onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

THE BLAME GAME

darren1810

Advert

The radio silence is annoying now.

A few weeks ago I had a go at Tideswell on here in relation to his ENORMOUS blocklist on twitter. He'd even block people from the Sentinel twitter account, for the slightest infarction. He doesn't like being challenged at all. 

I made those comments before seeing him post on either NYE or NYD that he was very unwell and had been for a while. I didn't know that, fair enough, obviously him being quiet is more than understandable.  

Who is running comms in his absence though?

1 hour ago, Santa said:

It's like a sitcom. Harold can never abandon Albert Steptoe. Ted can never leave Craggy Island. Peggy will never be a yellowcoat.

No matter what we do, we're trapped in a dysfunctional football club.

Thanks for putting me straight, I was beginning to think it was me......🤣🤣

I've said before n another topic, Kings Lynn was the pivitol match, pre that we were on a 4 game winning run with the best defence in the league, so did Askey give them a deserved bo**king and our prima donors were upset. Everything went after that we shipped goals could'nt score, They beat Bolton was it to show Askey what they could do? anyway he went, they played well against Grimsby, a creditable point at FGR, then were back to rubbish, its basic schoolboy stuff, a good defence and you've a point, then start scoring goals, but thats not our style...

Could Legge have been pi**ed off because of the responce he got to his statement about Askey going? whatever our players must look in the mirror and ask themselves is it good enough?

If the crowds have been in we would have let them know, how much we, and the club have been let down, As to a new manager i don't know thats Carol and Kevins department, we were happy when they came in and saved our club, its their money, but the players thats another thing, loose sat. and its a dog fight, and IF its relagation on that first match back i will surely let em now what i think of them...

My motto is English by birth, Vale by the grace of God, and i will surport Vale for what years i have left, but unless this team start recognising that 100% is only acceptable now, i'm done with them...

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Things are clearly not right on and off the pitch at the moment.

Good rant.

Lots of things have and are are going wrong. Some appear not have been dealt with properly. We could blame Carol, Colin,JA, the defence, individual players, signings, tactics, coaches, injuries and covid. I'm sure there are others I have missed. Ultimately they are all to blame. As a collective the PVFC team has not been good enough.

Every single person employed by PVFC need to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror and ask have I or am I giving everything?

I can't judge the non playing staff but I know the answer for the majority of the players.

Win, loose or draw Saturday we are now in a dogfight for our football league status. We will continue to struggle until we have strong leadership on and off the pitch, to galvanise the club and get everyone pulling in the same direction.

Currently we are in a perfect storm heading for the rocky shores of National League without a captain at the wheel.

Great post Darren1810  as usual and we all scratching our heads wondering how a happy club (pre covid )where the team spirit was immense and the team were playing some really good stuff at times not always but more than what we being used to these last 5 years has become what it is today with rumours flying all over the place of who's fault it is and J Askey losing his job through the efforts of the same players bar a few who were getting us all thinking they were going out the league this season (oh the irony that could get us out the way which will cause great hurt and be so damaging not for me though I'm Vale today I'll still be Vale whatever league they are in tomorrow and on forth).

It needs addressing I'd be employing a new manager as soon as possible a man who has no ties with the club a man who will run the players hard and make sure we do not have a soft underbelly and get rid of the hoaxes who constantly bring disgrace and dishonesty and dishonor to the club and there teammates with the rubbish they show us all regularly ,go away and go be rubbish elsewhere .

Sinclair this Sinclair that it gets on me nerves if he as been fighting with members of the first team ,does that give them the right to play crap and leave Carol who is being bled dry by a greedy person who is enjoying Vales falling down the league ,a decent person would say I let you off for 2 million of that money because some Vale fans actually liked him, but not him you just see to your self ego and enjoy bleeding the Vale dry and trying to close us down and go down in folklore as a taker not a giver  and a person who causes unnecessary suffering to folk who do not deserve that just ordinary folk who work for little and love there football club  ,shame on you smurfwaite.

So sort it Vale and come out fighting and get rid of anyone who is not up to the fight .

