Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

3 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

I actually thought we were ok first half and were looking as though we gelling together and attempting to be offensive. 

2nd half however we AGAIN disintegrated into an unorganised, lacking in confidence mess. What happens at half time?

Walsall were no great shakes. They rode their luck with 3 apalling errors by us. 

As a long standing fan of over 40 years I have experienced all kinds of ups and downs, false promises and downright rubbish performances but the frustrating thing now is that we have resurrected the ailing Club with the new owners BUT appear to be going backwards in many senses on and off the field.  I did not expect a complete turnover of fortunes immediately after Carol/Kevin took control but are there honestly any good signs coming from the club now as to our rise up the League and future progression? I am a patient man, have to be being a Valiant! The problem seems to be that we are hearing constantly now and I personally know quite a few regulars, who are suggesting enough is enough and next season they will keep their hard earned cash firmly in their pockets. This worries me greatly.

As a fanatic of you own Club you ought to ride out poor periods, we know, we've had enough of those! In this pandemic age though many fans are losing jobs, having difficulties in making ends meet and are looking to economise. Add to this the growing number of disallusioned season ticket holders and there is recipe for massive concern about Vale's future. without income the Club will not be able to survive in the Football League.

There have many times I've felt like jacking it in but my footballing life has ensured I remain faithful to Vale. There may be hundreds, if not thousands soon that will not have the same enthusiasm or some would say idiotic allegiance to Vale. That is concerning me.

The powers that be have to safeguard their investment and it's now rapidly approaching(if not already upon us) the time when serious action is required on an urgent basis. As fans we surely need reassurance that matters will be resolved? If we carry on simply burying heads in the sand hoping all will be OK, then the unthinkable may happen. Vale are not immune to dropping out of the League, or dropping so far down the League regularly to cause concern. 

My hope is that Carol/Kevin are sufficiently wise and footballing astute to drag us out of this and spread good vibes to the ailing fanbase. Fingers crossed.

UTV/VTID.

This........great post!

12 hours ago, Joe B said:

Had enough of this club.

Crikey Joe,if you want to be a Valiant you have to be a bit more patient than that.Don't expect success straight away,even after six plus years.I had to wait ten years for my first promotion from this league and then another twelve years for the next one,with a relegation in between.There's more pain than gain but the good times are really worth waiting for.Trust me,you might have to wait for a while but the rewards are unforgettable.Keep The Faith.

• Like 3

Advert:

3 hours ago, onestepatatime said:

I actually thought we were ok first half and were looking as though we gelling together and attempting to be offensive. 

2nd half however we AGAIN disintegrated into an unorganised, lacking in confidence mess. What happens at half time?

Walsall were no great shakes. They rode their luck with 3 apalling errors by us. 

As a long standing fan of over 40 years I have experienced all kinds of ups and downs, false promises and downright rubbish performances but the frustrating thing now is that we have resurrected the ailing Club with the new owners BUT appear to be going backwards in many senses on and off the field.  I did not expect a complete turnover of fortunes immediately after Carol/Kevin took control but are there honestly any good signs coming from the club now as to our rise up the League and future progression? I am a patient man, have to be being a Valiant! The problem seems to be that we are hearing constantly now and I personally know quite a few regulars, who are suggesting enough is enough and next season they will keep their hard earned cash firmly in their pockets. This worries me greatly.

As a fanatic of you own Club you ought to ride out poor periods, we know, we've had enough of those! In this pandemic age though many fans are losing jobs, having difficulties in making ends meet and are looking to economise. Add to this the growing number of disallusioned season ticket holders and there is recipe for massive concern about Vale's future. without income the Club will not be able to survive in the Football League.

There have many times I've felt like jacking it in but my footballing life has ensured I remain faithful to Vale. There may be hundreds, if not thousands soon that will not have the same enthusiasm or some would say idiotic allegiance to Vale. That is concerning me.

The powers that be have to safeguard their investment and it's now rapidly approaching(if not already upon us) the time when serious action is required on an urgent basis. As fans we surely need reassurance that matters will be resolved? If we carry on simply burying heads in the sand hoping all will be OK, then the unthinkable may happen. Vale are not immune to dropping out of the League, or dropping so far down the League regularly to cause concern. 

My hope is that Carol/Kevin are sufficiently wise and footballing astute to drag us out of this and spread good vibes to the ailing fanbase. Fingers crossed.

UTV/VTID.

Top post worthy of a response from the club. What is happening??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, For Us All said:

Crikey Joe,if you want to be a Valiant you have to be a bit more patient than that.Don't expect success straight away,even after six plus years.I had to wait ten years for my first promotion from this league and then another twelve years for the next one,with a relegation in between.There's more pain than gain but the good times are really worth waiting for.Trust me,you might have to wait for a while but the rewards are unforgettable.Keep The Faith.

What advice would you give me FUA I have been waiting 60 plus years 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

To wind you up all even more... Adebayo has agreed terms with Hearts today!

£100, 000 min, Development Fee to Fulham?

1 hour ago, valiant steve said:

New manager needed asap. A proper manager to lead the football club.

We are massively missing leadership on and off the pitch.

Advert:

11 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

What advice would you give me FUA I have been waiting 60 plus years 

OMG.ive only done 50 years, another 10 years to go ARRGGH.

Edited by Conrad

Issue with Legge was probably the amount of games at his age in short times, however now there are far fewer midweek games, this one then the next is end of February.

Don’t know what’s gone off but silly decision for me.
Apparently he has an appearance clause that if he plays so many games he gets a 12 month extension and we don't want him next year talking up a large chunk of the budget. Good management decision if you ask me. Leon has been a great servant to the club but no where near good enough this year
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, valefan16 said:
Issue with Legge was probably the amount of games at his age in short times, however now there are far fewer midweek games, this one then the next is end of February.

Apparently he has an appearance clause that if he plays so many games he gets a 12 month extension and we don't want him next year talking up a large chunk of the budget. Good management decision if you ask me. Leon has been a great servant to the club but no where near good enough this year

If that’s correct, then that sounds fair enough to me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

That's fair enough mate and I agree he possibly may of been released but he deserves better than internet hearsay .

The club need to clarify the situation properly. Not only has he been a decent player but he's also a good ambassador .

He was doing a music night at the club last March that was cancelled because of obvious reasons and overall seems a good egg 

Deserves a better end to his Vale career . 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Conrad said:

I agree, we did play well today, were it not for the 2 calamitous goals, which happens once in a blue moon, we would have won the game.

I am as disappointed as any vale fan to loose any game at home, but most on here go into total meltdown slagging off every player, the fact that Sinclair and Paynter were overseeing the team , we have no permanent manager, the caretaker manager has covid, who else would they expect to be in the dugout? Carol? Kevin?Rudge? Garlick? Joan Stanley?

sorry for the rant but it’s getting all doom and gloom on here because we’ve lost one game from our last 3.

This isn’t directed at you btw.

You genuinely thought we played well yesterday? What were you smoking?

We were terrible on the whole, and against a poor side. Also, without the "2 calamitous goals" we would still only have drew the game.

We're woeful.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 1

Advert:

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

You genuinely thought we played well yesterday? What were you smoking?

We were terrible on the whole, and against a poor side. Also, without the "2 calamitous goals" we would still only have drew the game.

We're woeful.

Goals change games, were it not for the first and third goals, which even we wouldn’t normally concede, we would have won the game Imo.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Goals change games, were it not for the first and third goals, which even we wouldn’t normally concede, we would have won the game Imo.

I bet they are saying if they didn't have casper in goal for our free kick they would have won 3-0.

• Like 1