don’t think we are going to be relegated, we are capable of enough, it will be like the dire Aspin/Askey first season, no wins for ages but will do enough. 

The real question is how we get out of this dire decline? It isn’t going to be cheap. 

I agree with the idea of taking some 0-0s in a 532 just to stop the haemorrhaging, but since it’s Southend <ovf censored> it just go for it and win 6-5.

43 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We will win this. Southend are appalling. I don’t think we are going to be relegated, we are capable of enough, it will be like the dire Aspin/Askey first season, no wins for ages but will do enough. 

The real question is how we get out of this dire decline? It isn’t going to be cheap. 

There have been recent times where you could look at the  squad and not see one valuable asset. That’s not the case at the minute, we have a few decent but underperforming players who can still be fantastic in the right set up managerially and formation wise. A lot of the trash are on short term contracts and the players I would personally keep are signed beyond this year.