onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

53 minutes ago, Doha said:

Couldn't watch it, just seen the highlights. Brilliant close control from Rodney for the 4th. 

Good hit fom nowhere for the first, at least it looked that way in real time.

I don't think Sproson is deliberately biased.  Just subconsciously maybe. Having watched on ifollow while listening to the RS commentary for a few years. they give certain players a free pass and get right stuck into others. Sometimes wonder if they get it from social media, a lot of people of which only listen to RS so it becomes a viscous circle.

Advert

17 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I see this exact same post every week from different people, but why do we always do the same useless long ball kick off? 

So that it puts the opposition on the back foot straight away and keeps them penned into their half. Don’t want to go backwards from the kick off to our defenders, try to play keep ball and possibly put ourselves under unnecessary pressure so early. 

So that it puts the opposition on the back foot straight away and keeps them penned into their half. Don’t want to go backwards from the kick off to our defenders, try to play keep ball and possibly put ourselves under unnecessary pressure so early. 
Don't most teams do it now?

Does anyone agree with me that fitness willing that manny is made for the Joyce roll in the vale team.He is by far a better passer of the ball much better in the air and much stronger on the ball  he would allow the other two midfielders to push further up the pitch and get the vale on the front foot in matches.

9 hours ago, Doha said:

@Phil B

Phil, these comments come every week from a wide range of people. Sproson annoys the fans week in week out. Someone on RS needs to man up and admit on air why you let an incredibly biased, transparent football agent commentate on a team featuring several players who pay him an annual percentage for representation. His bias is painfully clear. 

It really is getting a bit blown out of proportion for me all this is 

9 hours ago, Joe B said:

Cullen not on the bench, with no other forwards on the bench and with Rodney recently back from injury, would suggest he's going.

'Competition for places', Pugh said, but Cullen is 1 of 3 fit strikers and didn't make the 18.

McKirdy, Whitehead, Robinson, Legge, and Cullen - there's a fair bit of wages not even making the bench today.

I’d guess / hope we’re in for another forward? With Robinson and Cullen potentially on his way and pope out for a while we need someone else, unless they give Bailey a go? Especially if they do go two up top

Brown 6 quiet game no real chance with wonder goal .

Gibbons 8 love his positivity he never shirks out of anything ,big part of a 4-0 interval lead 

Smith 8 

Crookes 8 

Montano 7

Worrall 7 

Joyce 8 

Taylor 7 

Conlon 7 

Guthrie 9 star man was constant thorn in there side held the ball up did everything well ,shame he didnt score but the goals will come 

Rodney 8 two fine goals he set up Oyelekes goal too ,think the lad can fetch the Vale a fair few million scores all kinds of goals 

Subs all committed but game was won in first half second half was a non event as Southend were playing for pride .

All in all a fitting tribute to the fans and players who have died this month .

I've said that for ages. Some shot it down as they'd never seen him play there so apparently couldn't play that role but he won player of the season in that role with Shot. In FM terms, Joyce is a DM (defend), and an average one at that, whilst Manny is a Regista. Mannys passing, particularly forwards is sublime. He's 1000x a better player than Joyce. Just a pity he's never fit!

Does anyone agree with me that fitness willing that manny is made for the Joyce roll in the vale team.He is by far a better passer of the ball much better in the air and much stronger on the ball  he would allow the other two midfielders to push further up the pitch and get the vale on the front foot in matches.

13 hours ago, Old fort said:

Would love to see Rodders reacting to a crowd encouraging him. Extra 20% effort and inspiration maybe?  Though definitely not suggesting he lacks either,  but he's just not heard us at volume turned up to 11. Come to think of it,  it's been a while since I have.  

He’d be brilliant. The one that gets the crowd going and the one that the crowd loves. I can’t see him being a vale player that long if he keeps this up! Brilliant for his age 

Excellent, much needed win and performance lads.

Reinforced what I have thought all season and presumably many others- that with Gibbons and Montano as full backs, a fit Manny and more pertinently 2 mobile forwards playing TOGETHER up front , than we can actually match anyone in this Division. Our pitfall is obviously the back up squad which honestly needs tweaking by the new manager to ensure we have a full squad likely to progress forward.

Tongue in cheek- did Pugh make the changes second half to allow our new manager to see the frailties that exist in the squad?🤨

Well done Vale, onwards and upwards.

31 minutes ago, hamilboy said:

He will never play enough games consecutively to be fit enough to play that role. Or any for that matter. 

Archived