Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

5 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Didn't like the team line up tonight, it looked far to open and we were undone again by long balls leaving 1:1 situations which Vale's defenders can't deal with.

Vale have to tighten up/be more compact, 4-3-3 going forward morphing to a  4-5-1 when defending perhaps best suits the players Vale have. We'd lost tonight's game after 26 mins.

Vale have to scrap their way out of this situation, ugly wins and ugly draws.

Frank Sinclair may be a great guy but on the touchline he is too much heart and not enough head.

A win vs Southend on Saturday will make everything look brighter.

It's not the formation, it's the players, with an exception of Conlon and to an extent Worrall at the moment, they are just rubbish.  We played 4-4-2 against an awful Grimsby team and got a win, the next 3 games we went 4-3-3 and looked really poor, going back to a more defensive approach, I would still have zero confidence in this spineless bunch to get anything even on Saturday.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

Just now, Nofinikea said:

Check what I have been saying since November.  A half smart 5 year old could have worked it out.

I did follow your conspiracy theories which I found amusing.

A half smart 5 year old could see things where not right on the pitch and change was needed. If it was all down to JA poor management, signings and tactics or not its all irrelevant.

If a team keeps losing and players are not giving 100% effort the buck stops with the manager. He's paid to sort it including behind the scene problems.

Didn't like the team line up tonight, it looked far to open and we were undone again by long balls leaving 1:1 situations which Vale's defenders can't deal with.
Vale have to tighten up/be more compact, 4-3-3 going forward morphing to a  4-5-1 when defending perhaps best suits the players Vale have. We'd lost tonight's game after 26 mins.
Vale have to scrap their way out of this situation, ugly wins and ugly draws.
Frank Sinclair may be a great guy but on the touchline he is too much heart and not enough head.
A win vs Southend on Saturday will make everything look brighter.
Yeah I didnt understand why everyone was dead happy we had gone 442. Looked a mistake to me.

Unbelievable sentiments must be put aside. We need our one captain that scores goal back. Please where is Legge? Before it’s catastrophic 

• Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Carol chose to pay Norman's ransome.  I think you are sounding rather spoilt right now.  If she hadn't, there would be no club right now and that's fact.  Then we have a global pandemic that will have not only squeezed club finances but also the synetics finances.  Nobody planned for a pandemic when setting budgets and creating plans.  So she forked out more than they would have liked purely after seeing such despair away at Cheltenham.  Then she got stung by the pandemic but she gets absolutely no gratitude from you, just the threat to withdraw custom and argue she should spend even more money that maybe right now, she just hasn't got.

I do think sometime that Norman had the right idea to wind the club up because the lack of appreciation and empathy for Carol's predicament is disgusting.

I have never been called spoilt before watching Vale - that's the funniest thing I have read.

Anyway ... I'm grateful there is still a Port Vale but I'm not paying £15- 20 to watch National League football. I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one. I suspect there would be a big drop in sales all round.Its not a threat just reality of the situation.

Does Carol have the money to bring someone in? We knows because the club are not saying anything, thats my point about the manager. If we don't have money to bring in a manager then show some leadership let the players, staff and fans know Pugh is the manager not just limp along.

At present we are a rudderless ship.

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

True, but what if the manager didn't have the power in his remit to sort the problem out and those that did had been "got to".

Whoever comes in will fail until the problem is resolved.

Here we go........Unsubstantiated rumour alert and throwing in a little clue just to give the I know more than you twist.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

True, but what if the manager didn't have the power in his remit to sort the problem out and those that did had been "got to".

In that case

a. we're in far more trouble than I thought, and 

b. certain people need to stop being oblique and start acting as a critical friend.

Edited by Santa

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

2 wins in 17.

I don't even know where to start.

Very similar run to the one we went on two seasons ago.

Advert:

What a poor, poor football team we are. If Carol isn't embarrassed to be in charge of this shower then she must have something wrong with her.

After a positive start to the season we've quickly become an absolute laughing stock. It's genuinely shameful to support this club right now. It has been for a while. It's an absolute car crash from top to bottom.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Sinclair has done a very good post match interview tonight. Pretty much agree with everything he said. 

What? We were crap?