Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

Disgraceful performance. 

Askey has been sacked and rightly so and nothing has changed. Put the money up and get a decent manager in otherwise we will get worse and worse. 

Some truly shambolic players out there again. The sooner the clowns mills, Fitzpatrick and whitehead (I know he didn’t play today) are released the better. 

brown seems to have completely lost it and Joyce has been a disgrace this season. Get rid. 

Dreadful. Don’t think there is a positive other than Conlon looking ok. Imagine we will lose him and sign some other mug to replace him 

• Like 4

Seen enough. Look like a set of very unsettled indiviudals playing for a temporary management team. No quality with.the ball whatsoever, not finding your man, bringing problems on themsleves frequently.
Joyce was completely anonymous and poor with the ball, as were everyone else with exception of Conlon. No service to Guthrie at all. Needs a manager in with strong character to come and get a grip of them. No more nicey nicey nepotism, playing for your mate.and no consequences when isn't working.

• Like 5

Just now, Doha said:

We've been watching this exact same crap for the last 6+ years. I'm sick of it. 

Exactly this. Last season aside I can’t even remember not having an atrocious season. It’s just so depressing

• Like 1

Pugh can't really have any blame directed against him for that.

Okay we were garbage but all 3 goals were down to individual mistakes (and so was our consolation).

Could do with a proper manager in now but with 7 days left of the transfer window and Pugh already signing 2 players and looking for a 3rd I think it's Pugh's until the end of the season at least. Something I wouldn't have done myself.

Advert:

Just now, valeparklife said:

Okay we were garbage but all 3 goals were down to individual mistakes (and so was our consolation).

Could do with a proper manager in now but with 7 days left of the transfer window and Pugh already signing 2 players and looking for a 3rd I think it's Pugh's until the end of the season at least. Something I wouldn't have done myself.

The performance overall was diabolical yet again though. How many times did we test their keeper?

• Like 1

Advert:

Out of this squad I would keep Conlon, Gibbons, Taylor and Devante. WE do need to start afresh and I do believe the covid break has messed up the older squad players. We do need a rebuild and a manager not from within our current set up

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Fitzpatrick is fine as a back up but he’s nowhere near good enough to be our first choice 

Agreed but he's played virtually all season and even on the rare occasions Montano is fit he has had the shirt 

• Like 1

Just now, valeparklife said:

Big mistake IMO, has Michael Brown similarities written all over it and we only just stayed up then. I will take 3rd from bottom this season now.

• Like 4

Advert:

How poor was that? Not what I would call the start of a new era. Apart from Conlon's superb goal, it was a complete shambles.

Walsall will not score three easier goals or win three easier points, that's how poor it was. The difference? A proper manager with a proper game plan and a proper set of tactics. Set up to nullify any threats we posed and to capitalise on any mistakes. And it worked a treat.

The sooner we learn that appointing rookie managers on the cheap does not work, the better. 

Edited by CambridgeDon
  • Like 3

Just now, theresonlyonemcphee said:

What/who was Sinclair smirking at when walking off the pitch?

Did anyone else see this? And what the bloody hell has he got to smirk about?!

YES,he needs clearing off.Its all gone wrong since he was introduced to the Vale. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1