2 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Indecision is not the same as lack of effort. To accuse arguably our best player of the last few years of not trying is shameful. Some on here are acting like spoilt entitled toddlers.

Don’t think anyone is acting like that. Probably just want us to win a bloody game of football! Not too much to ask

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand why people don’t want Sinclair as manager completely. I don’t understand where this complete hatred for him has come from. It’s a bit odd.

This isn't me getting all aboard the Sinclair train by any stretch. I'd be quite happy to wake up tomorrow morning to find Sinclair Pugh and half the playing staff have been shipped out by a new manag

The view that we “dipped” after Sinclair arrived is false. He was appointed in August. Prior to the Kings Lynn game we were flying high in the table and that was in November. In terms of coaching

I think plenty are. The bizarre animosity towards the coaches - claiming Sinclair smirked, analysing the body language in the dugout, the empty nasty little rumours that people can't back up - throwing hissy fits and stating decent professionals aren't trying, demanding statements whenever something upsets them. Bratty little babies. It's embarrassing reading this forum sometimes, it;s like Springfield. I completely understand that people are frustrated but it so quickly becomes a witch hunt with people rapidly forming vendettas. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just seen Sinclair’s interview. Obviously a disappointing result but very professional interview and not going off the deep end as I guess you’d expect from someone who’s been in the game at a decent level and done a lot of training. 

• Like 2

No! He was smirking because he found it amusing that he had lost his first game managing us. Don't you see? The man is evil incarnate and he was laughing up at Carol, mocking her dreams and aspirations. I have analysed his body language and I'm pretty sure he actually does a little fist bump when Brown let that first goal in (because he couldn't be bothered saving it).

• Like 1

Advert:

I’ve been saying this for weeks, the criticism of Sinclair is a disgrace. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s not trying his best at his job, which is working with the academy. Suddenly he’s found himself having to help with the first team, and again I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s not giving his all. These nasty rumours blaming him for everything, without a single shred of evidence, are really poor and I’m growing really sick of them. I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 6

I’ve been saying this for weeks, the criticism of Sinclair is a disgrace. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s not trying his best at his job, which is working with the academy. Suddenly he’s found himself having to help with the first team, and again I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s not giving his all. These nasty rumours blaming him for everything, without a single shred of evidence, are really poor and I’m growing really sick of them. I’m glad I’m not the only one.
Tbf mate, I don't think the situation has helped. Whether his fault or not, our form has nosedived since Sinclairs arrival last March. Someone said earlier we have only been poor since Kings Lynn, however I'd say, we haven't been anywhere near the side we were last Season. Other than perhaps Exeter away and Forest Green at home.
Then we have Askey coming out with the odd comments about "strange things happening".
Sorry but no one wanted Askey out last Season and you don't become a poor manager overnight, so it comes across at times as though John was stabbed in the back.
I just wish Carol would do a clean sweep and bring in an experienced manager and allow him to bring in, the management team he wants.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Tbf mate, I don't think the situation has helped. Whether his fault or not, our form has nosedived since Sinclairs arrival last March. Someone said earlier we have only been poor since Kings Lynn, however I'd say, we haven't been anywhere near the side we were last Season. Other than perhaps Exeter away and Forest Green at home.
Then we have Askey coming out with the odd comments about "strange things happening".
Sorry but no one wanted Askey out last Season and you don't become a poor manager overnight, so it comes across at times as though John was stabbed in the back.
I just wish Carol would do a clean sweep and bring in an experienced manager and allow him to bring in, the management team he wants.

So basically people are putting 2+2 together and getting 5. Correlation does not mean causation. Sinclair doesn’t even work with the first team in his normal role, he’s an academy coach that’s supposed to be bridging the gap between them and the first team. People are just looking for a scapegoat and Sinclair for some reason has become an easy target. 

I’d also point out that people who are saying he’s unqualified are also wrong imo. He holds a UEFA A license which is more than enough of a qualification to be working with our academy. People who point to his previous managerial experience as not being qualified for me are missing the point. Being a coach is vastly different to being a manager. He could be a great coach and terrible manager. Obviously he’s not qualified for the current position with the first team, but he’s there due to current needs and I’d be very surprised if he was still assistant manager long term.

• Like 2

Advert:

He was right but he totally contradicted his manager who said we weren't in a relegation dog fight. How do we expect the players to be organised and play as a team when the management staff can't. So even if he's not the problem he's certainly not the answer.