onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

All very good but will you be offering to pay the bill?

We haven't even backed Pugh to say its he is the manager until the end of the season let alone pay to bring a manager in!!

I'm not the custodian of the club so don't need to pay the bill but I would think the club can't afford not to pay the bill to bring someone in.

I'm sure I won't be the only one but there is no way I continue to buy season tickets,shirts,coats etc. to watch a team play football in National League.

There will be a bigger hole in the finances for the club if we continue to drift.

12 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

The fans wanted Askey gone at any cost even though it was obvious to anybody with half a brain that Askey wasn't the problem.

The fans got there short sighted wish granted and have the nerve to complain that we haven't splashed the cash during  no income season on an experienced bloke.  

One things for sure, I bet Carol and Kevin are wondering why they paid Norman's ransome to save the club for such an ungrateful and entitled bunch of idiots.

As usual in your arrogant manner you forget it was Carol who decided she didn't want Askey, she pulled the trigger, she didn't have to it was her choice.

It’s going to be a long few months. Before Saturday, I was pretty sure we’d avoid a relegation battle, but I’m stuck in two minds now. 

We’ve got a group of players who are clearly low on confidence. We are in desperate need of an experienced head to sort the lot out. I’m not convinced Pugh, Sinclair, Paynter and Griff can provide that. It’s time Carol - do the right thing. 

The game itself was woeful. Two poor sides. 

We are crying out for CB. What’s happened to Smith? He’s a shadow of his former self. Mills and Fitz are simply not good enough. They don’t supplement the style we’ve been successful with in the past. For example, last season we had Gibbo/Clark/Monty who all offered something going forward. Let’s hope Gibbo and Monty start on Saturday. 

Conlon was head and shoulders above any player tonight. He oozes class. We will be very, very lucky if he’s still a Vale player at the end of the month. Taylor hasn’t really got going yet. Let’s just hope Manny can stay fit. 

Rodney is proving to be a big miss. I’m unsure on Guthrie. Cullen was awful. 

Saturday is now massive...

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Not at all. I donate to Save the Children each month and have also donated to Carol’s charity, The Hubb Foundation. 

What I do feel very wary of, is the club and club operations being dragged into a charity that should be run as a separate entity. 

If as you suggest, we should pay an experienced manager instead of feeding starving kids, then yes we damn well should. We are a pro football club, not UNICEF. 

I donate to feed kids by my own means. However I support a football club to entertain me and win games. We are not doing that...which really makes us a bit pointless. 

Onto the ignore list you go... don't have time for it.

Didn't like the team line up tonight, it looked far to open and we were undone again by long balls leaving 1:1 situations which Vale's defenders can't deal with.

Vale have to tighten up/be more compact, 4-3-3 going forward morphing to a  4-5-1 when defending perhaps best suits the players Vale have. We'd lost tonight's game after 26 mins.

Vale have to scrap their way out of this situation, ugly wins and ugly draws.

Frank Sinclair may be a great guy but on the touchline he is too much heart and not enough head.

A win vs Southend on Saturday will make everything look brighter.

Nofinikea

Exactly right. Get Askey back.

Valiant 593 

We have been incredibly unlucky in games and with injuries since the FA Cup exit.

As with the loss of Pope.

There may well be issues that we are not aware of but facts we are aware of are the loss of revenue, the payment to Smurthwaite, the loss of home fans who have a reputation of making life difficult for away teams and the match officials at Vale Park. 

Just stop bloody panicking and give Pugh chance to do the job he has been asked to do.

We have a damn site better chance of staying in the football league if we concentrate on rebuilding confidence in the squad we have.

As Micky Adams said and did the first thing is to stop conceding goals. You don't do that playing 4-4-2

5 at the back like Scunny second half tonight.

Just now, andy jones said:

give Pugh chance to do the job he has been asked to do.

Why not give a manager with a game of EFL experience the same chance? Why does Pugh deserve 'a chance'?

The job he has been asked to do is be a caretaker whilst we identify the best appointment; not be on a trial run for a job he's barely qualified to do.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Its dead easy to use the "can we afford not to" argument that I have seen often on these pages, especially when you aren't the one having to find the many thousands of pounds to do it during a season with no income.  

In 6 months you will want whoever is brought in at vast expense paying off and somebody else bringing in.

We had a long term strategy.  It was experiencing its first bump in the road and suddenly Askeys head was required on a spike at the main gates.

Stability,  thats what this club has had every time its had any success.  Will you learn though? Nah, just keep demanding things like spoilt kids.

PVFC's motto should be etched under the badge.

'The fans are to blame'.

5 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Didn't like the team line up tonight, it looked far to open and we were undone again by long balls leaving 1:1 situations which Vale's defenders can't deal with.

Vale have to tighten up/be more compact, 4-3-3 going forward morphing to a  4-5-1 when defending perhaps best suits the players Vale have. We'd lost tonight's game after 26 mins.

Vale have to scrap their way out of this situation, ugly wins and ugly draws.

Frank Sinclair may be a great guy but on the touchline he is too much heart and not enough head.

A win vs Southend on Saturday will make everything look brighter.

It's not the formation, it's the players, with an exception of Conlon and to an extent Worrall at the moment, they are just rubbish.  We played 4-4-2 against an awful Grimsby team and got a win, the next 3 games we went 4-3-3 and looked really poor, going back to a more defensive approach, I would still have zero confidence in this spineless bunch to get anything even on Saturday.

Just now, Nofinikea said:

Check what I have been saying since November.  A half smart 5 year old could have worked it out.

I did follow your conspiracy theories which I found amusing.

A half smart 5 year old could see things where not right on the pitch and change was needed. If it was all down to JA poor management, signings and tactics or not its all irrelevant.

If a team keeps losing and players are not giving 100% effort the buck stops with the manager. He's paid to sort it including behind the scene problems.

Archived