onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Colin Garlick

valeparklife

Advert

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I  I wonder if we have too many coaches stirring the pot at the moment and none of them is providing the real leadership we need. 

Totally agree with your first paragraph about the management not asking players to play like they are.

As for the quoted bit - I think that's spot-on, too. It does seem like many popular players over the years have joined the coaching staff after retiring? And there's still talk of it going on, now, with Tom Pope  being talked up for a player/coach job?

I just think it's time to bring in someone who has had no previous connection with the club, and get rid of the backroom culture that has seen us stagnate and/or regress over recent years. Others on here have expressed a concern about over-familiarity...maybe that is one of the reasons for our deterioration? Too much is comfortable for a group of players who don't seem to have to exert themselves to get a place in the team? Not necessarily talking about the younger players - but, I do think that the lethargy and malaise may be rubbing off on them? Even since as recently as October this has been evident. Time for a new broom to do some deep sweeping? 

First they came for the manager. We didn't speak up because we weren't the manager and we still got paid.

Then they came for the owner. We didn't speak up because we weren't the owner and we still got paid.

Then they came for the CEO. We didn't speak up because we weren't the CEO and we still got paid. 

They won't come for us, we are the heroes who underperform, underachieve, fail etc etc etc...... we still get paid

6 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So who else are we going to blame next?  It was Askey's fault.  It's Carol's fault.  It's Pugh's fault.  It's Carol's lad's fault?  Now it's Colin Garlick's fault???  Bloody hell this is crazy.

Truth be known Jean - it's my fault. If I hadn't been running the pesky Ovf competitions all these years I'm almost certain we'd be in the Premier League...

9 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

What is your evidence for all of that??

Well the obvious evidence would be the run of results we were having.

What other club in the country would have kept a manager after 1 win in 10 was it, and also being knocked out of the FA Cup with an abject loss to a poor non-league side.

Around the time Askey was keeping his job, there were other managers being sacked on a better run of form that Askey was.

Clear and obvious reluctance to sack him.

I'll confess I don't have an opinion on CG . That's not sitting on the fence either. 

But we have a thread on him, now there is one about smiling John Rudge and one about Smirking Sinclair. 

The players and management are ultimately responsible for the malaise on the pitch which then leads to rumblings about other things. 

I'd suggest we are in very good hands with The Shanahan family and everything is a learning curve, we have to trust their judgement.

We can't keep having a regular turnover of owners we need stability and a plan .

If CG turns out not to be an asset I'd expect them to suss this out once the dust settles. We have been through so much crap at the club on and off the pitch as it drags you down and ruins my weekends ! 

Maybe because of the unique circumstances he's seen as an old head who's done the hard yards and can deal with the EFL and powers that be to see us through these difficult times. I'm purely guessing. 

But as someone else said he isn't missing open goals or making catastrophic errors at the back that is the players fault. 

So who else are we going to blame next?  It was Askey's fault.  It's Carol's fault.  It's Pugh's fault.  It's Carol's lad's fault?  Now it's Colin Garlick's fault???  Bloody hell this is crazy.

It’s the fan’s fault- they are not passionate or loud enough in the ground on match day

21 hours ago, Tapper said:

You lot keep talking about all the rumours, but know one is saying what they are! If the rumours  are so bad then come on let's have them.

Thought it was just me Tapper. Keep seeing various half comments.

Would be useful if someone ‘in the know’ would provid3 a list of all the rumours / leaks.  Maybe worth a separate thread

They recently knocked all the small offices into one big office and Colin has his desk in there now.
I'm wondering if the lack of privacy means people are over hearing conversations they shouldn't and the rumours are coming from that and although they are only rumours alot have turned out to be true. One thing I do know is it needs to stop it's causing havoc with the fans.

Archived