Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Think you're all being a bit harsh on Joyce. At least he looked to get on the ball. Yes he gave it away a bit but he was trying to make things happen.

We looked a lot better second half, without really looking like we would get back in it.

First half is awful. Really bad.

Cullen has shown what use he is. May as well not bother with him again.

442 wont work when you haven't got 2 strikers. Amoo looked miles better than cullen.

Guthrie I think worked hard again, but I just dont see him actually scoring. Isnt in the right places or making the right runs. Works hard though, but we need more.

We lack so much up top.

Defensively, first half, we were awful. What is wrong with Smith? He looks as bad, or worse, then brisley. That first goal is awful from him. A long straight ball and hes lost his man. Poor. The left and right back arent good enough. No where near. And it kills us. But neither are the two CBs. I'd be after a CB and a LB before jan ends and maybe an actual striker. One that likes kicking it or heading it at the opposition goal preferably.

When were defending we make scoring look like the easiest thing in the world. When we attack it's like trying to crack the enigma.

We have to get a manager in. Quick time.

• Like 3

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

That was diabolical yet again. Defence garbage. Mills and Fitzpatrick worst full back pairing I’ve ever seen. Taylor anonymous. I don’t think I saw Joyce actually complete a pass. Guthrie is as bad as Bradford fans said, no better than Theo. We don’t seem to have any game plan or philosophy of how we are going to score a goal. Just hoof and hope, and keep putting aimless, dreadful crosses into the box. 

Pugh has to go now. Askey had to go. But not appointing a manager is lunacy. Any other league club would have appointed someone weeks ago. This is a carbon copy of the 2016/17 relegation season, the managers even left at almost exactly the same time. We need to learn our lesson. 

Get a proper manager in NOW! Or we will be playing national league football next season. Even that might not be enough with the absolute shower on the pitch, but at least we’d stand a chance.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 3

Nights like tonight, the only consolation would be Old Sage ringing up and giving everyone pelters on live radio. Eviscerating all of the frauds associating themselves with our club.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Advert:

Second half we applied ourselves well ,but game lost with major mistakes in first half .

I'm not going slate too much tonight I was heartened by second half display if Amoos header goes in i think we would have got a point minimum ,fair play to there defence they were strong and resilient everything we weren't and that's what's cost us 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Legge and Joyce start v Southend for me. Gibbo for sure. is Rodney going to be fit?

We are in the <ovf censored>.

True.

Legge has been poor and deserved to be dropped.

Has to be Gibbo Legge Smith , with gritted teeth, and where is Monty.

Taylor doesnt deserve to play Sat

Where is Rodney

Advert:

10 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

And no Pope too.Oh for him to be on the pitch tonight as this shower are pathetic

People still say Pope is rubbish. He is the best we have and peoples comments are because they dont like the bloke not what he offers to the club on the pitch

• Like 3

Horrible to watch first half and they just sat off us second, and we still couldn’t score. So many things wrong with this team, just absolutely toothless. Please Carol, get an experienced manager in to attempt to sort out this awful mess. 

Im genuinely lost for words we genuinely would struggle in the conference with this team i cant believe it i hate everything about us no energy no players that can beat a man no drive now commitment its like a <ovf censored> stroll in w park and see if we can get a result, how do you go about getting season ticket money back because thats the final straw

• Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

People still say Pope is rubbish. He is the best we have and peoples comments are because they dont like the bloke not what he offers to the club on the pitch

He’s not the answer for 90 mins week in week out. Rodney is our best striker, for me if we play 1 we play Rodney. If we play 2 it’s Rodney and pope. Disappointed with Guthrie tonight. I know he didn’t get much service but he didn’t look great 

• Like 1

First half defensively cost us. First goal is something you’d be gutted by at a Sunday morning game let alone at a pro level. Second again we allowed a striker to turn and get a pass off. Could Brown have done better? 

Second half our tempo and intensity was better (how could it not be) but i put that in large part down to the introduction of Gibbo, I think his tenacity and urgency lifts us. it also stopped their left hand side from playing too, they were nowhere near as dangerous down there. I see Joyce is getting a lot of stick but I thought we had more options with him and we were managing to switch it right to left much better. Am I alone I’m thinking that we should have done better from that in swinging Conlon free kick? It was begging to be attacked. We huffed and puffed without really creating too much or getting that bit of luck we needed when it was dropping in the box. The story of it is that we were undone by ourselves again with those 2 goals, they’re preventable, it’s not like they were moments of brilliance. 

• Like 2