onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Scunthorpe United v Port Vale

Fosse69

If you old enough you are good enough in comes the youth team goalie for me on tues and heres my team 

Collings

Gibbons new ch or reinstate Legge Brisley Brisley Montano 

Worrall Burgess Taylor Hurst 

Cullen Guthrie 

Hopefully we get the run of the ball in this game I've dropped a few I've got for more legs with Burgess who plays well with Taylor .

The other changes are due to poor to average performance levels ,you cannot keep picking people on last seasons efforts ,its history as we will be if folk do no improve ten fold 

Fitzpatrick ,Mills,Smith and Joyce are dropped .

Conlon not dropped just feel you need the right balance in the midfield Conlons like a free man well if we are winning and we playing well he would add to that in a crisis which we are in we do not free roaming players we need a rigid 4-4-2 with legs UTV 

Advert

If you old enough you are good enough in comes the youth team goalie for me on tues and heres my team 
       Collings
       Cullen Guthrie 
Hopefully we get the run of the ball in this game I've dropped a few I've got for more legs with Burgess who plays well with Taylor .
The other changes are due to poor to average performance levels ,you cannot keep picking people on last seasons efforts ,its history as we will be if folk do no improve ten fold 
Conlon not dropped just feel you need the right balance in the midfield Conlons like a free man well if we are winning and we playing well he would add to that in a crisis which we are in we do not free roaming players we need a rigid 4-4-2 with legs UTV 
So you drop the captain who was the stand out player on Saturday....I don't know why I bite at your fishing posts.

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Collings

Cullen Guthrie 

Funniest post of the year so far......................

19 minutes ago, Mario said:
26 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:
       Collings
       Cullen Guthrie 

So you drop the captain who was the stand out player on Saturday....I don't know why I bite at your fishing posts.

Tbh he did play ok sat along with Worrall Brisley Cullen Gibbo  but we need play Guthrie and Cullen together in ten mins we were more decent than the 80 beforehand unless I was watching another game ok put Conlon in hursts position then it just means we will width one wing and a player who comes inside on the other so we will not stretch the opposition on the left side then.

If we play one up front may aswell forfeit the game as we are as sharp and have as much thrust as a virgin who's never made love ,and has no idea ,that's us with one up front it makes all our strikers look abject ,I think they are not our system makes them seem that 

Brown

gibbons

brisley

smith

montano

worrall

conlon

joyce

taylor

(diamond with Worrall at the 10)

Rodney

Cullen

Doesn’t work - take the worst mid off, Amoo on and go 442 

What’s the obsession with 433? When you’ve got <ovf censored> players playing that formation it just means you get overrun in midfield and somehow simultaneously have no support for a lone striker. The players need a simple formation with a simple task to do. Defend - I do X, attack - I do Y. The players aren’t capable of anything else so just set up with players behind the ball and score off a set piece, especially away from home.

18 hours ago, blackdog said:

Funniest post of the year so far......................

Whys that you cannot carry doing the same things over and over maybe the youth team goalie gets off his line ,that why Brown should be rested ,dropped or whatever you call it .

As for Amoo quite clearly not enjoying his football his body language tells me that ,when was the last game he set up a goal or scored one his performance levels have not being high .

Smith if you watch most of the games like I have done in his career then you will wonder how he is picked so often ,a mistake waiting to happen most games I mean this is harsh but sat the second goal the goal which gave Walsall a big leg up more so because the game was drifting to a 1-1 draw  he gets done by the ball to adebayo who leaves him for dead then he is seen jogging back no commitment about two mins after the ball hits the back of our net  ,I could go on theres load of occasions where his mistakes have cost us goals and give momentum to the other sides momentum they wouldn't have got if someone decent played in his position .

Joyce constantly not at it ,behind the play ,slow to the ball and having a terrible season ,on sat he was not brave when that ball come in for the second goal he should have got there and headed clear  another who is jogging through games,I do not see the commitment required and I feel that what the hell do you need a holding midfielder for ,is that because theres players in your defence who cannot do there jobs .

Fitzpatrick nice passer of the ball but very limited defensively and if I'm correct in saying this is as no assists from left back ,the second and third were as much his and Smith's docileness as Browns terribleness .

MIlls I thought he generally did ok sat but I prefer Gibbons he offers more way more than a lot of our players offer .

So black dog i ain't actually trying be funny I'm actually trying get me head around Vale constantly giving poor undeserved in some games goals away to opposition who are are about as good as us ,not better ,but made to look better by our players giving them goals on a regular basis goals they do not have to work hard to get .

