Official website: John Jeffers (1968-2021)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Johnny, Johnny Jeffers, Johnny Jeffers on the wing. RIP JJ.

There have been plenty of comments posted on the article on the front of OVF here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/01/john-jeffers-passes-away/ I just wanted to highlight these two from JJ's f

Ah, that is so desperately sad, and my thoughts are with his family.  Such a gifted player, there was always a buzz when he got on the ball - he had the beating of defenders in an instant, and the cro

Posted Images

Sad times,many fond memories of Jinkin John Jeffers where he would beat his man somehow turn around and then go and beat him again,really quality winger

RIP JJJ thanks for the memories

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Absolutely fantastic a team of superstars. Thank you for posting this it’s very fitting. We could have  those were the days.won 6-1. I’m pleased to have been able to witness those games when we were taken seriously. The reason he never played for LFC was because he was under study to some bloke named John Barnes. I have a friend who has always been an LFC season ticket holder and he said that in that period a Barnes was the best player he’s ever seen. RIP JJ.

look :drink:at that pitch!

Ah, that is so desperately sad, and my thoughts are with his family.  Such a gifted player, there was always a buzz when he got on the ball - he had the beating of defenders in an instant, and the crowd loved him.  Rest in glory JJ, you brought so much joy to Vale fans in that era.

• Like 5

Like everyone else on here I'm shocked and saddened by today's news. 

It seems only like yesterday when JJ was plying his trade for us on the left wing. I can still see him on that soggy pitch at Brighton in 1994, helping us to promotion.

Great memories.

But what awful news. No age at all. My condolences to his family and close friends.

He will forever remain part of our Club's rich history.

• Like 2

Advert:

Just a very good and likeable player. Very sad. No doubt about it, a Vale legend. Even the bloatcake only have good things to say about him. Hope his family are reading all these comments, maybe a small comfort to know how well regarded he was and the pleasure he brought to many. Believe he was also well regarded at Stockers. RIP young man, and thank you for many happy memories.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Sad news, used to beat his man and comeback and do it again . Great entertainer and very skilful winger. RIP JJ.

Just loved beating men - you just new he would 'skin em' again!!! Quality

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

If only that typical jinking dribble and curling shot against Sjoke had gone in, instead of coming back off the inside of the post in to Ronnie Sinclair's hands. It would have been one of the best and most memorable goals ever to be scored at Vale Park 

Thanks for the memories JJ

Thoughts are with your family at this time. 

• Like 3

Hi all,

I've been in contact with the Jeffers family to pass on the condolences of the OVF community. They told me that they have taken great comfort from reading some of the comments and I have offered to pass them all onto them. 

** Please: if you want pass on a tribute or memory of the much loved John Jeffers please add a comment to this thread ***

To explain: at times like this OVF can at least let the families know how much their loved one meant to Vale fans. When Steve Fox sadly passed away, I passed on the comments from fans to them and the family wrote back to tell me that they have taken comfort from reading the comments at the wake. They were so grateful to hear he was still remembered by Vale fans. It's something I am very happy to do if it provides them with some comforting thoughts so I'll be collating all these comments and sending them on. I see it as a small token of our respect for their loved one and a way of the onevalefan community giving something back to players who have entertained us over the years.

So please keep the comments and memories coming,

Thanks,

Rob

p.s. If you're reading this and you're not a registered user of the forum you won't be able to post here but you can post a comment in the article here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2021/01/john-jeffers-passes-away/ Those comments will also be passed on.

John Jeffers. 1968-2021. RIP forever Valiant.