onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

Advert

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Doesn't fit in with what Carol wants

Interesting to see if anyone is in the stand saturday watching with carol.... I am hoping Adams isn't at the Morecambe game 🙂 

Yes he would be great but why would he leave to come to vale no chance he is coming 

I dont base my opinion of how a player plays from what a local radio commentator says 1 how many times have they seen joyce play for them to know hes a miss. 

2) he gave the ball away 2/3 times he got it by playing hopeful balls over the top over hit and nowhere near anyone. I can see why the scunthorpe commentators liked him because they got the ball back shortly after him gettinf it
[/ we did look better with Joyce when he came on

1 minute ago, Walter said:

I think the record with Joyce in the team speaks for itself. Cant believe he is being hunted after last night. So many more inept, awful, disgraceful performances. Really weird in my opinion.

Im not just going off last night hes been awful for months

reckon we’ll win this saturday, southend don’t seem to have a big target man and the last 2 games our back four have struggled with the 2 big units. they like to overplay aswell so hopefully the longer the game goes on that they haven’t scored we can get a bit of confidence back. let’s not concede early lads please! 

4 hours ago, geoff1 said:

read carols press release!

Finally been able to read the article and encouraging news.  Hopefully the article will be read by the players and coaches and encourage them to play at the level they were at the start of the season.  The fans will be encouraged that the process of appointing a manager is happening and will happen in due course.  

I thought Joyce did very well when he come on tues as did Gibbons and even Amoo who was used as a striker did ok ,the 3 subs improved us to get a 0-0 second half .

So 3 days until the game and if I was manager I'd be going through a few things with the strikers and the final ball in which in general was not up to the standard we needed it be v Scunthorpe ,so if we have 20 crosses going in I want see our striker anticipating that it might be going near post and not far and get in there and score ,as for dead balls it's not good just floating them in  do the free kick used by Liverpool v Crystal palace semi final years ago think Crystal palace won 4-3 where one of the teams just slid it down the side and created a goal from it instead of putting into the box where too many of our players do not have the guts get in there ,I'd play Legge up front with Guthrie if I could as that lad always pops a very good header in lately his mate Smith has not even being getting anywhere near a Conlon dead ball or Worrall corner i bet you Legge would have .

Anyway big game and you do not score unless you believe you can do we have a striker who believes he can and do we have the guts to not give away yet more sloppy goals I mean last two league games we have had 3 on target shots from Walsall and Scunthorpe and 5 goals conceded it's like the opposition are being given gifts ,and watching on ifollow both games and seen that occur has been hugely disappointing. 

So as for team can we afford not start with Gibbons I think we need start with him but obviously we do not want to rush him back and he be injured as he is a tremendous player .

Montano comes back in immediately no doubt about it for me another player who can influence our performance with his go for it excellence and sometimes comedy value but generally love the bloke as you can see he wants win and so do we Monty lad so do we .

Centre halfs Brisley your distribution is terrible just whacking it up the field generally to no one for someone as experienced as you calm the hell down and pass it to someone in black and white .

Smith buck up or go away ,sick of your incompetence, you wouldnt be in my team ever but you be in pughs team  no doubt ,stop making mistakes and play to the level you need play at ,I've seen you do it against Coventry years ago and on some other occasions, shut me up prove to me your the man.

Worrall get down that line and cross to a Vale player ,believe in yourself ,score ,create do what you have shown on many occasions excellence and do extra crossing in training from all angles and work on putting that ball in or balls that our strikers  if they miss their headers and put  them wide only themselves to blame for not putting them away .

Brown if selected get off your line dominate you box and go onto that pitch with the attitude that nothing is getting past me today because lets face it Scott too much as gone past you .

I will continue this later me porridge is getting cold 

UTV 

Archived