onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smirking Sinclair

theresonlyonemcphee

10 hours ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Posted on the match thread about this but thought it deserved its own.

Did anyone else see Sinclair smirking up at the director’s box when walking off the pitch today?

Who was he smirking at? And what the bloody hell has he got to smirk about?!

Guessing from his post-match interview it’s because he thought we played magnificently.

Experienced manager ASAP please!!

He wouldn't be smirking (if he was) if 4,000 Vale fans hadn't purchased ST's, he would not have a job.

Someone needs to sort this <ovf censored> out, will Vale ever change? I think so with Carol and Kevin personally but it needs to be done now. We are only a couple of bad results away from being in trouble and the window will be closed.

Advert

The view that we “dipped” after Sinclair arrived is false. He was appointed in August. Prior to the Kings Lynn game we were flying high in the table and that was in November.

In terms of coaching credentials he holds the UEFA A badge which I suspect is a higher coaching qualification that anyone on OVF and potentially higher than anyone currently at the club (I believe Pugh has his UEFA B badge).

The very simple fact is that a significant number of the playing squad are just not good enough. Of those who are good enough I would suggest only Conlon and Worrall (and perhaps Rodders) have performed at anything like their potential.

This season has become one of surviving both the 46 games to stay up and for the club to get through COVID. Once we have achieved those two things a huge rebuild job is required and such needs to be led by a quality managerial candidate.

I can’t believe a thread has been created due to a persons facial expression captured in isolation with no context . Smirking can be someone’s reaction to a bad situation . It’s definitely silly season at onevalefan ! I’m more concerned at the comical goals we conceded . That will defo have a few smirking when it’s re ran 50 times on sky sports news as gaff of the day .

33 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

For f's sake, grow up! "Lack of effort". Seriously?

He came out of his goal like bambi his indecision cost the goal as did his indecision with the second he should dominate the 6 yd box, the 3rd well sh2t happens that was the pitches fault.

3 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

The view that we “dipped” after Sinclair arrived is false. He was appointed in August. Prior to the Kings Lynn game we were flying high in the table and that was in November.

In terms of coaching credentials he holds the UEFA A badge which I suspect is a higher coaching qualification that anyone on OVF and potentially higher than anyone currently at the club (I believe Pugh has his UEFA B badge).

The very simple fact is that a significant number of the playing squad are just not good enough. Of those who are good enough I would suggest only Conlon and Worrall (and perhaps Rodders) have performed at anything like their potential.

This season has become one of surviving both the 46 games to stay up and for the club to get through COVID. Once we have achieved those two things a huge rebuild job is required and such needs to be led by a quality managerial candidate.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chelsea-leicester-port-vale-sinclair-3921376

Actually he's been here since March 2020

13 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Someone has made a good point on FB. Whether Sinclair has been the cause of issues at the Club or not, what experience does he have to be a coach. Yeah years as a top player, however it doesn't guarantee he's good at coaching. His record in management is certainly shocking.

To be fair what made the likes of Glover and Grew any good as coaches? For years Vale ran a rubbish old boys network. 

I have no issue with the likes of Pugh and Sinclair at the club. We need a decent figurehead to lead them. Look at Rob Page...he has done so well getting to the level of Welsh national team boss and did well at Vale. 

I doubt that would have happened without having Adams to learn from.

What I would love is just a decent old head to help out these guys. Rudge was meant to be doing that was Aspin but I do doubt he is actually a relevant figure to do it. After all, he last managed 20 years ago! 

Anyone in touch we recent top level coaching methods, the game has changed a lot in 5 years. 

I think "Smirkgate" is just a continuation of the conspiracy theory that all our problems are down to Sinclair's Machiavellian off-pitch activities...which have never been proven, nor, even, satisfactorily aired?

This quote from the article, however, is worrying: "...Sinclair is working with the defence to help the Vale as they look to push on and secure a place in the play-offs.

Askey added: “It is working on the shape of the back four and getting them to work together..." 

3 hours ago, Mario said:

He came out of his goal like bambi his indecision cost the goal as did his indecision with the second he should dominate the 6 yd box, the 3rd well sh2t happens that was the pitches fault.

Indecision is not the same as lack of effort. To accuse arguably our best player of the last few years of not trying is shameful. Some on here are acting like spoilt entitled toddlers.

17 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Indecision is not the same as lack of effort. To accuse arguably our best player of the last few years of not trying is shameful. Some on here are acting like spoilt entitled toddlers.

I accused Brown of indecision yesterday NOT a lack of effort, a very good instinctive shot stopper but prone to be indecisive especially when he's rooted to the line like he was yesterday for the 2nd, what he has done over the last few years has no bearing on his performance yesterday.

33 minutes ago, Mario said:

I accused Brown of indecision yesterday NOT a lack of effort, a very good instinctive shot stopper but prone to be indecisive especially when he's rooted to the line like he was yesterday for the 2nd, what he has done over the last few years has no bearing on his performance yesterday.

It's fair enough to say he was indecisive yesterday, it was possibly his worst performance in a Vale shirt. My comment about someone saying there was a lack of effort for the first goal wasn't in relation to your post though. 

Archived