onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

After that performance, itshows that Vale are a very good side ,when we field our fit players.That first half showed that.It was very similar to the performances of the committed team of last season,under Askey. The second half was so different though.We need our main squad fit and committed to the cause.Well done today.

Advert

10 minutes ago, JRC said:

Backups are never the same standard as the players they replace. The issue has been having both of the fullbacks in the team at the same time. Crookes is a decent enough 4th choice centrehalf.  Mills and Fitzpatrick are good enough to be in a bottom half of the league side but light years behind Gibbons and Montano. 

I watched Joyce today. He's far more effective with fullbacks who push on as he drops into the space behind them. He's been useless recently because Mills and Fitzpatrick sitting has meant he's had more licence to get forward. He can't pass to his own player more than 10 metres into the opposition half. Joyce playing poorly has been as much of an issue in recent games as average players being average.

Mills is useless he isn’t good enough as back up. I think everyone gets back up players aren’t going to be the same as the starting 11 but we need a better option than what we currently have (proven by the majority of this season)

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The idea is a great one but the better players want first team football and/or more money.  We do have a budget.

Players want to go somewhere where they will play. A lot of bonus money is linked to being in the team. Aspin missed out on Smith because he decided he was better off being first choice at Macclesfield and I believe it was similar with Jordan Cranston who went to Morecambe,  rather than being backup to Montano. If a player knows there is an eatablished first choice they will go somewhere where they will get games.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Mills is useless he isn’t good enough as back up. I think everyone gets back up players aren’t going to be the same as the starting 11 but we need a better option than what we currently have (proven by the majority of this season)

He's fine.  Open your mind.

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not inebriated just because we have won today and have a new manager coming onboard, which should offer us more stability. I’ve taken into account that we’ve played more games than other teams,  but were 8pts off a play off position and 11 from the bottom two teams. Things can only get better.

If the side start playing like we know they can and injuries don't keep happening then we could push for the play offs.  You can only dream as they say.  This league is very strange and good runs help.  It seems any team can beat the top placed teams on the day.

Looking forward to seeing who comes in and will give him full support.

Pugh has said Monty was cramp.  So that is better than we all thought.

Gibbo was a normal precaution due to his come back.

Far more positives today and optimism. It was clear the difference in halves duly noted i guess by our incoming manager. Really looking forward now, still plenty of games to get behind the Vale and provide the momentum to boost confidence and points. Very impressed by Rodney who continues to shine and i thought an unselfish performance by Guthrie.

Ridiculous hammering of Rodders by RS for a defendable mistake around the half way line. He made a mistake, so? All players do. He'd already scored two and was instrumental in putting us in control.

Remind me how well we have done without him in the last couple of games? What is a tongue lashing going to achieve? He knows he's made a mistake.

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Mills did very well at Morecombe in a different system and on a smaller pitch. 

Archived