Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Advert:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

The worst part of all of this is we have now wasted a transfer window by letting these pretenders have a go at management. Whoever the new manager is, he's got to work with this shower until summer.

We have signed Taylor, massive signing for us to get him. Guthrie, desperate for a center forward. Our owners have done more than expected for Jan. I do agree though that we must get a new manager. He will need to start again in the summer.

• Thanks 1

Criteria for new Vale manager.

Are you already at the club?  Yes - go to question 3.  If no go to question 2.

Have you had any connection with Vale.  Yes - go to question 3.   No - your application is invalid so you are not in the frame.  You might as well put it in the bin.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Sinclair has just said they are looking for a partner for Guthrie - is he going on bloody Strictly??

Alice the restaurant owner?

Edited by Howjy04

Advert:

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

You have Pugh saying we’ve got a ‘very good squad’ and now Sinclair praising us getting torn apart. Couldn’t make it up

Actually they could both be right. I think it is the crap management structure that has been holding us back. Sinclair sounds like an utter amateur and Pugh? 

Get anyone in. I mean anyone. I think we need an ass kicker. 

1 hour ago, osprey said:

The difference in the standard of defending between the two teams is very clear

Sorry Osp have to disagree.

Their two full backs looked like big donkeys. Jules and White. Walsall are very good going forward with Adeybayor, Gordon, McDonald etc but their defence lets them down.

Dont forget that their defence today played against our wide men , midfield men and two fullbacks. We are poor. Me and you could play full back against the Vale.

What also helped them was the workrate and effort from the whole team but above all we are shocking going forward and dont offer enough threat on opposition goal. Conlon excepted.

• Like 1

For the avoidance of doubt, I am absolutely 100% confident the players played contact rugby on Thursday. Rodney and Visser were injured in the process. 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A reminder:

Danny Pugh/Frank Sinclair don't 'deserve a go'. They're owed nothing by Port Vale. They are paid to coach.

We need the best possible manager in, pronto. None of this sycophantic rubbish, giving Pugh an extended trial period and hoping we don't have to make any form of tough decision/risk. 

Joe, I agree. It’s a balance of cash investment against being the chance of being relegated. I’m sure we advertised the post and it was reported that we’d received applications. So has the paper sift process taken place.? If so when does the interviews process start. 
I suspect that it’s all been put on hold to give Pugh a few more games, but games will slip away. I think we’re reverting back to the theory of other seasons with the exception of last season. There’ll be two worse teams than us in the league. 

Advert:

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

We have signed Taylor, massive signing for us to get him. Guthrie, desperate for a center forward. Our owners have done more than expected for Jan. I do agree though that we must get a new manager. He will need to start again in the summer.

Taylor is a lazy signing for me one of Sproeys lads, much of a mutchness signing, in my opinion our midfield is too alike, we need a commanding centre half and a left back who can defend and a growler in midfield. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ginginator said:

Out of this squad I would keep Conlon, Gibbons, Taylor and Devante. WE do need to start afresh and I do believe the covid break has messed up the older squad players. We do need a rebuild and a manager not from within our current set up

Correct. We probably panicked and signed up all players that we could from last season. We were all happy with that but we needed 3 or 4 players to strengthen last seasons first 11. Instead we signed several squad players, no where near good enough and we have gone backwards this season.

Add to that Brown,Legge,Joyce,Pope all 12 months further down the line to their end of career season.

We have messed up big style this season, thats for sure.

12 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

You have Pugh saying we’ve got a ‘very good squad’ and now Sinclair praising us getting torn apart. Couldn’t make it up

Sinclair was a very good player in his day but it's the biggest myth in football that being a good player will make you a good manager. Just think of some of the greatest players we've seen: Ryan Giggs, Paul Ince, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, even Thierry Henry. It's a completely different skill set. 

And anyone who looks at Sinclair's coaching and management record, will know why he shouldn't be anywhere near a football management job. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sinclair

Advert:

Sinclair talks a complete load of donkey twaddle, a complete embarrassment. I don’t know why we don’t get Eddie Newton involved then we’ll have probably the worst two Chelsea FC players of all time. They’re all blagging Carol and unfortunately I think she’s believing them as she doesn’t know any better. That’s why Colin Garlick perhaps needs some help at the club.

It wasn’t great in the 70’s but from memory at least they tried. I remember going to York away where we lost 6-0. On our way home we met fans from Blackpool in the motorway services who informed us that our manager Alan Bloor has resigned. Why doesn’t Sinclair take that line and he’d earn more respect.

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

Sinclair was a very good player in his day but it's the biggest myth in football that being a good player will make you a good manager. Just think of some of the greatest players we've seen: Ryan Giggs, Paul Ince, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, even Thierry Henry. It's a completely different skill set. 

And anyone who looks at Sinclair's coaching and management record, will know why he shouldn't be anywhere near a football management job. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Sinclair

sinclair says Brown held his hand up to the goals in the dressing room-shame he didnt in the match!😒

• Haha 3