onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

6 hours ago, hamilboy said:

Does anyone agree with me that fitness willing that manny is made for the Joyce roll in the vale team.He is by far a better passer of the ball much better in the air and much stronger on the ball  he would allow the other two midfielders to push further up the pitch and get the vale on the front foot in matches.

Depends on what Joyce's role is. If it's to play like Ray Walker yes. Joyce's strength is dropping into the areas left vacant by fullbacks getting forward. When Manny covered for Joyce in one game this season Manny didn't do this well. Joyce is a very limited and one dimensional player which is why nearly all his 500 plus games have been in league 2. He's played so many games because if you want someone to play Joyce's best role he is very good at it. He stops Gibbo, Clark and Montano looking liabilities when they bomb on. 

Advert

29 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Watch it you!  I must admit I find her very boring to listen to.  She'd make an excellent funeral director.

LOL.. Forgot about you....Sorry. Theres always exceptions of course, you, the missus ....That should cover it !

7 hours ago, Warren said:

Couldn't watch this because of getting a COVID-19 jab. But obviously very pleased we won this relegation battle. That's where we are until we get back to level wins and losses and therefore significantly climb the table. Job 1 is to cut out individual errors. Job 2 become defensively rock solid. Job 3 is to win games against teams with equivalent squad strengths 1-0. Job 4 is to survive pressure at the end of the second half, break away and win 2-0. Have it v the beautiful game doesn't matter; just be effective.

Hope all went well with your jab Warren. 👍

7 hours ago, Mario said:

Sproson audibly sighed when Taylor was taken off, I don't want agents of players passing comments that are so biased towards their own.

Agree as well about Blakeman and Smith, Denis is ok but Angela what a suppercillious lady she is, typical woman .....never wrong and knows it all. 

On the Sproson theme, hope the club and the new manager look further afield for new recruits than Sproson.

Why is everyone so over sensitive about a radio pundit?  Cut the guy some slack.  Live and let live.  The guy is a true Vale legend.  I'm betting a lot of the moaners never saw him play.  Anyway, how can you prove it was a sigh?  For all we know it could've been a very soft fart, slightly throttled for the radio.

2 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Why is everyone so over sensitive about a radio pundit?  Cut the guy some slack.  Live and let live.  The guy is a true Vale legend.  I'm betting a lot of the moaners never saw him play.  Anyway, how can you prove it was a sigh?  For all we know it could've been a very soft fart, slightly throttled for the radio.

He's not a true Vale legend in my eyes, he was just a good centre half.

26 minutes ago, Mario said:

He's not a true Vale legend in my eyes, he was just a good centre half.

Really?

Around 500 games, was it?

Very decent goalscoring record for a centre-back (one of them obviously being a 'legendary' goal v Spurs).

2 promotions (plus half of another promotion season, before injury cut it short)

Captain for a long time - including (I think) both of those promotion seasons.

Voted into the Division Team Of The Season at least once (maybe more, can't remember).

Definitely a Vale legend in my eyes, and undoubtedly a Vale man through-and-through (irrespective of his radio bias towards his clients).

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Really?

Around 500 games, was it?

Very decent goalscoring record for a centre-back (one of them obviously being a 'legendary' goal v Spurs).

2 promotions (plus half of another promotion season, before injury cut it short)

Captain for a long time - including (I think) both of those promotion seasons.

Voted into the Division Team Of The Season at least once (maybe more, can't remember).

Definitely a Vale legend in my eyes, and undoubtedly a Vale man through-and-through (irrespective of his radio bias towards his clients).

Dont deny he was a very good player he played around 430 games, was half the player his uncle was who never left club, he's in the same bracket as Glover Aspin and Cheadle, legend is spread about too easily for me.

Pope is the only player Iv'e seen who could be described as a legend.

Captain, Goals kept us in the football league and Vale through and through.

Archived