onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Colin Garlick

valeparklife

Advert

15 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

With regard to Martin Tideswell, I seem to remember he is employed by Synectics so Colin Garlick will have had nothing to do with it. 

So he has nothing do with vale, can say nothing and do nothing ? And if he does he can without Colin's say so, because Vale dont employ him.

53 minutes ago, Essex Vale said:

Theo was going to sign for Grimsby but came to Vale.  Ian Holloway slated us on social media for the type of contract we gave to Theo in order to tempt him away from Grimsby.  Subsequent events proved Ian Holloway correct.  We are now paying what Mr Holloway thought was a ridiculous salary to a player who cannot play for us.

On that point Grimsby insisted on a clause that meant a pay cut/freeze if the season was postponed/cancelled due to covid. That is why he came to us instead. The season carries on and looks like it will continue to the end come hell or high water. So no subsequent events did not have not proved Ian Holloway correct. Robinson has been crap for us and Holloway has been crap for Grimsby. Both men have been sacked/deregistered.

It's not Colin's fault if players were signed that the manager does not want or if players do not perform. He isn't the chief scout, he isn't the director football, he isn't the head of recruitment, nor is he the manager.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

And I don't understand your persistent and unpleasant attacks on the bloke when you haven't even spoken to him.  I say again, go and tell him to his face what he's doing wrong so he can put it right. 

I think you're crap at your job as well by the way - not that I've ever met you or know what your job involves.  I just know you're crap at it.

I'm "unpleasant" for questioning the 'job' he's doing at my club?

Why is he exempt from criticism?

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

I could have sworn Carol was responsible for the above decisions except obviously Brown and Aspin.

So why have we got a CEO on the payroll that is "driving forward the football side of the business"

Sounds like we don't need him if Carol is making all the decisions?

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

I despair of your persistent postings if <ovf censored> youth. He’s done that as he? You’ve had as much say as him. Like I keep saying, go to the club and ask them. Mouth off to the owners and not on a site which doesn’t represent the whole fan base . What good will it get you? Do you think it’s read and the owners will take notice of you? I’ve a message for you, they won’t. 

I thought this was a public forum to discuss opinions?

Or is free speech not allowed?

Don't read the thread if you don't wish to debate.

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Informed criticism is fine. 

It's nothing personal, I want him to succeed. As I do every manager and every player.

I'm sick to death of League Two. I'm sick to death of playing teams that bring 100 fans to VP and beat us. I'm sick to death of going to tiny grounds built from scrap and getting humiliated.

In my opinion, we are not heading in a positive direction and seem destined to repeat mistakes of old again. And I feel it's the job of the CEO to steer us in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

It's nothing personal, I want him to succeed. As I do every manager and every player.

I'm sick to death of League Two. I'm sick to death of playing teams that bring 100 fans to VP and beat us. I'm sick to death of going to tiny grounds built from scrap and getting humiliated.

In my opinion, we are not heading in a positive direction and seem destined to repeat mistakes of old again. And I feel it's the job of the CEO to steer us in the right direction.

In Industry a CEO carries the weight of the business on his shoulders. It isnt a honorary position but a job with responsibility for controlling the business, whatever that may be.  Do not know the guy and genuinely do not know what he does day to day but in industry it is not a token position. Pats on the back and plaudits when the business is thriving but equally major  responsibility should it fail.

Goes with the territory of the job.

Archived