onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

56 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Rodney needs dropping. As some on here have attested this season, he's not the best striker at the club, and he scores the wrong type of goals.

Didn’t some numpty claim he should be no where near the team after one game.

The emotional rollercoaster some fans go on is unbelievable! 

It’s the inability to think past the last 90 mins they have watched that’s crazy!

Advert

4 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Really good performance today especially first half although Southend were shocking disappointing monty limped off makes a massive difference 

Hopefully Monty was just suffering from cramp, looked like it to me.

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Didn’t some numpty claim he should be no where near the team after one game.

The emotional rollercoaster some fans go on is unbelievable! 

It’s the inability to think past the last 90 mins they have watched that’s crazy!

Think we have all loved him since he rocked up to be honest. Raw, sure.  But he gives us an edge. Rodders does stuff. Learning for sure.  Where did you find this numpty? Facebook maybe?

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Tranmere are up to 5th!!!! Just shows what can happen if can string a bit of form together in this league

I think they have won 4 on the bounce so as you say string some wins together and anyone from mid table can make a move,pugh strongly believes playing like that this team can still have a successful season,only time will tell on that one

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Enjoyed that well done the Vale today ,Gibbons and Montano make the difference and great see Rodney scoring twice and playing so well today ,a fitting tribute to all them wonderful players and supporters we have lost this year .

Thank you for that and welldone Danny pugh and F Sinclair in getting a fully committed display from the lads today bar one wonder goal from them looked solid and that's what we want UTV .

A special mention to Kurtis Guthrie led the line superbly hope you net soon but your a team player and that's what it's about. 

Oyeleke great see you net aswell a nice goal that I thinktheres morecome from you .

Joyce terrific today that's more like it .

Well done all 

UTV 

I thought Smudger played well today as the senior centre back Breadwinner. You?

Just nice to enjoy a Saturday evening. Good to be relatively sure in my head that Grimsby and Southend are absolutely abysmal. 

Surely we can breathe now and try and finish the season as strongly as possible. 

The two full backs are a welcome addition to the team and I thought Taylor was very busy today and a bit unlucky to be subbed. 

Onwards and upwards. 

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just nice to enjoy a Saturday evening. Good to be relatively sure in my head that Grimsby and Southend are absolutely abysmal. 

Surely we can breathe now and try and finish the season as strongly as possible. 

The two full backs are a welcome addition to the team and I thought Taylor was very busy today and a bit unlucky to be subbed. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Southend and Grimsby are a combined -52 goals between them. When you think that third from bottom Barrow are just -3 goals it will be a miracle if EITHER of these two stay up......

26 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Think we have all loved him since he rocked up to be honest. Raw, sure.  But he gives us an edge. Rodders does stuff. Learning for sure.  Where did you find this numpty? Facebook maybe?

Would love to see Rodders reacting to a crowd encouraging him. Extra 20% effort and inspiration maybe?  Though definitely not suggesting he lacks either,  but he's just not heard us at volume turned up to 11. Come to think of it,  it's been a while since I have.  

Something which I thought about during the game was letting Will Atkinson go. He's still only 32 without a club. Could play left side, right side and as an attacking and defensive central midfield player. So effectively cover in the same positions as Fitzpatrick,  Whitehead and Mills. I believe he wanted more regular football and was on a decent wage. 20/20 hindsight is great but maybe we missed a trick. Maybe someone we could bring back in for the end of the season. 

Very happy tonight, great all round performance by the lads. Gibbo made a huge difference for me. Few contenders for mom, obviously Rodney for one, but I thought Guthrie was mustard today, great hold up play and chased everything, just needed a goal to top off a great performance. There will be tougher opponents for us, but well happy with that display.

Archived