3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If the players are in dispute with the coaching staff I would agree it is a mess but I’m not sure how that is Garlick’s fault. 

I think it's just the idea of a bit of organisation and leadership. I can't believe this situation has reached this point. Such small, solvable issues have snowballed.

If Garlick isn't the man to provide the direction to get us out of this mess, who is? Maybe Garlick is just taking the hit on behalf of the lack of direction at present, but I suppose that's part and parcel of being a CEO (taking the hit, being the shield, articulating the response).

Edited by Joe B

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who else are we going to blame next?  It was Askey's fault.  It's Carol's fault.  It's Pugh's fault.  It's Carol's lad's fault?  Now it's Colin Garlick's fault???  Bloody hell this is crazy.

Would we even be having all this finger pointing if we were 7th in the league and Askey was in still charge?  Probably not - Garlick would then be the steady Eddie behind the scenes helping us to stab

Fed up of this now, it's pointless. The club are facing a relegation crisis, a results crisis and a financial one and people want Colin Garlick gone! He's literally the least of our worries. 

I thought Legge was all about proving how good the players are and making no excuses - on Twitter. Now people are saying he might not play again? Probably missed it but wtf has happened in that space of time?

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I think it's just the idea of a bit of organisation and leadership. I can't believe this situation has reached this point. Such small, solvable issues have snowballed.

If Garlick isn't the man to provide the direction to get us out of this mess, who is? Maybe Garlick is just taking the hit on behalf of the lack of direction at present, but I suppose that's part and parcel of being a CEO (taking the hit, being the shield, articulating the response).

As CEO, he should absolutely be taking the hit for the lack of direction.

Google a CEO's job description:

• Developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
  • Leading and motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement & develop a high performing managerial team
  • Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission

13 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

• Developing high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
  • Leading and motivating subordinates to advance employee engagement & develop a high performing managerial team
  • Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission

Is that for a football club or Microsoft?!

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Maybe so. Ed Woodward took massive flak for years from Man United fans but the club kept him in the job.

I'm not hearing much credit coming Woodward's way now United are top of the league but I'm sure the Glazer's know what they're doing employing him as CEO.

• Like 2

Advert:

35 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Yes, I agree, but that’s not relevant to us surely. 
He will confirm with the owners if we can afford to sign players and sort out all red tape stuff etc.

He won’t scout them, sign them or play them. 
I fail to see why he’s a scapegoat for the mess we are in, and we are in deep mire.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Is that for a football club or Microsoft?!

Are you having a joke?

Literally applies to both. Driving a business forward/driving a football club forward. 

I'm still waiting on your reply to my question "do you think we're progressing under Garlick?"

The only argument you've made defending him is that he's sent you a few emails once.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Are you having a joke?

Literally applies to both. Driving a business forward/driving a football club forward. 

I'm still waiting on your reply to my question "do you think we're progressing under Garlick?"

The only argument you've made defending him is that he's sent you a few emails once.

We are in a better situation now than we were when Colin Garlick came to the club. 

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We are in a better situation now than we were when Colin Garlick came to the club. 

Not too difficult and not sure it’s even down to him that we’re in a better position 

Advert:

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Not too difficult and not sure it’s even down to him that we’re in a better position 

So if it's not down to him that we are in a better position, how come it is down to him that we are in "chaos" at the moment? 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, valeparklife said:

We haven't even heard from Garlick in months.

You're not listening.  He gave a long interview with the Senile a couple of weeks ago about the managerial situation.

Advert:

12 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You're not listening.  He gave a long interview with the Senile a couple of weeks ago about the managerial situation.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. 

After reading through his interview, all it alludes to is "we haven't got a clue who to appoint so it will be given to Danny Pugh".

Beyond (not) appointing a proper manager, what else does he do? What else has he done?

10 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Don't be stupid.  If football was like any other business there would only be a handful of professional clubs.  The rest would have gone bust years ago.

Absolute nonsense.

If football clubs were ran like proper businesses then there wouldn't be so many in financial turmoil.

Do you understand what the purpose of a business is? To create wealth for shareholders. Ergo, things have to be run correctly with the best interests of the shareholder in mind.

Football clubs are like the wild west right now with renegade owners making decisions that benefit themselves and no one else. I'm not saying that's us (anymore) but we definitely are not heading in the right direction.