onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

Advert

Desperate times mean desperate measures..defensive strategy and hopefully pinch a goal?
That's exactly how we were set up at the start of the season and people were moaning their bags off because we weren't creating many chances even though we were picking up points

Joyce win that ball every 50 /50 be the man play the ball intelligently in behind the opposition full backs ,your going be in my team sat as Taylor has not set the world on fire ,yet he will in time but we need experience now and I think your second half display v Scunthorpe offered me hope that you getting back to your best .

Conlon make sure you continue what you doing in general play just work on them dead balls more I'm expecting some assists and goals from you in coming weeks .

Hurst or Amoo not really bothered which one of you get the role on the other side as you both capable of producing so produce ,if it's you Amoo do not always pass back drive past your man and get a goal which will increase your confidence and hopefully then we will see the real David Amoo the one who is a massive asset to the club ,I have no idea what's gone on but you do not seem half as hungry as what you need be, as for young Hursty get down that line and whip that ball in for Guthrie to get on the end off your final ball needs working but other than that I feel you are doing extremely well for a newcomer .

Oyeleke we need someone to drive forwards and take out some of the oppositions players to create space for our other players I'm giving you the free role as I think there is something there, I want it still it be a kind of 4_4-2 system though but i think you could be the key to putting Guthrie through on goal then it's up to him ,welcome back stay injury free now .

Guthrie plenty of endeavour so far in what I've seen of you in the last two games and in general play not bad performances however you are there score goals so I hope you believe that you can ,you need to gamble if someone's putting a cross in and usually its snuffed out you got somehow get across your marker and bury it and you will never score if you always got your back to goal make them runs Oyeleke is well capable of putting you in then it up to you .

So that's my team UTV 

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

You're an eternal optimist VFIA, I'll give you that. emoji23.png

With doing the basics Port Vale have players capable of winning games you do not score 6 away if you do not have the capability to do that ,I believe if the confidence of players rises they are capable of 10 wins in a row in this league however at present ,and since the kings Lynn debacle we have had so many poor giveaway goals (gifts )given to the opposition in most games I've watched them it's being absolutely ridiculous and yet the players who have being mainly responsible keep being picked ,either in my opinion that's a deliberate ploy to relegate us I have no idea what I do know is that they have angered many supporters with the manner of the defeats and rightly so we hardly going give a standing ovation to a team who twice managed be 3-2 up in games to lose 4-3 against teams who I'd describe as average at best .

That's history now we cannot look back we need every person who's putting that shirt on have Vale in   there hearts if they have not then they should be removed from the team the club with immediate effect .

UTV 

We will win this. Southend are appalling. I don’t think we are going to be relegated, we are capable of enough, it will be like the dire Aspin/Askey first season, no wins for ages but will do enough. 

The real question is how we get out of this dire decline? It isn’t going to be cheap. 

43 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

We will win this. Southend are appalling. I don’t think we are going to be relegated, we are capable of enough, it will be like the dire Aspin/Askey first season, no wins for ages but will do enough. 

The real question is how we get out of this dire decline? It isn’t going to be cheap. 

There have been recent times where you could look at the  squad and not see one valuable asset. That’s not the case at the minute, we have a few decent but underperforming players who can still be fantastic in the right set up managerially and formation wise. A lot of the trash are on short term contracts and the players I would personally keep are signed beyond this year.

54 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Chance of heavy snow on Saturday, hoping that the game gets called off to save another weekend getting ruined.  It will also give us a chance to get Gibbons and Monty properly match fit, we definitely need them.

Its the first time ever I actually would be chuffed if games where postponed. Gives us chance to hopefully have a new manger in place before the next game.

I too have never wanted a game postponed, but in this case it could work in our favour, reduce some of the games in hand on us, give us a chance for recovery from injury and illness and give us a chance to employ the new gaffer, not being negative but realistic in our current situation.

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

Chance of heavy snow on Saturday, hoping that the game gets called off to save another weekend getting ruined.  It will also give us a chance to get Gibbons and Monty properly match fit, we definitely need them.

How do we get them properly match fit if the match is postponed?

Some tough games follow southend game,then again it seems most games are tough for us

It’s tough on paper but Newport I think are on the longest winless run strangely (7 games) in the league and Orient are hit and miss now Johnson is crocked. Tranmere is a very tough ask at the moment though. If we can beat Southend and one of Orient or Newport I’d snap your hands off.

Archived