onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

I've  never understood the saying years ago I remember Richard Duffy or whoever the captain was saying these few are winnable games after they lost a few against teams higher up ,to me its bull you should believe you can beat anyone ,we on our day with everyone at full tilt can beat every side in this league in my opinion it's about time the players thought like that .

In my opinion if a player selects only certain games as winnable he is less likely be ready for the games against the higher in the league sides meaning he just prioritizes the games where he most likely play well ,good players play well in every game .

On paper this on paper that I think if we had the Scunthorpe defence in both games I've watched on ifollow v the Vale we would be 30 points clear at the top .

Let's not be scared of any side we play they are all beatable 

UTV 

Advert

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Some tough games follow southend game,then again it seems most games are tough for us

To be fair all games look tough for us after the last 17 including a home game against bottom of the league however with a new manager in place drilling the defence, players coming back from injury, plus players giving that little bit extra we should scrape together a result or 2 .

I'm sure we will pick up a result where you wouldn't expect e.g Bolton

Hopeful that we will be able to field our strongest team in a long time:

Brown

Gibbo   Bris   Smith  Monty

Woz   Taylor   Conlon   Hurst

Guthrie     Rodney/Cullen

IF we can field something like the above, 3-1 Vale.

34 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Brown

Can't do better than that atm, but I liked Amoo as a striker so maybe that could work for the last 30.

Dangerous putting two recovering wing backs on at the same time? If they are ready get them in asap, but don't get crocked again!

Brown

I’d be dropping Brown... other than that, best side on paper

Can't do better than that atm, but I liked Amoo as a striker so maybe that could work for the last 30.
Dangerous putting two recovering wing backs on at the same time? If they are ready get them in asap, but don't get crocked again!
It's a double edged sword, start the better fullbacks and run the risk of injury but having a good go at the game. Start Mills and Fitz and run the risk of us getting hammered.

Both scott and manny into that team for me. Brown and taylor out
Good shout, I'd not thought of Manny (always seem to assume he's injured)

Brown might come out, I personally think he just needs more faith in the lads in front of him... Monty and gibbo hopefully provide that

We're conceding 3-4 goals a game with brown between the sticks. The way he's playing, I'd prefer my dustbin in goal. Experience means little if you're not performing and past endeavours mean nothing

so youd drop a seasoned  experienced keeper for an unknown quantity whose not even played a reserve game for us yet? get a grip.

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

so youd drop a seasoned  experienced keeper for an unknown quantity whose not even played a reserve game for us yet? get a grip.🤩

I would as well. Brown has been way off it for most of the season and really poor the last few weeks. For his own good he needs dropping. The new keeper is apparently highly rated and why not give him a go? That’s why we have signed him 

Drop Brown.

some players get abused for having one off game, then others are allowed to play the whole season without having their first team placed challenged.

love Brown and he’ll bounce back - but you can’t play players regardless. He’ll get a chance again

Archived