Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

Remember the 0-5 we were a shocker last home game of the season and me walking out going I will never get a season ticket again (and I haven't).

That game and the 0-4 v Burton finished me off in terms of going all the time the home games that is but I'll never forget that 0-5 great way sell season tickets and that's why I want them be hammered always .

Team well Pugh was saying Gibbons is close great and I hear Worrall and Oyeleke will be in contention if so with Poirot Guthrie out to prove a point to 18 thousand Bradford fans this is why a see mighty win for the fantastic Valiants 

• Like 3

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

They're just a bit of a non-entity. Nothing against Walsall, I just feel as much towards them as I do, say Torquay, Barnsley, or the Clitheroe Wolves. I've never felt that these games have any greater importance/spice.

I have more antipathy for Bradford, for example; feels we've played them every year for ages, they keep nicking player we want, and they think they're massive as they built a big stadium and give out season tickets in cereal boxes, alongside Hot Wheels and Spider Man toys.

Walsall? Eh. Clearly a generational thing.

Edited by Joe B

Wonder who will pick the side after Pugh has tested Posititve according to the Senile.

Hope no more have to self isolate.  Wonder if they could call the match off and give our sick notes more time to recover and those having to self isolate 🤔

27 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Wonder who will pick the side after Pugh has tested Posititve according to the Senile.

Hope no more have to self isolate.  Wonder if they could call the match off and give our sick notes more time to recover and those having to self isolate 🤔

I guess Pugh will pick it and pass the message on how to set up,well i hope so anyway as i aren't that confident if Sinclair is in full control

• Like 1

Advert:

14 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I guess Pugh will pick it and pass the message on how to set up,well i hope so anyway as i aren't that confident if Sinclair is in full control

Watch the game on ifollow and  ring through the subs?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Watch the game on ifollow and  ring through the subs?

Depends how far behind his stream is lagging.

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 11:03, ELDERBEZZA said:

We hate Walsall ,have done for many years. Please Vale ,TURN UP and stuff them!!!!

Yes! Real bogey side until Micky put them straight a few years back. My own personal trauma was watching them beat us 1-2 at Vale Park on a Boxing Day yonks ago. But we had the last laugh as we signed John Woodward who got both their goals. I was behind the goal at the Bycars end when the winner went in. Not a nice feeling on Boxing Day!

And what bigger incentive than to pay them back for the 4-3 defeat at their place - a game we should easily have won.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, blackdog said:

Still break into a sweat when I think of Alan Buckley, got rid of him and then Don Penn seemed to score every time we played them, they were a real bogey side.

Yep I agree BD, the sheer mention of Alan Buckley's name and that of the football club brings on angst, hope we can beat them Saturday. To Buckley's credit he was a hell of a player for Walsall.

• Like 2

Advert:

40 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Yes! Real bogey side until Micky put them straight a few years back. My own personal trauma was watching them beat us 1-2 at Vale Park on a Boxing Day yonks ago. But we had the last laugh as we signed John Woodward who got both their goals. I was behind the goal at the Bycars end when the winner went in. Not a nice feeling on Boxing Day!

And what bigger incentive than to pay them back for the 4-3 defeat at their place - a game we should easily have won.

Know I've said this before, but John Connaughton letting on dribble through his legs from about 35 yards in a Cup replay at VP still makes me feel like crying! I can't swear I didn't cry that night....think we lost 3-1 at home having drawn at Fellows Park. You have to come from a certain generation to realise the hatred of Walsall.......not bothered so much now but OMG "We hate Walsall...."....😂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Fantastic memories. 1972. Some therapeutic rehabilitation for Valiants when we tempted ex tormentors John Woodward and Bernie Wright over to Vale Park before they could create any more damage. Growing up in the 70s, I can't ever remember us beating Walsall. Names like Alan Buckley and Bobby Shinton still give me the fear. 

Vale, please help an old Valiant who still needs assistance in his recuperation, with a win on Saturday

• Like 4

16 hours ago, toyahw said:

Thought it went "we all hate Stoke and Stoke and Stoke, Stoke and Stoke and Stoke and Stoke. And Walsall."

Showing your youthful age now.

18 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Showing your youthful age now.

The old ones are the best. Anyway I was brought up to hate Walsall next, after Stoke. 

Edited by toyahw
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

I remember John Connaughton in goal, Hamil End. Not sure if it was a cup or league game, late 70's or early 80's. I said to my mate, following a very innocuous looking back pass, "I'll laugh if he lets this in"  He did, I didn't laugh 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2