onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Got seriously no hope for this game what a depressing time we live in. 

the first couple of months of the season watching vale play was a massive outlet for me and gave me a chance for 90 minutes to forget about everything thats going on in the world and enjoy us playing a game a football. 

find it really sad that i dont even know if i can bare to watch the games anymore. I have never seen a team with so little about them they should honestly be ashamed of themselves bar a couple of them. In a time where ive not been able to see my family or in months they are able to train together and play football for a living which most of us could only dream of. And they are taking advantage and stealing a wage. They are not good enough and honestly i wish i could just not care anymore because it is beyond depressing being a fan of this club ive seen two good seasons in the 20 years ive been supporting us. we must be one of the dullest teams in the football league. Never even had a glimmer of were going places. 

carol comes in and for the first time in however long i felt a bit of optimism but weve gone even worse since shes taken over the club. The club as it stands at the moment is a shambles. And people are saying you cant blame carol you cant blame colin garlick. THEY ARE ALL TO BLAME. The players the staff the board the lot of them. They are all to blame for this <ovf censored> show of a season. This is how they repay the fans by backing them to the max with season ticket sales and shirt sales its not <ovf censored> good enough. We atleast deserve to see some passion some ambition and weve got absolutely nothing. 

Carol is saying just get through the season what do you mean just get through the season you cannot say that with a half a season to go and a transfer market and the ability to appoint a new manager. does this season not matter ??!?!??? Yes we have made losses in money this season but so has every other league 2 club and they arent saying lets just get through and then go for it next year.. its not good enough am sorry and i would of thought as carol is a vale fan she would understand more than anyone this isnt good enough. 

rant over fed up, cant wait for another <ovf censored> show tomorrow gonna be a great watch!! 

Advert

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

It was hilarious, you had 12 players in the side and you dropped Conlon the one bright spark recently,

We are away if it means we can get something developing between Guthrie and Cullen so if to we score first it might give the whole team confidence then it's a bold and good move .

I think Conlons a fine player but at times goes AWOL and let's face it we are staring at non league ,a squad full of players used properly could win you every game,no one player is more important than another ,its a team game everybody as to works a one I see anything but that, so I think you try different things and I for one enjoyed Cullens cameo alongside Guthrie wouldnt it be lovely if they both scored tomoz night after both having fine games in ten mins on Saturday there was something and I  enjoyed that phase of the game the other 80 apart from glimmers fromConlon and Worrall it was abject to say the least .

UTV 

For me, we need 4/4/2 and have a better chance to score/ hold the ball up. As Scunthorpe play with the monster Loft up front and the tricky Eisa, we will need a dominant centre half!

I would go,

Brown

Gibbons Smith Legge Montana

Worall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Guthrie Cullen as Rodney won’t be fit.

17 minutes ago, Dangermouse3 said:

For me, we need 4/4/2 and have a better chance to score/ hold the ball up. As Scunthorpe play with the monster Loft up front and the tricky Eisa, we will need a dominant centre half!

I would go,

Brown

Gibbons Smith Legge Montana

Worall Conlon Taylor Hurst

Guthrie Cullen as Rodney won’t be fit.

Is that Hannah Montana? 🤣😎

Scotty Brown in goal.

If we play Gibbo and Monty as full backs that gives us pace. Legge is dominant in the air. Brisley next to Legge as Smith is so badly out of form it's unbelievable! 

Midfield four of Woz, Taylor, Conlon and Burgess. Use Woz to attack both flanks at will and the other three central.

Guthrie up front with Cullen. 

442 but Woz free to roam and raid down both wings.

Subs of Amoo and Hurst to change things up top and Fits and Smith to cover tiredness at the back, what with Gibbo and Monty returning from injury. 

Can't see us getting anything from this game but it will give Guthrie and Cullen some time to form a partnership. Draw would be decent. We must win Sarfend on Satdee! 

UTV!

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

We are away if it means we can get something developing between Guthrie and Cullen so if to we score first it might give the whole team confidence then it's a bold and good move .

I think Conlons a fine player but at times goes AWOL and let's face it we are staring at non league ,a squad full of players used properly could win you every game,no one player is more important than another ,its a team game everybody as to works a one I see anything but that, so I think you try different things and I for one enjoyed Cullens cameo alongside Guthrie wouldnt it be lovely if they both scored tomoz night after both having fine games in ten mins on Saturday there was something and I  enjoyed that phase of the game the other 80 apart from glimmers fromConlon and Worrall it was abject to say the least .

UTV 

Conlon AWOL?🤔😂😂😂

Not holding out much hope for this one to be honest, but nobody said being a Vale fan was easy.  My team providing they are available would be

Scott

Smith            Brisley.          Crookes 

Gibbons  Conlon   Worrall.   Hurst

Taylor

Guthrie.             Rodney

Watching the Wycombe v Spurs game and wow, they look well organized. If Akinfenwa can play for them in the Championship along with numerous other ex league 2 legends, then a decent manager can get the likes of Robinson and McKirdy being decent in league 2.

Watching such a well organized Wycombe team with many familiar faces from Vale fixtures from years gone by shows we need to get the right new manager in without delay! 

14 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Watching the Wycombe v Spurs game and wow, they look well organized. If Akinfenwa can play for them in the Championship along with numerous other ex league 2 legends, then a decent manager can get the likes of Robinson and McKirdy being decent in league 2.

Watching such a well organized Wycombe team with many familiar faces from Vale fixtures from years gone by shows we need to get the right new manager in without delay! 

I'll never ever know why we never signed Grimmer permanently. 

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

I remember his excellent early appearance away at Brentford way back. I mean to be fair, Fulham wanted him and he did make 13 appearances there.

Yes true but then was it Shrewsbury ? We ought to of been in like a shot. 

Since then we've had Lawrie Wilson and Zak Mills !! 

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

In league 2 yes, but were we not in league 1 with Grimmer? At the time or around then we soon had Freddie Veseli who was arguably more versatile. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes that’s right, he was loaned out there and equally impressed. They wanted him too. I just guess Fulham felt they wanted to keep him. 

Archived