onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Southend United

Fosse69

We definitely looked better with Joyce in last night. Yes he gave it away a few times but we were managing to switch play better and actually keep possession much more than we were doing first half and keep the ball in their half more. Players like Taylor are not physical enough to be part of a midfield 2 in a 4-4-2 formation IMO. We need Manny back ASAP. 

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

If we play the way we did at Scunny, then well done Vale - the ever giving players you are allow Southend to beat us and close the relegation gap between us and them.  Southend probably win at a walking pace as well.

Just hope some of the key players are available for selection very soon and get back into the first team so we start to producing results.  Fans would not mind if they look as if they tried and did not just go through the "motions of being a footballer".

I feel so sorry for Carol and Kevin.  They bought the club and then covid happened which has not helped everyone.  They topped up the furlough wage to full amount for each player.  How do you pay them back - you play as if your new to football.  Then blame this on not having any confidence each time - but we tried and were just unlucky.  

Carol and Co, can you please look through the CV's and bring in a no-nonsense experienced manager to sort this rabble out.  This includes the players and the coaches, as I don't think it is just the players causing problems.  Port Vale keep trying the same experiment which previously failed again and again.  Get an up and coming manager with connections to Vale or a manager with little experience as they are the cheap option.

we need an experienced ex 1st div successful manager with excellent contacts committed to stay at the vale. can you see that happening?😏:drink:

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

we need an experienced ex 1st div successful manager with excellent contacts committed to stay at the vale. can you see that happening?😏:drink:

More chance of platting fog then getting an experienced ex 1st div successful manager with excellent contacts. 

Can only see Port Vale going with Pugh and Sinclair.  Then if we loose Conlon, then we are really stuffed.

1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Fingers crossed we keep Tom Conlon,or we are doomed!!

Sadly i do think with his current form there is interest in him,i do know he has been watched several times but whether that ends up with a good enough offer for us who knows and will we accept it,in the current climate we might not have much choice

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Sadly i do think with his current form there is interest in him,i do know he has been watched several times but whether that ends up with a good enough offer for us who knows and will we accept it,in the current climate we might not have much choice

Would it be worth selling him and using the money to bring in a good manager?

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Would it be worth selling him and using the money to bring in a good manager?

I would hope so as a good manager should hopefully be able to mould Taylor or Burgess into a decent midfielder but will we use it for a manager or go with what we have got?

Personally i think Conlon with 18mths left on his deal could command a fee of 150k plus and maybe a sell on

If we dont beat bottom of the table Southend at home then realistically who are we going to beat. We are looking like a bottom of the table side ourselves with a team full of bottom of the table players.  I know a good manager can make a difference but if any of our players think they are half decent footballers then go out there and prove it. Who do you need to hold your hand ?

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

More chance of platting fog then getting an experienced ex 1st div successful manager with excellent contacts. 

Can only see Port Vale going with Pugh and Sinclair.  Then if we loose Conlon, then we are really stuffed.

read carols press release!

Its a game that we could do with winning but with the way we are playing and the goals we give away it got away win written all over it. We have nothing upfront unless rodney and his pace is up there. The defence is too slow and the full backs pathetic, hopefully gibbons will start as mills is one of the worst right backs ever play for the club. 

Not sure about injuries but would vaguely go like this at the start:

Brown

Gibbo.     ?        ?         Monty

Wozza    Manni.    Conlon.   Hurst

Guthrie Rodney

Still feel we need 2 up front with crosses from the wings.

I feel Manni with Conlon are the only 2 who could get close to winning the CM battle as a 2 in the middle.

Can’t see us playing 352 but I wouldn’t mind that but I do feel we need to stick to a style a play, whatever that might be.

Archived