Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

How poor was that? Not what I would call the start of a new era. Apart from Conlon's superb goal, it was a complete shambles.

Walsall will not score three easier goals or win three easier points, that's how poor it was. The difference? A proper manager with a proper game plan and a proper set of tactics. Set up to nullify any threats we posed and to capitalise on any mistakes. And it worked a treat.

The sooner we learn that appointing rookie managers on the cheap does not work, the better. 

CD I am grateful for everything we get but need to highlight that " Conlons superb goal " needs to be grouped with Walsall's three goals " will not score an easier goal "

Agree entirely on the set up from Walsall management team. Work hard, effort, go for goal with three goal threats. Defence they have to work extra hard because i feel that is their weakness. Two full backs more like big donkeys, very little skill going forward but did stop our attacks. Then again it was the  Vale against them today. Its EASY.

• Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

what a load of tripe, poor players, poor coaching poor effort, poor skill, poor tactics get a grip carol, were on our way down . on the whole poor!

oh yes and very poor pitch!😒

Edited by geoff1
spelling

Leon de-registered. Sinclair avoided the question. Poor way of treating a decent player and decent bloke.

Full contact rugby on Thursday led to 2-3 injuries. Club not entirely honest on that front, which annoys me.

Mayhem up Burslem. UTV. See you all on Tuesday. Frank Sinclair's Black and White Army.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

Speedy and his team worked there socks off to get that game on and they served up that dross. We are too slow at the back a hopeful punt upfield and teams are clean through on goal. Brisley and Smith get caught ball watching and are making mistakes all the time. Mills is dreadful fitzpatrick has done OK but in general is a non league player. 

Advert:

Less said the better about that game. Difficult to play decent, passing  football on that pitch and the poor goals Vale gave away flattered Walsall and the score line.

Players should know better than to play back passes directly at goal on a pitch like that, it's asking for trouble.

Last season Vale had Gibbons and Clarke at full back, this season we have Fitz and Mills both of whom are not good enough and the basis of Vale's defensive problems. Fitz may have well not been on the pitch for their 2nd goal.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

Speedy . his the one one to put a shift in today . Thank you and well Done speedy . 

you can only do so much with such an old pitch. credit to him.

3 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Speedy and his team worked there socks off to get that game on and they served up that dross. We are too slow at the back a hopeful punt upfield and teams are clean through on goal. Brisley and Smith get caught ball watching and are making mistakes all the time. Mills is dreadful fitzpatrick has done OK but in general is a non league player. 

so are several others

• Like 1

When David Fitzpatrick is far from your biggest worry, you know you're a poor side going only in one direction.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Leon de-registered. Sinclair avoided the question.

Full contact rugby on Thursday led to 2-3 injuries.

Mayhem up Burslem. UTV. See you all on Tuesday.

If this is the case, Carol needs to answer some questions.  I do belive you. By the way I know legge is de registered, just proves you can not trust what PVC tell us, so dissapointed with the top people.

Advert:

Totally agree with all you say. If Carol is taking Sinclair seriously we are in deep trouble. He's bad news for the Vale,no doubt about it. Since when does a youth coach come on and start pontificating on a senior players career! Arrogant <ovf censored>,get gone.

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Sinclair talks a complete load of donkey twaddle, a complete embarrassment. I don’t know why we don’t get Eddie Newton involved then we’ll have probably the worst two Chelsea FC players of all time. They’re all blagging Carol and unfortunately I think she’s believing them as she doesn’t know any better. That’s why Colin Garlick perhaps needs some help at the club.

It wasn’t great in the 70’s but from memory at least they tried. I remember going to York away where we lost 6-0. On our way home we met fans from Blackpool in the motorway services who informed us that our manager Alan Bloor has resigned. Why doesn’t Sinclair take that line and he’d earn more respect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Well that went exactly as expected. We somehow make a very poor side look better than they are by being worse in all departments somehow.

Out ASAP -

Danny Pugh

Frank Sinclair

David Fitzpatrick

Nathan Smith

Leon Legge

Shaun Brisley

Adam Crooks

Zak Mills

Luke Joyce

Danny Whitehead

Scott Burgess

Manny Oyeleke

Harry McKirdy

David Amoo

Mark Cullen

Theo Robinson

Kurtis Guthrie

The OVF Happy Clappers

The club is rotten. Nice owners, sure, but they don't have a penny to invest on the pitch which is and will always be the most important aspect of any football club.

TylerB

Dont like your choice of words or your style but  BUT

i do agree in almost all the above. Smith, Burgess keep as squad players and i am a big critic of Smith. Guthrie has to be given ten games before any comments can be made. Our service to the FRONT MAN must be the worst in the football league but i would still play him before the others we have available.

*** Leave the owners out of it. Dread to think where we would be now and that worries me. I am not one who will run off up to Anfield or wherever.

WE NEED THEM MORE THAN EVER NOW. What a job they have on their hands. I hope they never weaken ?

5 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Leon de-registered. Sinclair avoided the question.

Full contact rugby on Thursday led to 2-3 injuries. Club not entirely honest on that front, which annoys me.

Mayhem up Burslem. UTV. See you all on Tuesday. Frank Sinclair's Black and White Army.

buddah help us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😬

2 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Less said the better about that game. Difficult to play decent, passing  football on that pitch and the poor goals Vale gave away flattered Walsall and the score line.

Players should know better than to play back passes directly at goal on a pitch like that, it's asking for trouble.

Last season Vale had Gibbons and Clarke at full back, this season we have Fitz and Mills both of whom are not good enough and the basis of Vale's defensive problems. Fitz may have well not been on the pitch for their 2nd goal.

The pitch is the same for both teams, and we did knock it about well in spells first half.  Otherwise spot on.

1 minute ago, Properman said:

If this is the case, Carol needs to answer some questions.  I do belive you. By the way I know legge is de registered, just proves you can not trust what PVC tell us, so dissapointed with the top people.

if you know so much, i hope youve applied for the job!

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Totally agree with all you say. If Carol is taking Sinclair seriously we are in deep trouble. He's bad news for the Vale,no doubt about it. Since when does a youth coach come on and start pontificating on a senior players career! Arrogant <ovf censored>,get gone.

agreed good clearout of backroom staff req.d😬

• Like 1