onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

7 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

First half defensively cost us. First goal is something you’d be gutted by at a Sunday morning game let alone at a pro level. Second again we allowed a striker to turn and get a pass off. Could Brown have done better? 

Second half our tempo and intensity was better (how could it not be) but i put that in large part down to the introduction of Gibbo, I think his tenacity and urgency lifts us. it also stopped their left hand side from playing too, they were nowhere near as dangerous down there. I see Joyce is getting a lot of stick but I thought we had more options with him and we were managing to switch it right to left much better. Am I alone I’m thinking that we should have done better from that in swinging Conlon free kick? It was begging to be attacked. We huffed and puffed without really creating too much or getting that bit of luck we needed when it was dropping in the box. The story of it is that we were undone by ourselves again with those 2 goals, they’re preventable, it’s not like they were moments of brilliance. 

Smith awful. Brown poor too.

Second half Scunthorpe didnt push on at all. More to do with that i think. Yes we had the ball but created nothing really.

Joyce may have failed in 10 passes but at least he tried. Where was Taylor. Saw mire of him second half than first.

Yes we gave ghe goals away but once again no goals in us.

1 hour ago, southport vale said:

Bloody hell Vale I'm 68 and still could give
Zak Mills a run for his money

I’m only 65 but am full of arthritis and have a false knee, but I too could skin him and get a decent ball into the box. 

Problem is we keep Pugh and Sinclair there is a good chance we go down. We replace them and do we get who we want? Will end up being rushed. We should not be in this position! Askey stayed about 3 weeks too long and a shortlist of good quality managers should have been done then, managers with league experience. We’ve had one manager since Horton with more than half a seasons league experience and he is the only manager to have us promoted. We have great owners but they have dropped a clanger if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Struggling for positives but here are a few:

- Another half of football for Gibbons. Inching towards getting a decent right back fit and playing again.

- Another half for Amoo, Okyleke back for a 10 mins too. Again getting closer to having a stronger first 11.

- We tried 442. Yes we lost 2-0 but i didnt personally feel we got overrun in midfield. Something to think about for future games.

- Worral. Yes no goals or assists but I enjoyed his yellow card. Nice to see one of our players give a hoot.

Yes i know this is scrapping the bottom of the barrel but it can't get worse surely?

want a bet?😒

9 minutes ago, pete vale said:

Has Monty been self isolating?  Rodney all we've got up front, has a 'minor' injury? Full backs shocking.

I feel awful for Carol and Kevin and for us all tbh. We have backed the club, they have backed the club. We have everything in place except perhaps the most important thing - A FOOTBALL TEAM

I can only imagine how the Shanahan's feel, I think even a temporary manager like Horton or Adams to kick some arse and keep it tight until season end is the least to be done.

What a piss take it would be for us to lose league status now after all the sh*t we put up with the Fat Controller. For Notts County read PVFC.

My worry are the owners. Hope they dont give in.

They have started and not they must continue. That is a must for a new manager now.

As for the players WOW massive job to sort them out

9 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Embarrassing that tweet from Legge, been a great captain for us and a good player. Very unprofessional and not something you’d expect from a seasoned player like him.

I dont believe Pugh when he says Legge is still part of the squad.

Legge is going, wont play for us again. After tonight we do need him

Archived