I'm seeing a lot of flak directed towards Carol recently over her apparent inability to sort this mess out.

One person I've never had any confidence in during his LONG time here is Colin Garlick.

What does he do? When has he come out and informed us of the long term strategy for Port Vale and given us hope. I've seen more life at the morgue.

He's the Chief Executive, the CEO, whatever you want to call him. He is the one that should be directing football operations. He should be making big decisions. He should be driving the club forward.

Instead, he hides away in the background, overseeing failure after failure. All the while as we watch 'smaller' clubs like Crewe, Rochdale, Accrington, Cheltenham, Morecambe etc leap ahead of us.

He joined in 2016! We have gone BACKWARDS during his tenure. We were in L1 when he arrived!

Michael Brown, Neil Aspin, John Askey. These are the manager's employed under his reign. And if the owners have the final say on managers then why is he on the payroll? 

Carol has already said she's taking advice from him about our next manager. And I'm 99.9% certain that will be Danny Pugh. He's supposed to be our 'football expert'! Christ!

We talk about change being needed, let's leave Carol alone and focus on who SHOULD be running the club.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So who else are we going to blame next?  It was Askey's fault.  It's Carol's fault.  It's Pugh's fault.  It's Carol's lad's fault?  Now it's Colin Garlick's fault???  Bloody hell this is crazy.

Would we even be having all this finger pointing if we were 7th in the league and Askey was in still charge?  Probably not - Garlick would then be the steady Eddie behind the scenes helping us to stab

Fed up of this now, it's pointless. The club are facing a relegation crisis, a results crisis and a financial one and people want Colin Garlick gone! He's literally the least of our worries. 

Just thinking the exact same. If only half the rumours I am hearing are true then the club is a shambles.

He should be in control of it. But it looks like the football side, the bit I would think he would control, is in a right mess.

• Like 2

I have to agree, I thought exactly the same thing.

Surely he’s been around football long enough to know how it works, especially around the transfer windows. Yet every single year January seems to turn up a rather unpleasant surprise for us.

So what indeed does he actually add??

• Like 1

Advert:

Just now, Jacko51 said:

So who else are we going to blame next?  It was Askey's fault.  It's Carol's fault.  It's Pugh's fault.  It's Carol's lad's fault?  Now it's Colin Garlick's fault???  Bloody hell this is crazy.

Yes it is, but I’d argue it’s equally crazy to be coming towards the end of a transfer window without a permanent manager with us in absolute free fall.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Speedy ,for getting pitch free of snow today,instead of giving injured players more time to recover 😅😂😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Yes it is, but I’d argue it’s equally crazy to be coming towards the end of a transfer window without a permanent manager with us in absolute free fall.

And that is Garlick's fault??  He's the bloke, don't forget, who kept us on the right side of the law under the previous owner.

• Like 1

Its someones fault. Who do you think we need blame?

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Walter said:
14 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Its someones fault. Who do you think we need blame?

The players??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jacko51 said:

The players??

Then where do you see the problems? What do you think needs to be done? And I respect your opinion, that's why I ask, because I want to hear what a serious Vale feels about the present situation.

Advert:

9 minutes ago, Santa said:

He still has the same job title but does CG still have the same responsibilities / job spec that he did 6 months ago?

Just a secretary now, isn't he?

Point stands that some football expertise is needed at an executive level.

I'm certainly not blaming our current ills on Colin who is a decent bloke and has done a lot of good work during the transition period from Norman to Carol, but I've never been too sure what his remit is bar 'knowing the rules'. He's certainly been a part in a number of less-than-ideal managerial appointments.

Edited by Joe B