onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Colin Garlick

valeparklife

I can’t really remember when I started going as I was very young and used to spend more of the games running up and down the Bycars with some other kids from school. I’m sure I recall (I might be wrong) a night game in about 86/87 when we drew 4-4, possibly Swindon??? 

My first real (albeit vague) memory was just after we’d sold Andy Jones and the first game after, when there was a real sense of gloom because we looked toothless up front. I’m sure it was a 0-0 (possibly Blackpool) at it absolutely hammered down.  It sort of summed everything up at the time.

Then of course there was Macc, Spurs and Watford. I went the away game and I remember getting in the ground after queuing for what seemed an eternity just as Trevor Senior scored in about the 6th minute. That game was notable because we were stood at the front behind the goal and a steward moved us to the seating at the side because of overcrowding. 

Advert

50 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Then where do you see the problems? What do you think needs to be done? And I respect your opinion, that's why I ask, because I want to hear what a serious Vale feels about the present situation.

I don't know the answer to why Scott Brown performed like he did today but I'm certain he wasn't told to do that by the management.  I don't know why some of the players are contributing half what they did last season but I'm pretty sure the management haven't told them to do it.  Askey has already paid the price for this and the players came out with all that stuff about how a good man had lost his job because of them but nothing seems to have changed..I'm pretty sure the relationship between the players and some of the management team is not brilliant.  I wonder if we have too many coaches stirring the pot at the moment and none of them is providing the real leadership we need. 

I have no idea if we can afford to appoint a new manager who will shake up the club and I fully appreciate that we are playing this season in crazy times.  I do think money has been wasted on some non-footballing staff though although I'm not sure if the club or Synectics fund some of the roles. 

So in answer to your question, I haven't got a clue!

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

I don't know the answer to why Scott Brown performed like he did today but I'm certain he wasn't told to do that by the management.  I don't know why some of the players are contributing half what they did last season but I'm pretty sure the management haven't told them to do it.  Askey has already paid the price for this and the players came out with all that stuff about how a good man had lost his job because of them but nothing seems to have changed..I'm pretty sure the relationship between the players and some of the management team is not brilliant.  I wonder if we have too many coaches stirring the pot at the moment and none of them is providing the real leadership we need. 

I have no idea if we can afford to appoint a new manager who will shake up the club and I fully appreciate that we are playing this season in crazy times.  I do think money has been wasted on some non-footballing staff though although I'm not sure if the club or Synectics fund some of the roles. 

Why have we got more coaches than" Paul's of Stoke " is a mystery to me!A recipe for trouble at a lower league club.

So who else are we going to blame next?  It was Askey's fault.  It's Carol's fault.  It's Pugh's fault.  It's Carol's lad's fault?  Now it's Colin Garlick's fault???  Bloody hell this is crazy.
Carol owns the club.

Garlick, as CEO, runs the club. Therefore is responsible for managerial appointments and the football operation.

We have regressed under his tenure.

3 managers have gone.
Numerous players have come and gone.
Even the old owner has gone.

Yet we are still garbage.

What is the common denominator?

It's in plain sight.

What does he do?

Just now, valeparklife said:

Carol owns the club.

Garlick, as CEO, runs the club. Therefore is responsible for managerial appointments and the football operation.

We have regressed under his tenure.

3 managers have gone.
Numerous players have come and gone.
Even the old owner has gone.

Yet we are still garbage.

What is the common denominator?

It's in plain sight.

What does he do?

There are several players who are common denominators as well. 

42 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I can’t really remember when I started going as I was very young and used to spend more of the games running up and down the Bycars with some other kids from school. I’m sure I recall (I might be wrong) a night game in about 86/87 when we drew 4-4, possibly Swindon??? 

My first real (albeit vague) memory was just after we’d sold Andy Jones and the first game after, when there was a real sense of gloom because we looked toothless up front. I’m sure it was a 0-0 (possibly Blackpool) at it absolutely hammered down.  It sort of summed everything up at the time.

Then of course there was Macc, Spurs and Watford. I went the away game and I remember getting in the ground after queuing for what seemed an eternity just as Trevor Senior scored in about the 6th minute. That game was notable because we were stood at the front behind the goal and a steward moved us to the seating at the side because of overcrowding. 

The first few games I went we had our own game at the bottom of the bycars end right behind the goal then 2nd half we used to go up to stand on the wall right at the back and have a fag or 2 

great view as a kid back there 

yeah I was at Watford to with my uncle  if I remember right the away end was right in the corner and we were more at the side 

We should of beat them at home though 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Thanks for your reply,I just feel like we are sliding down a hill of gullibility, being hoodwinked by ex premier no marks,it hurts to see good people being conned by wage stealers.

Colin is way down the list of people who's fault it is. If anything he has been side lined.
The problem's started when it became jobs for the boys last summer,to many people have abused Carole's trust
"Jobs for the boys"

You mean like Garlick giving the job to his old mate Askey from their Macclesfield days then stringing out his sacking which should have happened much earlier on this season?

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

"Jobs for the boys"

You mean like Garlick giving the job to his old mate Askey from their Macclesfield days then stringing out his sacking which should have happened much earlier on this season?

What is your evidence for all of that??

Colin is chief exec, as of which it his duty to advise the owners on who to hire and how to run the club. He is the go between from club to owner. Yes he may have been the saviour under he who can’t be named BUT he was never too vocal under the regime ONLY afterwards. After this season Carol and Kevin need to sit back and take a long hard business look on the Vale not as fans BUT as owners. Dead wood needs to be moved on from the top all the way down. Our current troubles lie deeper than the manager and a good CE must or should know those reasons. Time for a lot of those who are trusted by our owners to move on I think. 

Archived