8 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Whys that you cannot carry doing the same things over and over maybe the youth team goalie gets off his line ,that why Brown should be rested ,dropped or whatever you call it .

As for Amoo quite clearly not enjoying his football his body language tells me that ,when was the last game he set up a goal or scored one his performance levels have not being high .

Smith if you watch most of the games like I have done in his career then you will wonder how he is picked so often ,a mistake waiting to happen most games I mean this is harsh but sat the second goal the goal which gave Walsall a big leg up more so because the game was drifting to a 1-1 draw  he gets done by the ball to adebayo who leaves him for dead then he is seen jogging back no commitment about two mins after the ball hits the back of our net  ,I could go on theres load of occasions where his mistakes have cost us goals and give momentum to the other sides momentum they wouldn't have got if someone decent played in his position .

Joyce constantly not at it ,behind the play ,slow to the ball and having a terrible season ,on sat he was not brave when that ball come in for the second goal he should have got there and headed clear  another who is jogging through games,I do not see the commitment required and I feel that what the hell do you need a holding midfielder for ,is that because theres players in your defence who cannot do there jobs .

Fitzpatrick nice passer of the ball but very limited defensively and if I'm correct in saying this is as no assists from left back ,the second and third were as much his and Smith's docileness as Browns terribleness .

MIlls I thought he generally did ok sat but I prefer Gibbons he offers more way more than a lot of our players offer .

So black dog i ain't actually trying be funny I'm actually trying get me head around Vale constantly giving poor undeserved in some games goals away to opposition who are are about as good as us ,not better ,but made to look better by our players giving them goals on a regular basis goals they do not have to work hard to get .

It was hilarious, you had 12 players in the side and you dropped Conlon the one bright spark recently,

20 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Collings

Cullen Guthrie 

Yes! Absolute vintage.

Not confident in a win at all.  If we keep it below 4 we will do well.  No doubt we will go defensive in formation and tactics and that will be our undoing as our defence and midfield like to watch their markers rush past them and score.

1 striker up front who will be marked by 2 defenders and wont get a chance as he will be battered by them.  The wingers will lob in balls that he has no chance of doing anything with it.  Defence and midfield will just hoof everything up field and it will go straight to a scunny player who will no doubt do more with the ball than our lot can at the moment.

Please, pretty please Vale players prove me and the others totally wrong and win this game.  I dare you 🤪🤣

19 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I would guess that if we dont get a striker in then we will set up 4-3-3 again unless he teams Cullen up with Guthrie but thats all we have available now up top apart from the young lad Bailey

I think we would have set up 4-4-2 had Rodney been fit on Saturday. I think with the players we have, coupled with a lack of shots on target and an increasing impatient fan base, we need to give 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 a prolonged run. 

If everyone was fit and raring to go, I would like to see this team:

Brown

Gibbo  Brisley  New CH  Monty

Amoo  Manny  Conlon  Worrall

Guthrie Rodney

For Tuesday, I guess Smith , Mills (if we are still easing Gibbo back), Fitz (if Monty is still isolating) Taylor and Cullen come in.

We have to take it to teams and be aggressive. Only a number of wins will bring back any sort of feel good factor. 

I think we would have set up 4-4-2 had Rodney been fit on Saturday. I think with the players we have, coupled with a lack of shots on target and an increasing impatient fan base, we need to give 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 a prolonged run. 
If everyone was fit and raring to go, I would like to see this team:
                   Brown
Gibbo  Brisley  New CH  Monty
Amoo  Manny  Conlon  Worrall
            Guthrie Rodney

For Tuesday, I guess Smith , Mills (if we are still easing Gibbo back), Fitz (if Monty is still isolating) Taylor and Cullen come in.
We have to take it to teams and be aggressive. Only a number of wins will bring back any sort of feel good factor. 

Monty should be available but from what Pugh was saying it sounds like Rodney is unlikely

If Monty is available then we have a couple of players that seem to give a damn on the pitch.

Conlon, Worrall, Gibbons, Monty and Brown.  Taylor seems to try and is early days for him. 

Think Rodney will be unavailable due to injury so not included in the tries list.

The others just seem to go through the motions of being a footballer at the moment.

If Monty is available then we have a couple of players that seem to give a damn on the pitch.
Conlon, Worrall, Gibbons, Monty and Brown.  Taylor seems to try and is early days for him. 
Think Rodney will be unavailable due to injury so not included in the tries list.
The others just seem to go through the motions of being a footballer at the moment.

I think Smith tries- he’s just struggling at the moment

Archived