onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, TJHValiant said:

Carol needs to open her wallet. If I wanted to watch crap football with amateur staff, I would have been content with Smurfwaite running the show. The fact we have gone weeks without a decent replacement will prove the ruin of the club.

I was all for sacking Askey...with the expectation a guaranteed upgrade had been found. 

To be fair ... everyone kept asking who we would want to replace the man. There was no obvious answer.

You never said Askey out as long as someone better comes in. There was all sorts of vitriol about how he HAD TO GO. No qualification. Clear demands.

You, and me got what we wanted... back peddling from it now makes no difference. 

Why should this come as any surprise? Despite his UEFA A badge, Sinclair has no experience of managing league football and his track record in non-league is dreadful. We couldn't and shouldn't have expected anything better.

It's time to bite the bullet, appoint a proper manager and clear out the dross. Loads of people on this site, me included, said that appointing from within the club would not work and it isn't. Expensive, yes - but if our owners don't want to see their whole investment go down the drain, they have to act. 

How on earth did we get to this point yet again?  

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Don’t see why we sacked Askey to not appoint anyone. I honestly think we’d have done better with him still in charge.

Askey had to be sacked but the mistake has been made by not having anyone lined up like you should.  Lots of teams sack a manager and then you see someone has been appointed within a few days.  We were hoping Pugh would get some good results and keep him until the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Playa Amodores said:

I’m not convinced anyone at the club knows what they’re doing or what needs to be done. It’s very disappointing 

I tried to make this point a while back and got slated for it. Big decisions are passing us by and we are just nose diving into the national league. Really do respect Carol abs Kevin but they are getting this MASSIVELY wrong. All the good they have done will be forgotten of this carry’s on. 

1 minute ago, Iron Curtain said:

To be fair ... everyone kept asking who we would want to replace the man. There was no obvious answer.

You never said Askey out as long as someone better comes in. There was all sorts of vitriol about how he HAD TO GO. No qualification. Clear demands.

You, and me got what we wanted... back peddling from it now makes no difference. 

There was an answer mate.

His team are currently 2 up at Exeter and 3rd in the table.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

Indeed. Getting rid of him was the right decision. Nobody back-peddled, we all put forward names we wanted. I wanted Ian Holloway. 

Nobody sincerely thought, “yeah let’s get rid of Askey, Pugh will be better”. 

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

Why should this come as any surprise? Despite his UEFA A badge, Sinclair has no experience of managing league football and his track record in non-league is dreadful. We couldn't and shouldn't have expected anything better.

It's time to bite the bullet, appoint a proper manager and clear out the dross. Loads of people on this site, me included, said that appointing from within the club would not work and it isn't. Expensive, yes - but if our owners don't want to see their whole investment go down the drain, they have to act. 

How on earth did we get to this point yet again?  

As I have previously posted a Uefa A badge means nothing. Arlesey Town’s manager has one...as does his assistant. 

It’s just sad to see how bad we really are. Every week I get my hopes up thinking we surely can’t get beat again. By another side lower in league! And of course we get beaten easily. The league is so poor morcambe and Cambridge flying. Let’s hope Grimsby and Southend pick up less points than us! Not sure they will though. 

Carol please please please get interviewing for a proper football manager otherwise we will be non league next season 

Archived