onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Yes i am for real.

She/Vale have sleep walked into this situation with a blind loyalty that everything was rosy. 

We won 1 out of 12 in what may possibly be Boltons worst performance in maybe 20 years.

A new manager was a MUST , as others have said Pugh is Michael Brown in waiting.

So no personally i don't feel sorry for her.

Yes fantastic she saved us from oblivion and is a genuine fan.

Just don't think knows much about Football on the pitch, and yes i'll get pelters i'm sure . But i'd hazard a guess her knowledge of managers and their quality or lack of quality is minimal.

Oblivion may be a reality if this crap continues.

Advert

I'm a bloke who doesn't get too up or down but we are staring into the abyss here...on the 26th January.We are terrible. Someone mentioned we play like schoolboys...I've had better U16s. It is bewildering and frightening how poor we are. Where is the next point, not even goal, coming from? 

We are in a very dangerous position...tonight could finish up 5-0 and we are in freefall. We definitely need a new managerial set up but...it will still be this bunch of shirts on the pitch!!!!

Genuinely very worried by their body language, levels of organisation and desire to play for Vale....hope I'm wong.

You know what’s going to happen now, he’ll bring on Gibbo and expect a half fit right back to change the game. That’s how bad we are, I think we’ve fallen apart without the form of Monty, Gibbo and Clark to link up play with wingers. 

They’ve done their homework on hurst and doubled up and he’s struggled. Guthrie and Cullen look exactly what they are - a pairing who don’t know each other yet. Worrall and Mills play like strangers. Whilst Fitzpatrick just doesn’t join it at all up front. 

Maybe playing Taylor in a midfield 2 shackles him a bit too much? 

2 poor goals to concede again. 

People moaning about the distribution from the defence but with no options in front of them then what else can they do? 

Wtf has happened to the almost playoff team 12 months ago to this? Confidence is one thing but this squad wasn't that bad at all last season. We were the form team. Then we had the best defence in the league earlier this season. 

Something has gone so badly wrong. Probably a number of things. And we will probably never know what. 

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Yeah but you wanted Askey out so much it hurt and now think it wasn’t a good idea... not sure your credibility is at an all time high right now!!

This is Askey's team. We were just as poor against Mansfield as we are tonight.

Removing Askey was the correct decision. Putting some youth team coaches in charge was not.

Get a manager appointed, pronto.

It’s pretty clear to me Pugh is tactically inept, maybe as bad as Brown. Could anyone please tell me what we are trying to do to score a goal? What are our tactics, or our philosophy? All I can see is long ball and sh*te crosses. We’ve had one shot that went straight down the keeper throat. 
I mentioned this earlier no pattern to our play just hoof and hope

Just now, Joe B said:

This is Askey's team. We were just as poor against Mansfield as we are tonight.

Removing Askey was the correct decision. Putting some youth team coaches in charge was not.

Get a manager appointed, pronto.

Yeah now the fans are in the wrong for wanting askey out. Unbelievable 

Points on Carol which have annoyed me :

- How she basically came out and said it’s Pugh’s job to lose because we won against Grimsby.

- The whole Pugh is a nice guy and the players like him. 

- Her saying that players rang her to apologise after Askey was sacked. As if she thought we were suddenly going to go on a long unbeaten run.

- The fact that she said that’s she’s barely looked at any applications. What message does that give?

- Wanting to just ‘get through’ this season with half of the season to go. 

On the whole she’s been a breath of fresh air and I really want us to be successful under her. However, she can’t be immune to criticism.

Just my opinion.

People now victory lapping, claiming 'we shouldn't have sacked Askey after all!' as a squad built by him slips to 2 wins in 17 (he's only been gone 5 games and one of those wins came after his departure) in a season we expected top 7, look really, really daft.

If clubs like Morecambe can afford Derek Adams in COVID conditions, why can't we appoint someone with a degree of competency?

3 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

The worrying thing is that 90% of us saw this coming. Pugh was never going to be the man for the job. We’ve gone down this route before and it’s not worked. Do we ever learn? 

I’d go fo 100% of sane fans predicting this  !!!!!!

Archived