Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There was absolutely no need to call carol a bitch. That's shameful on your part

I feel desperately desperately sorry for Carol 

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

Indeed. Getting rid of him was the right decision. Nobody back-peddled, we all put forward names we wanted. I wanted Ian Holloway. 

Nobody sincerely thought, “yeah let’s get rid of Askey, Pugh will be better”. 

So nobody thought through the actual probabilities of what would happen in a Covid hit season??

Then we were all thinking with our brains switched off like Neanderthal idiots.

You got what you wanted.

Oh, and Holloway... Jesus wept! Look how he has left his last team!!

There is some embarrassing backpedaling on here tonight. We wanted Askey out. No qualifications, no ifs or buts. The anger and screaming for it was vitriolic.

I have no issue with it, but certain posters coming on here now saying “I would rather he stayed if we knew this would happen” is embarrassing.

• Like 3

Advert:

That was absolute garbage. Pugh out now please and get a proper bloody manager in ASAP. If we don’t, there’s only one place we are heading, and that’s out the football league. May even struggle with a proper manager with these jokers on the pitch.

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, dantheman said:

I tried to make this point a while back and got slated for it. Big decisions are passing us by and we are just nose diving into the national league. Really do respect Carol abs Kevin but they are getting this MASSIVELY wrong. All the good they have done will be forgotten of this carry’s on. 

I respect Carol and Kevin as people. Throughly decent and intelligent, but then Smurfwaite was really really, bad. Would make anyone look good. 

I just think they can’t run a club and having a board made up of solicitors and the local newspaper writer is just ineffective in a successful football business. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

So nobody thought through the actual probabilities of what would happen in a Covid hit season??

Then we were all thinking with our brains switched off like Neanderthal idiots.

You got what you wanted.

Oh, and Holloway... Jesus wept! Look how he has left his last team!!

There is some embarrassing backpedaling on here tonight. We wanted Askey out. No qualifications, no ifs or buts. The anger and screaming for it was vitriolic.

I have no issue with it, but certain posters coming on here now saying “I would rather he stayed if we knew this would happen” is embarrassing.

Askey had to go. Difference is, any other club would appoint a new manager ASAP. Here we are weeks later and still nothing. If we were going to do this, then sacking Askey was lunacy.

• Like 1

Advert:

8 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Indeed. Getting rid of him was the right decision. Nobody back-peddled, we all put forward names we wanted. I wanted Ian Holloway. 

Nobody sincerely thought, “yeah let’s get rid of Askey, Pugh will be better”. 

Holloway is the reason that Grimsby are almost certainly going down.

• Like 2

Just now, Powerline said:

That was absolute garbage. Pugh out now please and get a proper bloody manager in ASAP. If we don’t, there’s only one place we are heading, and that’s out the football league. May even struggle with a proper manager with these jokers on the pitch.

Pugh maybe but those players are a disgrace.

Never seen a defence so slow and useless when on the ball

Cullen shocking

Conlon only footballer we have

Ready for 5 subs at halftime