onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I can only describe that one way.... a relegation performance.

Piss poor defending yet again. its a joke.

Huff and puff looked very disjointed with no desire to get on the end of balls in the box. Conlon put some fantastic free-kicks and crosses but we just trot to the ball. Not one player trying to attack the ball.

Conceding for fun and don't look like we will score. Sorry only going one way now.

Now looking for the results of Barrow, Harrogate,Southen and Grimsby...let that sink.

Carol please please please get a leader of men in that dressing room as manager to drill this defence and get these players to show some grit and determination before we end up in the National League.

I come on to one fan saying he disagrees with the club helping starving kids, and another saying 'we need to protest' as a global pandemic rages. What a pickle we are in.

Get a manager appointed. There's not really much else to say. We may be losing money but we'll be losing a lot more money if we continue like this.

And ship out as many of these frauds in the summer. They've cost themselves a contract with 2 wins in 17, I'm afraid. Good luck finding a club with the salary cap, lads. Conlon and Gibbo can stay.

As always, it is somehow the fans' fault, this. UTV

11 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Don't shout at the owners, they're still learning,save your anger for the wage poachers who are taking the piss out of all us! Helpless situation as it stands, could take it under an evil owner but it hurts more under owners who we know care, really heartbreaking,hurts like hell.

You are right.

The owners did their pzrt for this season. Askey has failed us and the players are taking the money for nothing

5 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

We need a CH with speed we all also need a forward, especially with Devante out. I feel that Jake has the energy to press going forward and defend by pressurising the opposition instead of just letting them push it around. The CHs that we have aren’t too bad in the air but useless on the deck so make the opposition play the long ball game. Which I think is our strength. 
All this negativity from the fans is because we’re all frustrated due to last season and what appears to be a lack of effort this season. 

Plenty of effort, no ability though I'm afraid, Taylor in my opinion and I could be only one who thinks it, is no better at this stage of the season than Burgess,  a centre half was a must, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I come on to one fan saying he disagrees with the club helping starving kids, and another saying 'we need to protest' as a global pandemic rages. What a pickle we are in.

Get a manager appointed. There's not really much else to say. We may be losing money but we'll be losing a lot more money if we continue like this.

And ship out as many of these frauds in the summer. They've cost themselves a contract with 2 wins in 17, I'm afraid. Good luck finding a club with the salary cap, lads. Conlon and Gibbo can stay.

As always, it is somehow the fans' fault, this. UTV

2 wins in 17.

Christ.

I didn't realise we've ended up that bad!

Think you're all being a bit harsh on Joyce. At least he looked to get on the ball. Yes he gave it away a bit but he was trying to make things happen.

We looked a lot better second half, without really looking like we would get back in it.

First half is awful. Really bad.

Cullen has shown what use he is. May as well not bother with him again.

442 wont work when you haven't got 2 strikers. Amoo looked miles better than cullen.

Guthrie I think worked hard again, but I just dont see him actually scoring. Isnt in the right places or making the right runs. Works hard though, but we need more.

We lack so much up top.

Defensively, first half, we were awful. What is wrong with Smith? He looks as bad, or worse, then brisley. That first goal is awful from him. A long straight ball and hes lost his man. Poor. The left and right back arent good enough. No where near. And it kills us. But neither are the two CBs. I'd be after a CB and a LB before jan ends and maybe an actual striker. One that likes kicking it or heading it at the opposition goal preferably.

When were defending we make scoring look like the easiest thing in the world. When we attack it's like trying to crack the enigma.

We have to get a manager in. Quick time.

That was diabolical yet again. Defence garbage. Mills and Fitzpatrick worst full back pairing I’ve ever seen. Taylor anonymous. I don’t think I saw Joyce actually complete a pass. Guthrie is as bad as Bradford fans said, no better than Theo. We don’t seem to have any game plan or philosophy of how we are going to score a goal. Just hoof and hope, and keep putting aimless, dreadful crosses into the box. 

Pugh has to go now. Askey had to go. But not appointing a manager is lunacy. Any other league club would have appointed someone weeks ago. This is a carbon copy of the 2016/17 relegation season, the managers even left at almost exactly the same time. We need to learn our lesson. 

Get a proper manager in NOW! Or we will be playing national league football next season. Even that might not be enough with the absolute shower on the pitch, but at least we’d stand a chance.

Archived