onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Didn't like the team line up tonight, it looked far to open and we were undone again by long balls leaving 1:1 situations which Vale's defenders can't deal with.
Vale have to tighten up/be more compact, 4-3-3 going forward morphing to a  4-5-1 when defending perhaps best suits the players Vale have. We'd lost tonight's game after 26 mins.
Vale have to scrap their way out of this situation, ugly wins and ugly draws.
Frank Sinclair may be a great guy but on the touchline he is too much heart and not enough head.
A win vs Southend on Saturday will make everything look brighter.
Yeah I didnt understand why everyone was dead happy we had gone 442. Looked a mistake to me.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Carol chose to pay Norman's ransome.  I think you are sounding rather spoilt right now.  If she hadn't, there would be no club right now and that's fact.  Then we have a global pandemic that will have not only squeezed club finances but also the synetics finances.  Nobody planned for a pandemic when setting budgets and creating plans.  So she forked out more than they would have liked purely after seeing such despair away at Cheltenham.  Then she got stung by the pandemic but she gets absolutely no gratitude from you, just the threat to withdraw custom and argue she should spend even more money that maybe right now, she just hasn't got.

I do think sometime that Norman had the right idea to wind the club up because the lack of appreciation and empathy for Carol's predicament is disgusting.

I have never been called spoilt before watching Vale - that's the funniest thing I have read.

Anyway ... I'm grateful there is still a Port Vale but I'm not paying £15- 20 to watch National League football. I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one. I suspect there would be a big drop in sales all round.Its not a threat just reality of the situation.

Does Carol have the money to bring someone in? We knows because the club are not saying anything, thats my point about the manager. If we don't have money to bring in a manager then show some leadership let the players, staff and fans know Pugh is the manager not just limp along.

At present we are a rudderless ship.

3 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

True, but what if the manager didn't have the power in his remit to sort the problem out and those that did had been "got to".

Whoever comes in will fail until the problem is resolved.

Here we go........Unsubstantiated rumour alert and throwing in a little clue just to give the I know more than you twist.

27 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

True, but what if the manager didn't have the power in his remit to sort the problem out and those that did had been "got to".

In that case

a. we're in far more trouble than I thought, and 

b. certain people need to stop being oblique and start acting as a critical friend.

What a poor, poor football team we are. If Carol isn't embarrassed to be in charge of this shower then she must have something wrong with her.

After a positive start to the season we've quickly become an absolute laughing stock. It's genuinely shameful to support this club right now. It has been for a while. It's an absolute car crash from top to bottom.

Archived