Good luck Carol I do not know you but you are deserving of better and hang in there and let's hope the Vale who years ago took to the field and played with such heart against more illustrious opponents  are replicated in the players who represent us today when they realise we are so much bigger than what they think we are .

Make decisions and be lucky 

UTV 

2 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Great post Darren1810  as usual and we all scratching our heads wondering how a happy club (pre covid )where the team spirit was immense and the team were playing some really good stuff at times not always but more than what we being used to these last 5 years has become what it is today with rumours flying all over the place of who's fault it is and J Askey losing his job through the efforts of the same players bar a few who were getting us all thinking they were going out the league this season (oh the irony that could get us out the way which will cause great hurt and be so damaging not for me though I'm Vale today I'll still be Vale whatever league they are in tomorrow and on forth).

It needs addressing I'd be employing a new manager as soon as possible a man who has no ties with the club a man who will run the players hard and make sure we do not have a soft underbelly and get rid of the hoaxes who constantly bring disgrace and dishonesty and dishonor to the club and there teammates with the rubbish they show us all regularly ,go away and go be rubbish elsewhere .

Sinclair this Sinclair that it gets on me nerves if he as been fighting with members of the first team ,does that give them the right to play crap and leave Carol who is being bled dry by a greedy person who is enjoying Vales falling down the league ,a decent person would say I let you off for 2 million of that money because some Vale fans actually liked him, but not him you just see to your self ego and enjoy bleeding the Vale dry and trying to close us down and go down in folklore as a taker not a giver  and a person who causes unnecessary suffering to folk who do not deserve that just ordinary folk who work for little and love there football club  ,shame on you smurfwaite.

So sort it Vale and come out fighting and get rid of anyone who is not up to the fight .

Good luck Carol I do not know you but you are deserving of better and hang in there and let's hope the Vale who years ago took to the field and played with such heart against more illustrious opponents  are replicated in the players who represent us today when they realise we are so much bigger than what they think we are .

Make decisions and be lucky 

UTV 

Top post there Breadwinner. Well done.😊😊

The players are to blame by the looks of it they are the ones that got askey sacked and the ones that admitted they weren't even trying and phoned Carol to apologise. The players are also the ones making the mistakes on the pitch not marking up getting caught out of position ect. Untill we clear some of this <ovf censored> out we will continue to struggle. You could have pep managing this lot and he would struggle get this mess sorted. 

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-carol-shanahan-interview-4936253

Full interview with Carol, which I found very reassuring. It would appear we have changed approach.

Getting a good manager in will alleviate most of our issues, but there are still a few things to analyse and sort out away from the managerial position.

Carol admits this period has been 'transformational', which is good; it's hard to deny that some mistakes have been made (some of it merely communicative), by a variety of people, over the last 6 months, and that is to be expected in football with an owner in her 2nd season.

The important thing is that the club learns lessons and we, in the long-term, improve from having slipped up here and there.

Hopefully this signals that the lessons have been learned, and it only reinforces that we remain exceptionally lucky to have Carol.

i think everyone needs to realise we have an inexperienced chairwoman and this essentially is the first real controversial moment since her takeover. i personally think she’s listened to a lot of the negative fans on social media and bowed down and tried to please them. i think she had intentions in giving it to pugh til end of the season but the results and performances haven’t ben good enough and has decided to go get a manager this week. the squad is good enough it just needs someone to get them back believing that. smith, legge had a great partnership alongside gibbo and monty, there’s no reason why that can’t be reunited. the 3 in the middle can get back to dominating in there and now we have a striker who we’ve wanted for the past 12 months thats got a bit of everything. hopefully tomorrow is the day we kickstart a run of good results and the players who done it last year show us that it wasn’t a one off! 

I think the fact we've had 1 win in 5 under Pugh is the reason she's decided he isn't the man for the job if he'd of gone 5 unbeaten or won 4 like tranmere or Bradford did there would be no rush and she could of waited. She's a fan like the rest of us this is hurting her like it is everyone else who supports Vale. I would imagine that she's more worried about her 5 million quid than what the rest of us type on the tinternett

Archived